• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom of The Crystal Skull wasn't that bad. It had some flaws, but it was still a fun, entertaining movie to watch.

Rogue One retconing the Death Star's infamous vent as a deliberate sabotage rather than a design flaw was completely unnecessary and in fact raised more questions than it answered. Like seriously, you are tasked with building a planet-destroying superweapon and want to put some exploitable weakness in it for the small, ill-equipped group of rebels to take advantage of. And what you come up with is making the main reactor extremely volatile and easy to detonate... if you manage to pull off a shot which is pretty much impossible without an advanced targeting computer and very hard even with it, while flying at high speed, WHILE being chased and shoot at by endless waves of imperial starfighters specifically designed for fast-paced space combat and being manned by highly trained and skilled pilots brainwashed into a complete loyalty. The exhaust port had an one meter radius (two meters diameter), while the Death Star itself was 60 kilometers in radius (120 km diameter). Allowing 1 km radius for the reactor (which is very generous), it means that a torpedo shot into the port had to travel 59 kilometers through a shaft 2 meters in diameter in order to blow up the reactor. Which means that any shot straying more than a thousandth part of a degree from parallel to the shaft (0,000971 degree, to be more specific) would fail. And that's assuming that torpedo would be shot exactly in the middle of the port and ignoring the size of the torpedo itself. It took the closest thing possible to a divine intervention in the Star Wars 'verse to actually pull that off. And you're trying to tell me it was a deliberate sabotage put in with hope of somebody actually doing it WITHOUT a miracle? Sorry, but I'm far more inclined to believe it was simple design flaw that no one bothered to correct due to how ridiculously improbable it was for anyone to successfuly exploit it.

I'm not at all blaming Peter Quill for his actions in Avengers: Infinity War. It's a rather bad case of what I tend to call "HISHE Syndrome" - fans expecting every single character to always act in a perfectly 100% logical and rational way no matter what and calling every case of them failing to do so "a plot hole", "a bad writing", "a character derailment", or all three. Sorry, but no. He just learned that the love of his life has just been killed by her own omnicidal father, standing right now right before him, who despite supposedly being in a great anguish shows no remorse over it. As catastrophic as it ended up being, Quill going into a blind rage and trying to kill Thanos with his bare hands while he was hypnotised, thus accidentaly snapping him out wasn't an incredibly stupid, hopeless selfish and unjustified decision that doomed half of the universe - it was an incredibly stupid and hopeless decision that doomed half of the universe that just about any normal, mentaly sound human would take, because that's how our psychology works.

I agree. Characters who always know what to do and are perfect all the time are boring, which is why they're called Mary Sues. Characters with flaws and who don't always do the right thing makes a conflict interesting and compelling. Plus, if you really want to see bad writing, I dare you to read this book series called Elsie Dinsmore, especially the first two books. They're so full of bad writing, plot holes, and characters making outright stupid decisions that fly in the face of logic that it makes me want to bang my head against the wall, all done for the sake of poorly executed drama in the form of blowing every little thing out of proportion. Hell, why do you think shows like Avatar The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic got to be so popular? They could have contributed to the gigantic pile of bad kiddie shows, but instead the creators cared enough about them to write good stories and compelling, three-dimensional characters that audiences could love, flaws and all.

I agree. Characters who always know what to do and are perfect all the time are boring, which is why they're called Mary Sues. Characters with flaws and who don't always do the right thing makes a conflict interesting and compelling. Plus, if you really want to see bad writing, I dare you to read this book series called Elsie Dinsmore, especially the first two books. They're so full of bad writing, plot holes, and characters making outright stupid decisions that fly in the face of logic that it makes me want to bang my head against the wall, all done for the sake of poorly executed drama in the form of blowing every little thing out of proportion. Hell, why do you think shows like Avatar The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic got to be so popular? They could have contributed to the gigantic pile of bad kiddie shows, but instead the creators cared enough about them to write good stories and compelling, three-dimensional characters that audiences could love, flaws and all.
Wasn't Elsie Dinsmore the book that made you pissed off as hell? I was kinda scared reading your review of that one.

Yeah, unfortunately. It's just a dumb series of books that are little more than mouthpieces for the author's religious views disguised as a girl's adventures. It's really not great.

here are some anime opinions....

1. idk if this is unpopular for sure but i wish there was more cgi anime! i think even when it's bad it's still neat to see and sometimes kinda charming like a bad english dub
  2. devilman crybaby sucka so bad. don't know how people liked that stuff when the OVAs are right there. the only good things i have to say about it are SOMETIMES i liked the animation and it had really good music
  3. misa amane from death note was cute and could've been a fun character if they didn't utilize her so poorly
  4. ugly early 2000s anime art styles with the giant rectangle-ish dark eyes like clannad look GOOD....... this one's probably very heavily influenced by nostalgia but i think they look very cute and strongly appeal to me!!! i wish there was more anime with that specific style in the Present Times

ugly early 2000s anime art styles with the giant rectangle-ish dark eyes like clannad look GOOD....... this one's probably very heavily influenced by nostalgia but i think they look very cute and strongly appeal to me!!! i wish there was more anime with that specific style in the Present Times

You might be right that's an unpopular opinion. I tried to watch Clannad, but the character designs were just so ugly. I can't think of any other series where I've been so negatively opinionated about artstyle. IIRC pretty much everything aside from the characters' faces were actually quite beautiful, but those faces... Sorry.

A series like Sound! Euphonium manages to have beautiful, very detailed art through-and-through and the characters aren't ugly. I prefer it that way.

I tried to watch Clannad, but the character designs were just so ugly. I can't think of any other series where I've been so negatively opinionated about art style.

You think Clannad's character designs look ugly? Hoo boy, you have not seen the likes of shows such as The Nutshack or anything made by the Brazilian company Video Brinquedo.

Anyway...yeah, still not able to get into Kaguya-sama. I want to like this show, but the comedy and its tendency to make everything seem as ridiculous as possible is so irritating!

You think Clannad's character designs look ugly? Hoo boy, you have not seen the likes of shows such as The Nutshack or anything made by the Brazilian company Video Brinquedo.
There's also that one yaoi manga that is dog-themed that looks horribly bad even by "14-year old doodling in a notebook" standards. I remember I found about it by looking at the "so bad, it's horrible" page on TvTropes, and in just one drawing I understood why it's there.

There's also that one yaoi manga that is dog-themed that looks horribly bad even by "14-year old doodling in a notebook" standards. I remember I found about it by looking at the "so bad, it's horrible" page on TvTropes, and in just one drawing I understood why it's there.
Yaoi hands syndrome, unfortunately, plagues the genre quite often, and if not hands then it's deformed lips or just flat out bad body anatomy. Even some yaoi series I like occasionally had this problem (though not often thankfully), it's also why I sometimes prefer any anime adaptations compared to their manga counterparts in this genre as at least it's usually better drawn (or I just go for doujins, since most I've read they at least didn't have big hands and/or lips and they aren't too deformed in general).

Yaoi hands syndrome, unfortunately, plagues the genre quite often, and if not hands then it's deformed lips or just flat out bad body anatomy. Even some yaoi series I like occasionally had this problem (though not often thankfully), it's also why I sometimes prefer any anime adaptations compared to their manga counterparts in this genre as at least it's usually better drawn (or I just go for doujins, since most I've read they at least didn't have big hands and/or lips and they aren't too deformed in general).
Dude, it was not just the hands on that manga. It was everything. If you told me those were gay ghouls, I would have believed you and gotten away from you as fast as I could.

Also, I don't read yaoi. I just checked that one because I couldn't believe that it could be that bad (it was on the "So Bad, It's Horrible" section on TvTropes). It was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom