• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.
Both mafumafu and Tomohisa Sako/ShounenT started their music careers as utaite (debuted on the internet under a pseudonym covering songs on NicoNico, etc.), later writing their own songs and becoming full-fledged professionals. The two of them even collaborated on the anime OP "Fukanzen Monologue" last year. So in that sense, it's not too surprising that each other's tastes for an "energetic, shounen anime OPs" would be similar.

Mime getting spotlight in the opening makes me wonder if he will tag along with Ash just to fill the role of Brock and similar partners of previous series.

The song is okay. At times it reminds me of the Ga Ole songs but it sounds distinctive enough and is catchy.

The animation started pretty well. The main characters and their journey through the regions was covered nicely within the first 30 seconds, which made me think that there would be enough time to showcase lots of spoilers, supporting characters and cool stuff. But what we got instead was:
  • The main cast dancing.
  • Pikachu battling a Tyranitar, because apparently he hasn't done that enough times.
  • The main cast dancing again.
  • A scene with the main Pokemon and...Mr. Mime? He's allowed to appear but Delia isn't?
  • An animated version of the poster, except it's just 30% of it.
So yeah, it could have been better.

I like the the GameFreak squeak at the beginning of the song. And the song itself is likeable enough. The animation is fantastic, in the few short scenes which feature animation. I like the dancing scenes and sweet baby Jesus Kojiro is so kyuuute in this new artstyle. The amount of still shots sucks balls. As with episode 1, I'm sorry to say it has de-escalated my state of hype which is quite the opposite effect to what they were going for (I assume).

By the way, is it just me or this sounds a lot like Getta Ban Ban? I swear the melody even has some identical notes at some point.
Very much so, the 1, 2, 3 bit doesn't help at all as Getta Ban Ban's '1, 2, 3' at the climax had the very same melody!!

Ehh...gonna get me a bit of time to win me over with that OP. The song and the visuals are just meh...

Those still shots and empty spaces gives me a "will-be-updated-with-new-pokémon" vibes. It's a classic anime tradition after all.
I find the lack of humans besides these guys and the TRio disturbing. :eek:

I get wanting to scale things back after they gave Ash too many friends in Alola, but I'm worried about a lack of supporting/recurring/game characters. I'm very concerned the overall cast will be smaller than ever with a bunch of COTDs and/or a record breaking number of episodes where Ash-tachii and the TRio are the only humans around...

Though I will say it's a hoot seeing the TRio look all tough. Makes me wonder if they really WILL be better here than in SM (at least XY level)

Seems like they're trying really hard to avoid spoilers with this one.

I wouldn't put it in my top favorites but I do like it. The dancing scenes are amazing.

The other song this absolutely segues into is Kirakira (Citron’s love song to Satoshi). So much so that it’s annoyingly stuck in my head since Sunday...

I think she can be a travel partner in the future. There is few hints towards that:
ImprobableSlightChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

RegularMiniatureCanvasback-size_restricted.gif
She's going to travel with them... in her school uniform?

Okay :/

The song's alright but not great. It trips me up because I feel like their's a woman singing on it but there's not. I hope we get a Rica version as some point. The animation on the other hand I think is great. The scene where Ash is staring down Team Rocket is awesome, I especially like the fist pump James does. I also like that you can see all the in-game region maps under the starter Pokemon.

If it turns out that Ash is using his full roster of Pokemon in this series, I'm really wishing for a new version of "Spurt" as the second OP.

The song's alright but not great. It trips me up because I feel like their's a woman singing on it but there's not. I hope we get a Rica version as some point. The animation on the other hand I think is great. The scene where Ash is staring down Team Rocket is awesome, I especially like the fist pump James does. I also like that you can see all the in-game region maps under the starter Pokemon.

If it turns out that Ash is using his full roster of Pokemon in this series, I'm really wishing for a new version of "Spurt" as the second OP.
Soraru is the one that sounds like a female. He's known for more of his breathy voice.

View: https://imgur.com/a/lODyn5o

Last edited:
"Let's have a fight" would sound so weird in combination with this music without knowing the context. :LOL:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom