• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
@TRNatalie
So, Xerneas. I've read and heard a lot of interesting things about you and your lore, but one thing that I'd like to ask from you yourself personally is about your counterpart Yveltal. What's your relationship with him? Have you ever battled each other, like legends say? When did you last meet each other, and under what conditions?
Gasoline, eh? Wouldn’t have thought to prepare a mixed drink with that. Those Russians sure are crazy.
Actually, it wasn't invented by Russians. It was first used in the Spanish Civil War, and later received its name from Finns during the Winter War. The name comes from the Soviet Foreign Minister at the time, who claimed that the cluster bombs the Soviets were dropping to Finland were food aid for starving Finns. So Finns started mockingly calling them "Molotov Bread Baskets" and designed and named the Molotov Cocktail as a "drink to go with the bread". It proved to be a useful anti-tank weapon during the Winter War.

And there's your nice tidbit of history for today, folks! I hope you learned something new and interesting! :)

...so it’s an alcoholic beverage so potent that it can be used as an explosive.
Why do people drink those, again?
They didn't. They lit a match attached to the bottle's side before tossing it into a tank air vent, breaking the bottle and igniting the flammable liquid inside and... You can probably figure out the rest. It was developed because Finland's effective anti-tank weaponry at the time was outdated and/or scarce. So Finnish alcohol industries started mass producing Molotov Cocktails for soldiers to use against Soviet tanks.

here in the UK it has not snowed yet, but it is getting more cold as the week goes on

My dad sometimes used to and still sometimes does remote work from home.
I do not have that option. It would be great if I did, but the kind of work I do can’t be done from home...unless I want to give customers and distributors my personal cell phone number, which would mean that I would get calls at all hours of the day and night 7 days a week, which I will not tolerate.

It's not quite Christmas season yet.
But it's never too early to spread holiday cheer!
jumps in too
The concept of American "snow days" has always sounded kinda weird to me, because here in Finland, snow doesn't matter in regards if children should go to school or not.
It's because the roads could be slippery, teachers have to shovel snow, it's a huge mess, and kids just need a break from the 6-7 hours of school for 180 days.
Welcome to the Random Messages awards Forces every entity in this forum into a seat, including the apple. Today, we will hand out rewards. Best host award goes to me BTW. Now, lets start with best Monster, we have Cosmog in Magalor suit, Apple, Tootsie Roll Monster, Bread Loaf, or the Siren Heads, let's give it up for the winner Magnificent Entertainer
Aww, thanks for the non-nomination!
...so it’s an alcoholic beverage so potent that it can be used as an explosive.
Why do people drink those, again?
that will be fun to use
You can take all of my snow. I don’t want it, and I don’t have any need for it.
eats all the snow
mmm like an M&M
melts in your mouth

flies circles around Xerneas
* Frolicks in a pond and meadow until

Welcome to the Random Messages awards Forces every entity in this forum into a seat, including the apple. Today, we will hand out rewards. Best host award goes to me BTW. Now, lets start with best Monster, we have Cosmog in Magalor suit, Apple, Tootsie Roll Monster, Bread Loaf, or the Siren Heads, let's give it up for the winner Magnificent Entertainer
* Sits in seat, watching *

So, Xerneas. I've read and heard a lot of interesting things about you and your lore, but one thing that I'd like to ask from you yourself personally is about your counterpart Yveltal. What's your relationship with him? Have you ever battled each other, like legends say? When did you last meet each other, and under what conditions?
Hmmm... * Closes eyes, thinking of how to describe it * The best way I can think of how to describe him is complicated. I rarely ever see him in how he most likely appears in the legends you’ve heard. I mostly see him as a spirit, a spirit of a tiny chick version of him. Together, we go to those who’s reached the end of their time or are suffering and on the cusp and then... well he gives them the final kiss...!and eternal rest.

We’re able to get along okay when he’s in that form. We argue sometimes if what we’ve found is really ready for death or if I (or any Xerneas) can save them but then there’s when he breaks out of the cocoon...
He’s an entirely different Pokémon from the one I know. While his spirit form has a sense of mercy and knows when the time has come, the unhinged form is not. He is... he is destruction itself, rushing out of his cocoon and killing everything in it’s path. I’ve only fought him a few times once but it was at great cost of the land around us; scorched wood, water gone, ashes of grass and flowers, many dead. When our fight is over and Yveltal has returned to it’s cocoon, it is up to me to restore what has been lost... and when everything has revived or is on the path of renewal, that is when I go into my tree form.

I do not have that option. It would be great if I did, but the kind of work I do can’t be done from home...unless I want to give customers and distributors my personal cell phone number, which would mean that I would get calls at all hours of the day and night 7 days a week, which I will not tolerate.
My dad is a computer programmer. I guess that makes it easier for him to do remote work
It's because the roads could be slippery, teachers have to shovel snow, it's a huge mess, and kids just need a break from the 6-7 hours of school for 180 days.
I guess people here in Finland just are more used to dealing with winter.
Hmmm... * Closes eyes, thinking of how to describe it * The best way I can think of how to describe him is complicated. I rarely ever see him in how he most likely appears in the legends you’ve heard. I mostly see him as a spirit, a spirit of a tiny chick version of him. Together, we go to those who’s reached the end of their time or are suffering and on the cusp and then... well he gives them the final kiss...!and eternal rest.

We’re able to get along okay when he’s in that form. We argue sometimes if what we’ve found is really ready for death or if I (or any Xerneas) can save them but then there’s when he breaks out of the cocoon...
He’s an entirely different Pokémon from the one I know. While his spirit form has a sense of mercy and knows when the time has come, the unhinged form is not. He is... he is destruction itself, rushing out of his cocoon and killing everything in it’s path. I’ve only fought him a few times once but it was at great cost of the land around us; scorched wood, water gone, ashes of grass and flowers, many dead. When our fight is over and Yveltal has returned to it’s cocoon, it is up to me to restore what has been lost... and when everything has revived or is on the path of renewal, that is when I go into my tree form.
Vaporeon listens to the story with great interest and genuine curiosity and fascination.

Such fascinating story... Have all of your instances of turning into your tree form been the result of such restoration? What affects how long you stay as a tree?

Back
Top Bottom