• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious since they changed the evolutions for some pokemon anyone know if they also removed the incense mechanism for breeding?

New Interview was Posted today.
We discuss the creation of the new Pokémon RPG adventure with the games’ director and producer.
some of the things said kinda baffled me. such as
Pokemon.com: From what we've seen of the Wild Area, a free-moving camera works really well in a Pokémon RPG. Would you ever want to create a fully open-world Pokémon game?

Mr. Ohmori: We always want to come up with new surprises for our players with each new Pokémon game. This is our first time introducing free camera movement in the series, so we're excited to see how our players will respond to it once they get their hands on the games. We'll think about what we want to do in the future based on those reactions.

Pokemon.com: How do you find the right balance between maintaining the identity of what it means to be a core Pokémon RPG and introducing new features? Do you ever come up with new features or mechanics that you decide to not include because they don't fit the feel of a Pokémon RPG?

Junichi Masuda: Pokémon are mysterious creatures—they are our friends, and they are thought to have power that surpasses humans. We make our decisions about the games with those elements in mind. For example, one important decision might be whether or not we should make a certain aspect more convenient in terms of gameplay or prioritize making a Pokémon feel more like a living creature. Another important core aspect of the Pokémon games is that while you may first encounter a Pokémon as an enemy in battle, that same Pokémon can become your ally if it joins your team.

Ohmori:
One thing we didn't originally intend to implement in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield was having Pokémon roaming around in the field. After Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! were released and we saw how popular the feature was, we worked hard to bring it over to Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for a lot of the Pokémon and adjusted the balance of the games to make it work.

I'm curious since they changed the evolutions for some pokemon anyone know if they also removed the incense mechanism for breeding?
Well... I don't think there's any way to tell by looking at the datamine info. The items are still there, but so is the Magmarizer so you know the item list has just been copy-pasted without changes for the umpteenth time. I don't know if anyone's seen anyone do any breeding of incense pokemon in a stream, though.

Well... I don't think there's any way to tell by looking at the datamine info. The items are still there, but so is the Magmarizer so you know the item list has just been copy-pasted without changes for the umpteenth time. I don't know if anyone's seen anyone do any breeding of incense pokemon in a stream, though.
I hope they removes it if they are going to change evolution methods they can get rid of incense because I always found the idea stupid

I'mma just quote Esserise for the link here-

Thanks!

With every day that passes, Zacian gets better and better. Looks better, is faster, and its shiny really stands out more with the moon theme. Literally is whiteish blue, like the moon! Older sister for the win.

I hope they removes it if they are going to change evolution methods they can get rid of incense because I always found the idea stupid
That's just to justify why there were not baby pokemon in previous generations. It's like using mints to change stats but not the actual pokemon nature, because it would be a sacrilege. GF is too attached to these minor things...

New Interview was Posted today.
We discuss the creation of the new Pokémon RPG adventure with the games’ director and producer.
some of the things said kinda baffled me. such as
So overworld encounters were a last minute thing based on feedback. XD That's actually kinda nice to know.

Kinda feel the same, but what bothers me most about incense is how it applies only to certain Baby pokemon based on when they were introduced. We don't need the dumb retcon cover-up- either give them all incense or take incense away entirely.

Maybe
That's just to justify why there were not baby pokemon in previous generations. It's like using mints to change stats but not the actual pokemon nature, because it would be a sacrilege. GF is too attached to these minor things...
Maybe but with baby pokemon being able to be caught in the wild (and a large amount of them being gone) they can easily justify removing the incense for breeding

Glaceon and Leafeon were kind of the same, though, and they finally gave up and made them stone evos, so I can certainly see the hope that incense will disappear now too if we're done trying to cover up decade old retcons.

Glaceon and Leafeon were kind of the same, though, and they finally gave up and made them stone evos, so I can certainly see the hope that incense will disappear now too if we're done trying to cover decade old retcons.
I mean incences have other effects just remove the need for them in breeding also are Espeon and Umbreon still friendship based? Because we do have Sun ang Moon Stones

Stonejourner? Whats up with him? I think I need to wait longer for a ghost Curse without self damage inducing ability?

Stonejourner? Whats up with him? I think I need to wait longer for a ghost Curse without self damage inducing ability?
That's... probably never going to happen. The self damage aspect is there for balance reasons so they're not going to give you anything to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom