• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some moveset changes (Amped learns shift gear while low key gets Magnetic Flux for example) but that's it. The nature evolution would have been bad but the mints saved it for me.

Except it's been mentioned mints don't literally change the nature, only giving you the benefit of said nature in terms of stats.

I am so sorry but i think this attitude harms the franchise more than anything. Ignoring the facts and acting like everything is perfect just because you love something is more poisonous than you could ever think. We should accept the mistakes and flaws GF has and support them but we need to warn GF so they can see what did they do wrong and they can try to fix that. We can't get anything form this over-positivity, we should be realistic about the things. And again like a said before i just want from GF get themselves together because they need it.
Actually, I think the kind of attitude demonstrated here is what is harming the community most. Any kind of positive opinion gets this knee-jerk reaction of "that's too positive", "stop ignoring the flaws" which really just steamrolls over any negativity in that positive opinion (did you really not notice all the flaws that Joe points out in that quote?) and just ends in fights being caused.

I mean, we simply don't know right now whether or not Toxtricity's form falls under the purview of mints. It could, or it could not. I don't think it would be impossible for them to set it up so that it does. At any rate, we will probably find out in three days or less.

I mean, we simply don't know right now whether or not Toxtricity's form falls under the purview of mints. It could, or it could not. I don't think it would be impossible for them to set it up so that it does. At any rate, we will probably find out in three days or less.
It seemingly does, though, seeing how the form is static (no pun intended).

When you wake up thinking it’s wednesday.
Can anyone find the shiny zacian? I wanna see it, and none of the links are working :( I could not find it either, but I am twitter handicapped

I think a future battle simulator oriented game would be a terrible idea (actually not so much if Gamefreak aren't making it lol).

But honestly, Stadiums 1, 2 and Battle Revolution were (imo) just a way to take your Pokemon to the big screen back then and watch them battle in all their glory...

Now, it's 2019 and we're in a time where we have a hybrid console with way more power than it's previous (home or handheld) and yet... a lot of the animations in battle are more boring and "I'm just gonna stand here" than even the Stadium games. Yes, you could say they had more room to focus on animations back then because it was simply a simulator, but what do you say for Colloseum and XD then? They had a story/adventure mode and on the side; you could transfer Pokemon in from GBA games and play with them "on the big screen".

I'll always love Pokemon and everything about it, but you get to a point where you just go "huh..?" at some of their choices for SwSh.

I will always remember this prerelease season as the one where I wanted the game to be delayed, to satisfy the bigger picture and general overall fanbase.

Imo, the yearly releases since XY (ok 2015 was a gap year but still), has hurt the franchise and not allowed it to reach it's full potential, and clearly to any ONE of it's fans standards. It is ALWAYS 2 steps forward and 5 steps back with GF.

It seems Toxtricity’s forms are based on its nature.

Amped: Hardy, Brave, Adamant, Naughty, Docile, Impish, Lax, Hasty, Jolly, Naive, Rash, Sassy, Quirky.
Low Key: Lonely, Bold, Relaxed, Timid, Serious, Modest, Mild, Quiet, Bashful, Calm, Gentle, Careful.
So do we know if the nature changing candies have an effect here?

I think a future battle simulator oriented game would be a terrible idea (actually not so much if Gamefreak aren't making it lol).

But honestly, Stadiums 1, 2 and Battle Revolution were (imo) just a way to take your Pokemon to the big screen back then and watch them battle in all their glory...

Now, it's 2019 and we're in a time where we have a hybrid console with way more power than it's previous (home or handheld) and yet... a lot of the animations in battle are more boring and "I'm just gonna stand here" than even the Stadium games. Yes, you could say they had more room to focus on animations back then because it was simply a simulator, but what do you say for Colloseum and XD then? They had a story/adventure mode and on the side; you could transfer Pokemon in from GBA games and play with them "on the big screen".

I'll always love Pokemon and everything about it, but you get to a point where you just go "huh..?" at some of their choices for SwSh.

I will always remember this prerelease season as the one where I wanted the game to be delayed, to satisfy the bigger picture and general overall fanbase.

Imo, the yearly releases since XY (ok 2015 was a gap year but still), has hurt the franchise and not allowed it to reach it's full potential, and clearly to any ONE of it's fans standards. It is ALWAYS 2 steps forward and 5 steps back with GF.

Frankly, that's what hurts the most about SwSh.

After six years of waiting for the next HGSS or BW2, they've served as proof to me that I'll never get them, and that nothing will ever change.

Every game will have steps back, the fandom will only continue to get more toxic, and...I'm just tired of it all, really. The fighting, the anger, and the disappointment.

I've been a Pokemon fan for so long, but I have a feeling that I'm going to lay that to rest soon, whether that's within a few months or within a few years. Only trouble is...what the hell am I gonna do with my life after that?

The point is vzry simple: by removing features and things fans like, it makes fans less excited or just sad because like the GTS, a thing that is in the games since DP if I remember it correctly, is removed after 10 years. I get it that you want to stay fresh, but removing things that made your franchise iconic isnt a good idea. That is why removing Pokémon, while the reason is understandable, still is a bad idea. I am a fan, but I am year after years less excited about the games, they start to bore me and don't make me feel hyped anymore. I honestly disnt felt a thing for dynamaxing and I still don't.

At this point I kind of wonder if this is why the anime isn't set in just Galar like all the previous series were. By setting in the entire known poke-world, that gives enough birth to delay the next mainline game much like Orange Islands did with extending Kanto while Pokemon 2 became Gold and Silver.

Maybe the idea for the anime came about early in development when they realized that after 3 years of releases in a row, they couldn't foreseeably keep that up while also developing a new game.

Pokemon is a big multimedia cash cow. Nintendo can't exactly do the same thing they did with Animal Crossing: New Horizons without throwing everything out of wack. That much is true. But what they can do is, if caught early, okay changes to the media that relies on the games. Like if SwSh was in development since SM...That's more than enough time to let them know "Hey, we probably need a small break after this." or something which would give the anime writers time to brain storm how to get around going straight to Galar.

The point is vzry simple: by removing features and things fans like, it makes fans less excited or just sad because like the GTS, a thing that is in the games since DP if I remember it correctly, is removed after 10 years. I get it that you want to stay fresh, but removing things that made your franchise iconic isnt a good idea. That is why removing Pokémon, while the reason is understandable, still is a bad idea. I am a fan, but I am year after years less excited about the games, they start to bore me and don't make me feel hyped anymore. I honestly disnt felt a thing for dynamaxing and I still don't.

The GTS probably wasn't removed to keep things "fresh" so much as to nudge people into using Home for trading.

So do we know if the nature changing candies have an effect here?
I don’t know, and I hope not. Given that the nature would remain in place, and the division between amped and lowkey form is based on the outgoing on one hand, and more reserved personalities on the other, it doesn’t make much sense that it’d.

Frankly, that's what hurts the most about SwSh.

After six years of waiting for the next HGSS or BW2, they've served as proof to me that I'll never get them, and that nothing will ever change.

Every game will have steps back, the fandom will only continue to get more toxic, and...I'm just tired of it all, really. The fighting, the anger, and the disappointment.

I've been a Pokemon fan for so long, but I have a feeling that I'm going to lay that to rest soon, whether that's within a few months or within a few years. Only trouble is...what the hell am I gonna do with my life after that?
Maybe I'm being a little over-optimistic but I wouldn't say never? I think GameFreak does take in feedback and make some adjustments in our favor- but they're like a parent who doesn't really understand their kids, and they make wrong choices and overcompensate like crazy. And their lack of experience also shows, but they're catching up bit by bit, so maybe you won't get that great game for years and years but remember also that they're in the process of handing the games down to younger staff members, people with fresh ideas and a better understanding of what people your age are after. And the team overall is learning to do better. It's gonna be a continual process and we're gonna see things reworked bit by bit.

It's not there yet but Gen 9 will be better and Gen 10 will be better than that. It might take awhile but it could get there eventually, so... don't write the franchise off completely just yet? Maybe find a new favorite in the meantime but just keep tabs on it, check in on its progress and see if it ever gets to where you need it to be. Being a casual fan is a thing, it doesn't have to be your whole life- it can just be part of it. =)

At this point I kind of wonder if this is why the anime isn't set in just Galar like all the previous series were. By setting in the entire known poke-world, that gives enough birth to delay the next mainline game much like Orange Islands did with expanding Kanto while Pokemon 2 became Gold and Silver.

Maybe the idea for the anime came about early in development when they realized that after 3 years of releases in a row, they couldn't foreseeably keep that up while also developing a new game.

Pokemon is a big multimedia cash cow. Nintendo can't exactly do the same thing they did with Animal Crossing: New Horizons without throwing everything out of wack. That much is true. But what they can do is, if caught early, is okay changes to the media that relies on the games. Like if SwSh was in development since SM...That's more than enough time to let them know "They, we probably need a small break after this." or something which would give the anime writers time to brain storm how to get around going straight to Galar.
Eeeeh I think it's more likely that the anime's direction was due to Game Freak being unwilling to share designs with them. Either because they were just that on guard about leaks to maintain the secrecy of this news cycle or probably due to how the animation sheets for the final evos were leaked last time. Regardless of who leaked them, those were definitely animation reference sheets, so they may have been under greater lock and key this time around.

Maybe I'm being a little over-optimistic but I wouldn't say never? I think GameFreak does take in feedback and make some adjustments in our favor- but they're like a parent who doesn't really understand their kids, and they make wrong choices and overcompensate like crazy. And their lack of experience also shows, but they're catching up bit by bit, so maybe you won't get that great game for years and years but remember also that they're in the process of handing the games down to younger staff members, people with fresh ideas and a better understanding of what people your age are after. And the team overall is learning to do better. It's gonna be a continual process and we're gonna see things reworked bit by bit.

I hope so. Maybe you’re right; perhaps in order to preserve my love of Pokémon, I need to put it on less of a pedestal compared to other franchises. I have been itching to finally play Kirby Star Allies...

Just my two cents, but given the technical problems and glitches in the games, I’d say it’s quite likely GF had development problems with the games. Whether it’s the passing towards HD/Switch, or the project being originally on 3DS, or something else, we don’t know.

And true, some decision might be indipedant from those problems, but give the latter, it is possible they’d fare better with the possible remakes or Gen 9.

I do think that they need to get off some of their outdated ideas on difficulty levels and similar things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom