• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Yeah, but they have said nothing about Global Trading being removed. There are no official statements on it.

And, they really can't fix that. I mean, they can't be banned, but it would also be bad if you couldn't trade traded mons.
They could've just put a timer on how long a trade would be up. This would've been such an easy fix.

As @Oriden said, the problem isn't the NOS, because we knew about that. It's that to access a GTS-like function you'd have to pan additional fee. It's about the number of subscriptions you'd have to pay, not the fee itself.
If Home would be free (doubtful), I think the reaction will be better then the one we're getting now.
I'd feel the best decision is to tie home with your NOS. That way it's not exactly free yet you wouldn't have another subscription to keep tabs over

Yeah, but they have said nothing about Global Trading being removed. There are no official statements on it.
But we know that it has been removed from SwSh from leaks.
And, they really can't fix that. I mean, they can't be banned, but it would also be bad if you couldn't trade traded mons.
No, they most definitely can fix it. We've had checks for impossible/prohibited Pokemon in the past, like how Bank checked for hacked Pokemon, or how certain nicknames are forbidden. It would be very easy to just put in a few simple checks.
If Pokemon.species=Palkia && Pokemon.lvl<47
Display text: You can't ask for that Pokemon!
Return to selection
End

Boom. Easy code that checks for an impossible Palkia, since you can never find a Palkia below level 47.

No, they most definitely can fix it. We've had checks for impossible/prohibited Pokemon in the past, like how Bank checked for hacked Pokemon, or how certain nicknames are forbidden. It would be very easy to just put in a few simple checks.
Return to selection
End

Boom. Easy code that checks for an impossible Palkia, since you can never find a Palkia below level 47.

Agree in theory, but that's a bad example as you could get a level 1 Palkia in HG/SS if you traded in an Arceus.

Return to selection
End

But there's still the fact that people demand a legend at all for trade which is still pretty bad

Agree in theory, but that's a bad example as you could get a level 1 Palkia in HG/SS if you traded in an Arceus.
Ohhh, dangit, I always forget about that event!
But there's still the fact that people demand a legend at all for trade which is still pretty bad
It's not really that bad? Plenty of people trade for version exclusives all the time, and some people just don't care about legendaries. Plus, people could have duplicates of legendaries, even cover ones, if they played multiple generations.

But, okay, let's go ahead and fix this with an extra option where the player can toggle "No legendaries".

If switch.100=true
if askingfor.species=Dialga ||
if askingfor.species=Palkia ||
(and so on...)
and exclude them from the result.

Still don't need to remove the GTS.

I'm getting flashbacks at all the Poipoles I was able to get via the GTS to then trade for other rare 'mon back when USM first came out. It was crazy. Of course, most could have been hacked or cloned, but at the same time, I also wouldn't be surprised if there were that many people who did not care about the little imp and were fine with trading them away for Apriball breedjects.

Have Shinies for the Hattena line been discovered?

little tip for shinies:

google images

search a gen 8 pokémon's name

use tools > time > past 24 hours (or past week if you're reading this post tomorrow)

that should get you what you're looking for since the tweet thread was nintendo'd

Last edited:
little tip for shinies:

google images

search a gen 8 pokémon's name

use tools > time > past 24 hours (or past week if you're reading this post tomorrow)

that should get you what you're looking for since the tweet thread was nintendo'd

but here's an image with most of them

Shiny Galarian Corsola might be my new favourite model but it will haunt me at night for the foreseeable future.

Hmmm hope new bug/fire learns Clanging Scales. Weird they should have created Scorching Scales fire sound move...would fit here.

Hmmm hope new bug/fire learns Clanging Scales. Weird they should have created Scorching Scales fire sound move...would fit here.

It doesn't, sadly. Here's its info if you're curious.

851 - Centiskorch (Stage: 2)
======
Galar Dex: #160
Base Stats: 100.115.65.90.90.65 (BST: 525)
EV Yield: 0.2.0.0.0.0
Abilities: Flash Fire (1) | White Smoke (2) | Flame Body (H)
Type: Fire / Bug
Items: None
EXP Group: MediumFast
Egg Group: Bug
Hatch Cycles: 20
Height: 03.00 m, Weight: 120.0 kg, Color: Red
Level Up Moves:
  • - [01] Inferno
  • - [01] Ember
  • - [01] Smokescreen
  • - [01] Wrap
  • - [01] Bite
  • - [15] Flame Wheel
  • - [20] Bug Bite
  • - [25] Coil
  • - [32] Slam
  • - [39] Fire Spin
  • - [46] Crunch
  • - [53] Fire Lash
  • - [60] Lunge
  • - [67] Burn Up
TMs:
  • - [TM08] Hyper Beam
  • - [TM09] Giga Impact
  • - [TM11] Solar Beam
  • - [TM13] Fire Spin
  • - [TM21] Rest
  • - [TM24] Snore
  • - [TM25] Protect
  • - [TM31] Attract
  • - [TM34] Sunny Day
  • - [TM38] Will-O-Wisp
  • - [TM39] Facade
  • - [TM66] Thunder Fang
  • - [TM68] Fire Fang
  • - [TM74] Venoshock
  • - [TM76] Round
  • - [TM92] Mystical Fire
  • - [TM97] Brutal Swing
TRs:
  • - [TR02] Flamethrower
  • - [TR15] Fire Blast
  • - [TR18] Leech Life
  • - [TR20] Substitute
  • - [TR26] Endure
  • - [TR27] Sleep Talk
  • - [TR32] Crunch
  • - [TR36] Heat Wave
  • - [TR43] Overheat
  • - [TR55] Flare Blitz
  • - [TR60] X-Scissor
  • - [TR61] Bug Buzz
  • - [TR72] Power Whip
  • - [TR84] Scald
  • - [TR88] Heat Crash

Other than Koffing getting Neutralizing Gas, do we know if any old Pokémon have added or changed abilities? I know they filled in a few empty second slots in Sun & Moon.

- The pattern that has appeared on its giant coin is thought to be the key to unlocking the secrets of the Dynamax phenomenon.
Wait, don't we already understand it pretty well?
- It can send electric beams streaking out from the hole in its belly. The beams’ tremendous energy can vaporize an opponent in one shot.
- It sprays toxic gas from its mouth and fingers. If the gas engulfs you, the toxins will seep in all the way down to your bones.
Yeesh.

What are some of the drawbacks of not having a GTS, by the way?

Interesting that Gigantamax Melmetal is said to have appeared in a distant region, away from Galar. I'm sure that will lead to nothing whatsoever.

Wait, don't we already understand it pretty well?

We do, but whoever wrote that entry was probably working on old info/rumors

I like the bit about Kingler's bubbles melting bodies :)

Back
Top Bottom