• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Not a totally comprehensive list of evolution levels:

Grookey (16) Thwackey (35) Rillaboom
Scorbunny (16) Raboot (35) Cinderace
Sobble (16) Drizzile (35) Inteleon
Skwovet (24) Greedent
Rookidee (18) Corvisquire (38) Corviknight
Blipbug (10) Dottler (30) Orbeetle
Nickit (18) Thievul
Gossifleur (20) Eldegoss
Wooloo (24) Dubwool
Chewtle (22) Drednaw
Yamper (25) Boltund
Rolycoly (18) Carkol (34) Coalossal
Applin (use Tart Apple) Flapple
Applin (use Sweet Apple) Appletun
Silicobra (36) Sandaconda
Arrokuda (26) Barraskewda
Toxel (30) Toxtricity (the data dump seems to indicate that the forms are branched evos, like Lycanroc)
Sizzlipede (28) Centiskorch
Clobbopus (level up while knowing Taunt) Grapploct
Sinistea (use item) Polteageist
Hatenna (32) Hattrem (42) Hatterene
Impidimp (32) Morgrem (42) Grimmsnarl
Milcery (some weird method lol) Alcremie
Snom (level up with high friendship at night) Frosmoth
Cufant (34) Copperajah
Dreepy (50 fuck) Drakloak (60) Dragapult
Meowth (28) Perrserker
Farfetch'd (can't tell what it means) Sirfetch'd
Ponyta (40) Rapidash
Mr. Mime (42) Mr. Rime
Corsola (38) Cursola
Zigzagoon (20) Linoone (35 at night) Obstagoon
Darumaka (use item) Darmanitan
Yamask (can't tell what it means) Runerigus

Meltan cannot evolve into Melmetal within this game, it still has to be done in GO

Seems that any Mime Jr. will evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime, much like how Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone evolved into their Alola Forms in Sun & Moon

Magearna is created.

Okay but... Type: Null. And Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Sirfetch'd is a held item evolution, but I'm not sure what that item is. I doubt it'll be the pre-existing Stick item as Galarian Farfetch'd has a 50% of holding one.

Not a totally comprehensive list of evolution levels:

Grookey (16) Thwackey (35) Rillaboom
Scorbunny (16) Raboot (35) Cinderace
Sobble (16) Drizzile (35) Inteleon
Skwovet (24) Greedent
Rookidee (18) Corvisquire (38) Corviknight
Blipbug (10) Dottler (30) Orbeetle
Nickit (18) Thievul
Gossifleur (20) Eldegoss
Wooloo (24) Dubwool
Chewtle (22) Drednaw
Yamper (25) Boltund
Rolycoly (18) Carkol (34) Coalossal
Applin (use item) Flapple or Appletun
Silicobra (36) Sandaconda
Arrokuda (26) Barraskewda
Toxel (30) Toxtricity (the data dump seems to indicate that the forms are branched evos, like Lycanroc)
Sizzlipede (28) Centiskorch
Clobbopus (level up while knowing a certain move) Grapploct
Sinistea (use item) Polteageist
Hatenna (32) Hattrem (42) Hatterene
Impidimp (32) Morgrem (42) Grimmsnarl
Milcery (some weird method lol) Alcremie
Snom (level up with high friendship at night) Frosmoth
Cufant (34) Copperajah
Dreepy (50 fuck) Drakloak (60) Dragapult
Meowth (28) Perrserker
Farfetch'd (can't tell what it means) Sirfetch'd
Ponyta (40) Rapidash
Mr. Mime (42) Mr. Rime
Corsola (38) Cursola
Zigzagoon (20) Linoone (35 at night) Obstagoon
Darumaka (use item) Darmanitan
Yamask (can't tell what it means) Runerigus

Meltan cannot evolve into Melmetal within this game, it still has to be done in GO

Seems that any Mime Jr. will evolve into Galarian Mr. Mime, much like how Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone evolved into their Alola Forms in Sun & Moon

Okay but... Type: Null. And Mewtwo.
Huh, Thievul comes earlier than I expected. Anyway, aside from several outliers such as the pseudo and hairy fairies, I'm glad to see that evolution levels/methods for the Galarian Pokemon are rather decent and not absurdly high akin to Unova.

And no Game Freak, I still will not play GO for Melmetal :confused:

Sadly though they did not change Rufflet's evolution level
I know, right?! When I saw how Aegislash has, apparently, been nerfed in BST, it made me think anything was possible. Well, that and learning that Glaceon and Leafeon have new evolution methods.
Yet still, Rufflet and Vullaby have absurd evolution levels-and their evolutions aren't even all that. It's a mundane thing, but still jarring.

I just don't really understand these specific choices

Bulbasaur and Squirtle could (and should) have been part of the Galar Dex anyway. Nobody forced them to set the number at 400 exactly. And besides those, like... Mew and Meltan, I get. Cross-promotion. Arguably the Musketeers are as well, since they just started rolling out in GO. Mewtwo is popular, so I get that too. But why Marshadow and Zeraora without Magearna? Why the Cosmog and Kyurem families at all when those are probably the most story-bound and context-heavy Legendaries, and Ultra Necrozma doesn't come along for the ride? The Alola Starters... okay I guess, they're still somewhat in vogue, but Celebi and Jirachi? What made them so important?

Their plan from now on seems to distribute starters and mythicals between games' releases via events so they don't become forgotten. It's the equivalent of making the Kanto starers and legendary birds available in XY in preparation for ORAS having everything else. Not everything has to make sense, it's just what they thought would fit their first year for these kinds of releases. And even then...

-Jirachi is usually distributed around Tanabata, and Celebi is popular and recognizable.
-Alola's mons were given priority either to promote transferring, or because its Pokemon are available in the fewest games. You could say the same about UBs, but it would be more comfortable if we caught them in an infinite spawning method in a third version or whatever. Also, Magearna was likely ignored because she was available via QR code for the whole of Gen VII whereas Marshadow and Zeraora only received limited events.

Last edited:
So Cinderace will see a heavily competitive use in this new Metagame. Given it possess so much coverage it's HA will certainly provide extensive sweeping potential. I guess it is not surprising given is the mascot of one of the anime's protagonists and it will provide so much marketing.

I'm so upset that they gave Frosmoth and Centiskorch such bad stats. It doesn't make any sense, either. If they were meant to replace Volcarona, they should at least be good.

Given how badly the cuts effected Bug's viability (pretty much all the useful ones except Golisopod, Araquanid and Galvantula are gone), someone at Game Freak really hates the Bug-type.

It surprises me there is no Trade evo this generation apparently.
Well consider me happy as not everyone has two games or someone to trade with; I thought the Rolycoly line would end up a trade evolution given past happenstance.

On a separate note, Hidden Power (!), Pursuit, and Return are massive losses. Return in particular was a horrible cut, as many Normal types are much weaker now; I hope moves like Strength have been buffed in consideration.

If you still need GO for Melmetal, were they kind enough to include the mystery box in these games too? Or is that still LGPE only?

Sword & Shield would need to be able to communicate directly with GO in order to do that, which is something that they've already confirmed they cannot do. There's not really a Mystery Box "included" in LGPE either, per se. It's an item that exists only in GO itself, but you only gain access to it upon sending a Pokémon from your phone and over into Let's Go via the GO Park in Fuchsia City.

Eurogamer: There are some features in Sword and Shield that seem to be inspired by Pokémon Go - the raids, the co-op element, carrying a smartphone with you - will there be any Pokémon Go integration like there was with Let's Go?

Ohmori: In Pokémon Sword and Shield there's no direct communication with Pokémon Go, but you'll have seen the announcement for Pokémon Home, where there are plans to be able to send Pokémon from Pokémon Go, and take them around with you, so that's something we do have.

Does anyone know yet what's up with the multiple menu sprites for Sinistea and Polteageist? I'm working on my living dex checklist and I collect one of each permanent form difference so I'd like to know if it's a unique form or just like, an in-battle change. I know it can't be gender differences because these two are genderless.

Back
Top Bottom