• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
We don't have a title for this episode yet but it is confirmed to air on Jan 5, 2020 so I thought I would create a thread so we can discuss and speculate what might happen before we get the title

With literally zero to go off of, this is what I've come up with.

Ash and Gou travel to Pewter City and meet up with Brock. They help him out with some filler plot and at the end of the episode he announces his plan to travel to the Sinnoh Region on business. Ash and Gou decided to travel with him and they all head off, maybe receiving a phone call from Dawn beforehand.

My reasoning is that episode 6 most likely takes place in Kanto and episode 8 takes place in Sinnoh. This is the best way I can fill in the gap between those two episodes while giving a logical region for Ash, Gou, and Brock all to be in Sinnoh in the next episode.

I wish to point out that I said this is confirmed to air on Jan 5, 2020

I have to confess that this hasn't been confirmed but could air either on Jan 5, 2020 or Dece 29, 2019

I think that this episode will be in Galar and will focus on a Pokemon from the Galar region that hasn't been revealed yet.

Whatever the secrecy is for better be good...

I doubt there's anything secret here, this isn't like the Alola League episode where TV guides didn't show the title of this episode until later, but that they made those illustrations on the official site for only some of the episodes. This should be looked at as the official site revealing the later titles early rather than this ep's being late.

I doubt there's anything secret here, this isn't like the Alola League episode where TV guides didn't show the title of this episode until later, but that they made those illustrations on the official site for only some of the episodes. This should be looked at as the official site revealing the later titles early rather than this ep's being late.
There's literally nothing revealed about this episode whereas we've gotten quite an amount of details of episodes both preceding and succeeding this one. It's not invalid to assume that the title has to be spoiler-ish.

Last edited:
There's literally nothing revealed about this episode whereas we've gotten quite an amount of details of episodes both preceding and succeeding this one. It's not invalid to assume that the title has to be spoiler-ish.
We have those only because of the promotional art, which made those illustrations for episodes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Episode 4's title isn't listed there either because it also didn't get an illustration.

Last edited:
We have those only because of the promotional art, which made those illustrations for episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Episode 3's title isn't listed there either because it also didn't get an illustration.
Isn't the art of the Bulbasaur family the episode 3 illustration? In any case if they decided to skip just one episode in the sequence it's certainly possible that they're avoiding spoilers. They made the concious decision to commission art for all but that one episode, so there must be a valid reason for skipping it.

Isn't the art of the Bulbasaur family the episode 3 illustration? In any case if they decided to skip just one episode in the sequence it's certainly possible that they're avoiding spoilers. They made the concious decision to commission art for all but that one episode, so there must be a valid reason for skipping it.
Typo'd 4 (the Scorbunny episode). The reason they skipped those two could well be that they would spoil something, or that they were the most boring of the bunch and not worth commissioning an illustration.

I'll be honest, I was rather surprised we had any information this early regarding titles up to episode 9
Yeah, normally the official site doesn't show any titles beyond two weeks.

Jokes aside, I would really like to focus on Ash's father in this series at some point. S&M series, as ironic as it is, had several oppurtunities to bring that up but it remained a mystery all the time.
I wasn't joking at all. It's completely within the realm of possibility especially given how big of a spoiler moment it could be to the point the title isn't revealed.

I mean, the premier episode is Pikachu's backstory which was deemed impossible at one point.

With literally zero to go off of, this is what I've come up with.

Ash and Gou travel to Pewter City and meet up with Brock. They help him out with some filler plot and at the end of the episode he announces his plan to travel to the Sinnoh Region on business. Ash and Gou decided to travel with him and they all head off, maybe receiving a phone call from Dawn beforehand.

My reasoning is that episode 6 most likely takes place in Kanto and episode 8 takes place in Sinnoh. This is the best way I can fill in the gap between those two episodes while giving a logical region for Ash, Gou, and Brock all to be in Sinnoh in the next episode.
I kinda like the sound of it. Hence, tis not happening.

I think I have a theory on what spoiler is big enough to hide a title.

Ash's father's reveal. :lapras:
And this one too xD

Ash catches a Pokemon, most prolly a Grookey or the regional bird. Done deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom