• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

Satoshi after his return to home from Alola with the Championship title:
EverlastingClearAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

PleasedUniqueFrog-size_restricted.gif

If we talk just about footage/animation then this OP is one of the weakest ever. Loads of still-shots, cringe-inducing dancing, and overall just very boring settings (Ash looking up at TR on a hill... I mean really? They couldn't come up with something else?) Bleh.

The vocals were ok but nothing special. Overall just a very unimpressive OP.

If we talk just about footage/animation then this OP is one of the weakest ever. Loads of still-shots, cringe-inducing dancing, and overall just very boring settings (Ash looking up at TR on a hill... I mean really? They couldn't come up with something else?) Bleh.
Those still shots and empty spaces gives me a "will-be-updated-with-new-pokémon" vibes. It's a classic anime tradition after all.

The vocals were ok but nothing special. Overall just a very unimpressive OP.
I have to agree with this, but mostly because we have gotten nothing but great openings (visually at least) since XY, well, aside from the clip show that was the 20th anniversary version of MPM. I liked the dancing, though, it was cute.

There were definitely a lot of really good sequences, but for like half of it there wasn't really a lot going on in the screen.

The opening seems to suggest that while Koharu isn't a travelling companion, she is at least the most important supporting character along with her dad.

I find the lack of humans besides these guys and the TRio disturbing. :eek:

I get wanting to scale things back after they gave Ash too many friends in Alola, but I'm worried about a lack of supporting/recurring/game characters. I'm very concerned the overall cast will be smaller than ever with a bunch of COTDs and/or a record breaking number of episodes where Ash-tachii and the TRio are the only humans around...

Though I will say it's a hoot seeing the TRio look all tough. Makes me wonder if they really WILL be better here than in SM (at least XY level)

Last edited:
Since we know other artists will be covering different versions of the song, I don't expect the current version of the OP animation to last very long. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut down on the amount of animation needed so they can finish all of the variations within budget.

I really like this song and I actually thought the visuals were cute too, especially the dancing. It's not my favorite opening at the moment, but all three Sun&Moon openings heavily grew on me so I expect this one will as well.

New OP is okay. Energetic, does a lot to show off the "all regions" theme. The scene of Pikachu and Scorbunny fighting Tyranitar and Corviknight gives me hope for some good battles. Not sure how to interpret TR's bit--they seem a bit serious there.

Confirmed this season will be mainly set in Galar because:

Ash dances like Mr Bean
So we finally know who Ash's father is!

Satoshi after his return to home from Alola with the Championship title:
EverlastingClearAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

PleasedUniqueFrog-size_restricted.gif
It’s funny how everybody raise their right arm over their left one during the clapping part, except for Go because he is left handed.

Also, who was the woman singing the opening? When I google After the rain, it says both members are dudes.

I really liked the song itself, but the animation sequence was a bit underwhelming.
By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom