• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First reviews are in

80/100 right now on metacritic...13 reviews so far. 9 positive, 4 mixed

Does anyone know in the wild area would you see people who are playing as well

Does anyone know in the wild area would you see people who are playing as well
Yes, the main complains from the reviews about the wild area is that tecnically is not that fantastic and that the only things you can do are catching pokemon and doing max raid battles.

Yes, the main complains from the reviews about the wild area is that tecnically is not that fantastic and that the only things you can do are catching pokemon and doing max raid battles.
You can also make curry with other people

I’m surprised that no one’s brought up the whole “locking the sound toggle to a key item” oddity until just now.
Honestly if you bring a game in 2 years instead of one is good because you have time to proper fix the game, the anime doesn't have to adapt to the games

Honestly if you bring a game in 2 years instead of one is good because you have time to proper fix the game, the anime doesn't have to adapt to the games
They could do a filler arc. The Orange League filled in the time between Ash finishing up in Kanto and starting his journey in Johto with Gen 2's release, and then he went back to Kanto during the time between Gen 3's end and Gen 4's release. I'd loved to see Ash go back to Kanto to do a victory lap after his Alola Leauge win. Hell, he could have still done his cross-regional tour as a filler arch while people waited for SwSh to release. That way Galar could have gotten its time to shine in full for the anime.

I’m surprised that no one’s brought up the whole “locking the sound toggle to a key item” oddity until just now.
I'm not even sure why people genuinely consider this an issue to begin with?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only LGPE and SwSh have had these kinda sound settings anyway in the mainline games, right?

So having an extra item like that (it's not really a necessary settings thing either) given by an NPC in the kind of genre where you are literally supposed to talk to every NPC seems just right to me?

I mean I agree SwSh has a good portion of flaws, objectively as well as subjectively.
But I feel like with those lists people are just being extra petty with some things.

Next game gets extra criticism that Pokeballs aren't endless because what if you encounter a shiny and can't catch it because you have no Pokeballs left??!!! (Like, with the level limit on catching)

So having an extra item like that (it's not really a necessary settings thing either) given by an NPC in the kind of genre where you are literally supposed to talk to every NPC seems just right to me?
They clearly don’t expect us to do that, as evidenced by the handholding complaints though. And they usually make extreme decisions so children don’t face difficulties, but this is exactly the sort of thing people might actually miss.

I mean, is there a reason why it couldn’t be added into the settings (didn’t LGPE have this in settings? Or it was another key item?) or if they’re so intent on a key item, have it be given to the player by the player's mother at the beginning of the journey.

It just feels needlessly complicated and convoluted when the option could simply be in settings.

So I read some reviews, these are some of the highlights:

Positives:
  • Well Designed new mons.
  • Well Designed region and cities.
  • Way easier competitive building.
  • No significant frame drops.
  • Some old boring features were improved.
  • Cool concepts in Wild Area and Raid battles but the AI of the generated players in single player is bad.
  • Really good soundtrack.

Negatives:
  • Graphics not on pair with other Nintendo Switch titles.
  • Animations sometimes are too mechanic and some of the characters still not really expressive.
  • Bede, Marnie and Team Yell have pretty much rushed sub-plots. A lot of people found Team Yell pretty unuseful.
  • The games feel more interesting in the first couple of hours then it's just gym after gym.
  • Post game is pretty short. Not that much to do for non-competitive players.
  • Wild Area is quite empy with few things to do. (Notice: They had no access to multiplayer).
  • The exploration is somehow limited cause there's no real dungeon or complicate route. A bit too linear.

Mixed:
- Plot. Some say it's quite good, others say that it settles some good premises but fails to create an actual good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom