• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

We get a gorilla as a starter this gen... It Doesn't get Gorilla Tactics as an ability.
Not that I don't mind Rillaboom getting Grass Terrain, but that seems like a missed opportunity.

I had kinda assumed the Pokemon with two sprites that looked the same were gender differences.

There's a bunch of Pokemon on that sheet with two similar sprites. Wobbufett, Roselia, Toxicroak etc. All Pokemon with gender differences.

Maybe Sinistea and Polteageist of different genders inhabit slightly different cups/teapots?

That would have been my assumption too, but Mimikyu and the Pumpkaboo line also have multiple identical sprites, and we know those aren't gender differences.

Just finished updating the returning Pokémon list. I count 351 returning Pokémon, but if I'm wrong please correct me.

New Abilities:
  • Ball Fetch If the Pokémon is not holding an item, it will fetch the Poké Ball from the first failed throw of the battle.
  • Cotton Down When a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a move, the Speed of the attacking Pokémon is decreased by one stage.
  • Dauntless Shield Boosts the Pokémon's Defense when the Pokémon enters a battle.
  • Gorilla Tactics Boosts the Pokemon's Attack Stat, but only allows the first selected move.
  • Gulp Missile After using Surf or Dive, Cramorant will turn into its Gulping Form. If it takes damage, it will damage the attacker.
  • Hunger Switch A Morpeko with Hunger Switch will change between its Full Belly Mode and Hangry Mode every turn.
  • Ice Face The Pokémon's ice face can take a physical attack as a substitute, but the attack also changes the Pokémon's appearance. The ice will be restored when it hails.
  • Ice Scales The Pokemon is protected by Ice Scales, which halve the power of special moves.
  • Intrepid Sword Boosts the Pokémon's Attack when the Pokémon enters a battle.
  • Libero Changes the Pokémon's type depending on what move they are using. (basically Protean)
  • Mimicry Changes the Pokémon's type depending on the terrain.
  • Mirror Armor Bounces back only the stat-lowering effects that the Pokémon receives.
  • Neutralizing Gas Suppresses the effects of Abilities of all Pokémon currently in battle.
  • Pastel Veil Prevents the Pokémon with this Ability and its allies from being afflicted by poison. It also heals ally poison when sent out.
  • Propeller Tail Negates other Pokemon's abilities and draw in moves.
  • Punk Rock Boosts the power of sound-based moves. This Pokémon also takes half the damage from these kinds of moves.
  • Ripen Ripens Berries and double their effect.
  • Sand Spit Starts a sandstorm upon being hit by an attack.
  • Screen Cleaner When the Pokémon enters battle, the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil are nullified for both opposing and ally Pokémon.
  • Stalwart Ignores the effects of opposing Pokémon's Abilities and moves that draw in moves.
  • Steam Engine When a Pokémon with Steam Engine is hit by an Fire-type or Water-type move, its Speed stat is increased by three stages. Does not make you immune.
  • Wandering Spirit The Pokémon exchanges Abilities with a Pokémon that hits it with a move that makes direct contact.
Can I copypaste this.

Of course Frosmoth is slow. Who'd guessed? Ice types always get the shaft. And no, its HA (Ice Scales) isn't going to do crap, because Rock moves like Rock Slide are physical. So unless I missed something, one of my favorite designs is slow as a snail and easily dead. Oh well, at least Zacian doesn't disappoint....does it?

That said, new Gigantamaxes revealed in Datamine:

Melmetal
Sandaconda
Toxtricity
Orbeetle
Appletun

Last edited:
Do we know if any old Pokemon have gotten stat updates?

Also has the datamine revealed the version exclusives?

According to that pastebin, we have an extra foreign section that includes:
  • Bulbasaur and Squirtle lines
  • Mew duo
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • The Swords of Justice
  • The Tao trio
  • Alola starters
  • Alolan legends
  • Marshadow and Zeraora (but not Magearna, oddly)
  • Meltan line

Aaaand that's all. Man, here I was getting excited that the cut might not've been that bad.

Datamine in, following moves removed:

View: https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1193893971698700288

Following Pokémon in game data:
View attachment 128292

Oooh boy.

I get a lot of these being gone because they're sig moves/Z-Moves. And then some of them I doubt anyone will miss, like Rock Climb or Sonic Boom. But there's plenty in here that are very decent moves? Return, Heal Block, Me First, Pursuit, Hidden Power, Flame Burst-why take those out?

According to that pastebin, we have an extra foreign section that includes:
  • Bulbasaur and Squirtle lines View attachment 128301
  • Mew duo
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • The Swords of Justice
  • The Tao trio
  • Alola starters
  • Alolan legends
  • Marshadow and Zeraora (but not Magearna, oddly)
  • Meltan line
Aaaand that's all. Man, here I was getting excited that the cut might not've been that bad.
Huh. Celebi and Jirachi but no Johto and Hoenn starters. Six legendaries from Unova, nothing from Sinnoh or Kalos. That's very suspicious - my guess is that a third/version or sequel or remakes will have the remaining starters and Gen IV/VI legendaries.

Oooh boy.

I get a lot of these being gone because they're sig moves/Z-Moves. And then some of them I doubt anyone will miss, like Rock Climb or Sonic Boom. But there's plenty in here that are very decent moves? Return, Heal Block, Me First, Pursuit, Hidden Power, Flame Burst-why take those out?
Hidden Power was probably taken out because of the mints and other stat boosters.

Also because screw Unowns, apparently.

Damn, after seeing Cloyster in the expanded list I was really hoping he'd get Water Shuriken.

Hidden Power was probably taken out because of the mints and other stat boosters.
Hidden Power wouldn't be affected by them, though? Bottle Caps work in a weird way where the Pokemon acts like they have a perfect IV but don't actually have theirs changed.
Rather than actually changing a Pokémon's IVs, Hyper Training sets a modifier for the game to treat that stat as if it had an IV of 31. As a result, it affects neither the type of Hidden Power the Pokémon has nor the IVs it can pass down when breeding. IVs that have been set to 31 via Hyper Training will say "Hyper trained!" rather than "Best" when the Pokémon is judged by the Judge program in the PC.
Hyper Training - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

And then the mints wouldn't affect them at all, because Hidden Power is based on IVs, not stat totals. That's why EV training and vitamins don't affect it, either.
Also because screw Unowns, apparently.
Honestly, I get that.

Back
Top Bottom