• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If overworld models were late in development, then that makes me wonder what the plans for the Wild Area were initially; was it structured completely differently? Was it going to be barren save for wild grass spots? Was it an almost last minute addition like Trials were?

If overworld models were late in development, then that makes me wonder what the plans for the Wild Area were initially; was it structured completely differently? Was it going to be barren save for wild grass spots? Was it an almost last minute addition like Trials were?
to me it reads as generic PR smoke; otherwise it really does make no sense (just like what they had to say about Trials too).

Ohmori said:
One thing we didn't originally intend to implement in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield was having Pokémon roaming around in the field. After Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! were released and we saw how popular the feature was, we worked hard to bring it over to Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for a lot of the Pokémon and adjusted the balance of the games to make it work.

I knew Let's Go was a mistake. :(

The random encounters and overworld encounters are actually quite different on the routes and most new Pokémon seem to be a lot more likely to be encountered in the overworld. That'll make my Nuzlocke run very fun, thx. Not like I wanted a good chance at encountering new Pokémon while ignoring annoying overworld spawns or anything. :rolleyes:
I kinda hope the Wild Area sorta flops so Pokémon mainline games don't turn open world, because I'm really not up for that. If anything, a spin-off like that would be cool.
Not like my opinion has any value overall, though.

Chad LGPE is responsible for giving SwoShi one of its best aspects, color me surprised :sneaky:

Personally, I'm not crazy about the rotating features... I don't mind these power move mechanics that they keep introducing but I'd rather that they stick with them, make them part of the series as a whole and not just a blip on the timeline. I don't like getting these things and knowing that they'll be gone in three years. I'd much rather see it where they can be used together, even if maybe they couldn't all be used at the same time- like we have Dynamax now that can only be used in certain places, right? What if we could use Megas and Z-moves everywhere else?

I don't want to see this franchise run down along this road of big new features that disappear every gen. We can't get attached to anything, we can't look forward to seeing what pokemon will get a new Mega or G-Max (or special Z-move but I don't think anyone was hyping for those anyway). It's just gonna be gone and the question is going to be "Okay, what inflated power mechanic are they going to introduce this time?"

I think Dynamax would be more interesting if we weren't all stuck looking at it like something that was going to go away in a few years. Even if it didn't turn you off right away, no one is looking to get attached to this feature because we all know we're gonna lose it.

Wanting to see how they interact together I get, even though it also sounds really cluttered to me. "Eat my Z-Move, Tyranitar! Ha!" "No way! Fine, then I'll Dynamax my Primal Kyogre and hit your Golem with my Max Move!" "Nuh-uh, 'cause I've got Primal Groudon, with Desolate Land!" "Not once I send out my Mega Rayquaza!"

But aside from that, I guess I just don't really see the benefit of "getting attached" to something like a video game feature in the first place as opposed to just enjoying it while its around. I don't really care about being able to see "Which new Pokémon this gen will get a Mega or a Gigantamax." I'm getting to do that right now while Gigantamax is a fresh thing and it's been fine. Fun. Nutboi getting one made my day. But in 2021 or 2022, I'll have other things to get excited about, like new Pokémon altogether, or seeing how the new mechanic of that gen works. I don't really see a need Mega Evolution or Gigantamax to necessarily contribute to that. Treating something like you've already lost it when you haven't even touched it once yet just strikes me as bizarrely fatalistic. I don't really make enough money to travel abroad, but if someone offered me an all-expense-paid trip to Germany or Taiwan or something for a month, I'd be focusing more on living it up and taking it all in rather than smothering my enjoyment of it by fixating on the trip's impermanence.

With every day that passes, Zacian gets better and better. Looks better, is faster, and its shiny really stands out more with the moon theme. Literally is whiteish blue, like the moon! Older sister for the win.

Funny, I seem to find myself swinging more toward Zamazenta lately. I mean I'm already committed to getting Sword, but...

Wanting to see how they interact together I get, even though it also sounds really cluttered to me. "Eat my Z-Move, Tyranitar! Ha!" "No way! Fine, then I'll Dynamax my Primal Kyogre and hit your Golem with my Max Move!" "Nuh-uh, 'cause I've got Primal Groudon, with Desolate Land!" "Not once I send out my Mega Rayquaza!"
Is it all that different from "Eat my Hyper Beam, Tyranitar!" "Ha! It's not very effective on my Rock-type! Plus I'm holding a Red Card, so now you're switched out!" "But you sent out my Abomasnow with Snow Warning, now my Alolan Ninetails can set up Aurora Veil!"?

I personally love the overworld idea, but even I have to admit LGPE was a bit overkill, so I am incredibly excited for the idea with regular encounters as well. I also absolutely love this gen’s graphics because to me I see a huge improvement. The water just astounds me for pokemon. I am curious though, does the decision to add pokemon to the overworld later in the game contribute to the fact that maybe some of the animation graphics suffer? Cause I can see that. If they switched their focus from one to the other mid-way (or later) through certain aspects would suffer.

Is it all that different from "Eat my Hyper Beam, Tyranitar!" "Ha! It's not very effective on my Rock-type! Plus I'm holding a Red Card, so now you're switched out!" "But you sent out my Abomasnow with Snow Warning, now my Alolan Ninetails can set up Aurora Veil!"?

It's just a lot more to keep up with if you throw it all in a blender. You already have all of those core mechanics you're referring to, and then you have each of those generational mechanics on top of that, which all function differently and have different limitations.

I understand the appeal of a total free-for-all; I certainly wouldn't protest them from making it an option if they wanted to because I'm sure a lot of people would have fun with it. But to me personally it just makes more sense to focus on a single additional dimension and developing that more concentratedly instead of trying to balance it against everything else.

I am curious though, does the decision to add pokemon to the overworld later in the game contribute to the fact that maybe some of the animation graphics suffer? Cause I can see that. If they switched their focus from one to the other mid-way (or later) through certain aspects would suffer.
Nah, because we know that walking/running animations have been standard part of the models since Sun and Moon so they were already part of development well before the overworld encounters were even considered for SwSh. Implementing them into the overworld should have been easy enough from an animation standpoint because the assets were already on the to-do list. The other animations, such as for cutscenes, wouldn't have suffered for that reason because it was something that already should have been done.

I want to work with GF and suggest changes lol
Honestly, they should have more methods of obtaining feedback and actually implementing some of it; and no, MOAR KAN-TO is not the solution. Heck, the recent generation of children haven't even grown up with the traditional Kanto game like most of the users on here have. They keep taking out features and making poor decisions based off misinformed assumptions and it's frustrating. I've seen other companies honestly take fan-feedback, to both involved party's delights. For example, KHIII had a lot of flack regarding a lack of Critical Mode gameplay, something that had been a staple in previous games. What did Square Enix do? Listen and patched it in a later update.

I think it's the fact that Game Freak, or whomever, chooses to be inflexible in their business decisions about beloved features (and stupid things to enrage fans like tease the Battle Frontier in ORAS) that draws so much ire. Lately, it's been "whatever we say goes and that's it; wait till next Generation, maybe."

It's just a lot more to keep up with if you throw it all in a blender. You already have all of those core mechanics you're referring to, and then you have each of those generational mechanics on top of that, which all function differently and have different limitations.

I understand the appeal of a total free-for-all; I certainly wouldn't protest them from making it an option if they wanted to because I'm sure a lot of people would have fun with it. But to me personally it just makes more sense to focus on a single additional dimension and developing it more concentratedly instead of trying to balance it against everything else.
Well, what I think, with our current examples, is that... we know that Mega Evolution and Z-moves can play nicely together. We've already seen them usable in the same game. If throwing Dynamax on top of that is a problem, then Dynamax already kind of has a solution to this- it only works in certain places. Maybe code it so you can't use Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in the areas where you can Dynamax and vice versa. The mechanics wouldn't have to worry about working on the same field because they never share a field to begin with.

Or make balancing easier by just limiting which you can use- you already Mega Evolved? You don't get to Dynamax, then. You Dynamax'd? No Mega for you. Etc. As fun and crazy as being able to use all three in a fight would be.

Could lock the older mechanics to competitive post-game so you don't destroy the story leading up to that point. That's when people are most likely to be OP enough that it doesn't matter anyway.

I can't find who was talking about the rumor, but the Game Stop midnight releases are still going on and were not canceled.

Source: I got a phone call about the 9pm release. Which is the midnight release on the west coast.

It's possible that the redditor that started the rumor was on the west coast as well and didn't get the three year old memo that they release at the same time now instead of 3 hours apart.

Have we heard anything else about how to get Gigantamax Pokémon, aside from Raid battles? If I remember correctly, a leaker managed to get Gmax Grimmsnarl but didn’t know how. Have we figured it out yet?

Have we heard anything else about how to get Gigantamax Pokémon, aside from Raid battles? If I remember correctly, a leaker managed to get Gmax Grimmsnarl but didn’t know how. Have we figured it out yet?
Aside from the Charmander, I thought the only way to get G-Max Pokemon was through Raid Battles? (Aside from Wi-Fi events should those happen)

Aside from the Charmander, I thought the only way to get G-Max Pokemon was through Raid Battles? (Aside from Wi-Fi events should those happen)

I sure hope not, as none of the leakers so far have encountered a Gmax raid yet after hours and hours of combined playtime

The random encounters and overworld encounters are actually quite different on the routes and most new Pokémon seem to be a lot more likely to be encountered in the overworld. That'll make my Nuzlocke run very fun, thx. Not like I wanted a good chance at encountering new Pokémon while ignoring annoying overworld spawns or anything. :rolleyes:

I know it's not the same, but during a nuzlocke it might be worth it to just run into the grass, and if you don't encounter any Pokemon on the run-in, wait for an overworld Pokemon to run into you. I haven't seen enough gameplay to really see the overworld Pokemon around for a long time, but I do remember back in Let's Go I could stand still for just like, 10-15 seconds and something would run into me at some point. It'll give you a decent chance at encountering something new (especially in the earlier routes), and while it might not be a surprise at the initial encounter, it's also not something you choose. You just wait for the Pokemon to come to you, or you get one of the grass encounters.

That's just a suggestion though, it's what I was thinking of doing if I were to do a Nuzlocke.

If I remember correctly, G-Max Charizard supposedly is programmed in as a possible G-Max raid, so in the future it should be a possible G-Max spawn.
I sure hope not, as none of the leakers so far have encountered a Gmax raid yet after hours and hours of combined playtime
I could see that G-Max Pokémon can only spawn starting on the 15th. I mean, it's not officially released yet, so maybe?

I know it's not the same, but during a nuzlocke it might be worth it to just run into the grass, and if you don't encounter any Pokemon on the run-in, wait for an overworld Pokemon to run into you. I haven't seen enough gameplay to really see the overworld Pokemon around for a long time, but I do remember back in Let's Go I could stand still for just like, 10-15 seconds and something would run into me at some point. It'll give you a decent chance at encountering something new (especially in the earlier routes), and while it might not be a surprise at the initial encounter, it's also not something you choose. You just wait for the Pokemon to come to you, or you get one of the grass encounters.

That's just a suggestion though, it's what I was thinking of doing if I were to do a Nuzlocke.
It's something I considered actually, but I also am watching the streams and it looks like Pokémon don't really tend to run into you but stop near you and if it's really like that, this approach wouldn't really work.
Another possibility would be the first spawn I see plopping up, or something like that but none of those feel really satisfying imo...
If only random encounters and overworld encounters got the very same roster, that'd be no issue, but nope, gotta "lock" the new Pokémon into the Let's Go mechanic of overworld encounters. :rolleyes:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/dvimmr/leak_confirmed_models_are_reused/

I'm not surprised at all about this, but I recall some oddly vague translated interview months ago about the models being """"""remade"""""" by Game Freak.

...Ooof. :/

Who the heck even translated them as being remade? I want to kick them in the balls.

Scratch that. I want to kick them, the people in charge of marketing these games, the executives who forced this game to be released this year, AND the fandom in the balls (along with a bunch of other people, I'm sure).

These games had all the potential in the world...and yet, no matter what positives they might bring to the table, it was all for naught. They'll go down in infamy.

And honestly? Perhaps that's just what the good people over at TPC deserve.

Who the heck even translated them as being remade? I want to kick them in the balls.

Scratch that. I want to kick them, the people in charge of marketing these games, the executives who forced this game to be released this year, AND the fandom in the balls (along with a bunch of other people, I'm sure).

These games had all the potential in the world...and yet, no matter what positives they might bring to the table, it was all for naught. They'll go down in infamy.

And honestly? Perhaps that's just what the good people over at TPC deserve.

Please, stay clam, and play a relaxing game for a while. ;_;

I think the worst part was the media took the translation by word, as proven by many articles:

...And I can't believe it - These are real popular sites, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom