• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I've become much more interested in Dracovish after seeing the thread on Smogon's forum about it. Apparently, it can have the strongest Water-type move, Fishious Rend if it's boosted, in the game and can hit resisted 'mons pretty hard with it.

Per the thread:
252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 213-252 (60.5 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
8af.gif

Last edited:
I've become much more interested in Dracovish after seeing the thread on Smogon's forum about it. Apparently, it can have the strongest Water-type move, Fishious Rend if it's boosted, in the game and can hit resisted 'mons pretty hard with it.

Per the thread:

8af.gif

till it meets a Dry skin, water absorb or storm drain user and boosts them instead. Risky.
But Revenge attackers need to fear it.

The more I look at Hatterene, the more I realize that its actual body is really, really tiny.

Like, it's more apparent in the Gigantamax form where it looks a tiny mecha pilot. But from some angles and in the fainting animation, it's the same thing in in the basic form too. It's just less noticeable since she's more covered up.

On another note, it took me forever to realize that Appletun's floppy ears were actually its eyes.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm aware. I suppose "melt" isn't the right term.
Like how Muk flattens out into a puddle when it faints.
Destabilize.

It's living milk, though. It's not exactly ice cream or something that could melt. It's more like a milk Homunculus then anything else.

Which I guess a homuculus is something that could also melt, but still.
Yes, I'm aware. I suppose "melt" isn't the right term.
Like how Muk flattens out into a puddle when it faints.
Destabilize.

I believe the technical term here is splish

Ah Alcremie is SO ADORABLE. I really enjoyed playing with it in Camp and its actually strong too!
This form is my favorite <3

Other faves includes G.Ponyta and Rapidash of course, Hattena Line, Snom Line, G.Corsola Line, Wooloo, Indeedee, Appletun, Polteagist Line, Zacian, Shiny Gossifluer/Eldegoss.

Also, I can't believe G.Rapidash is actually a lot prettier in its official artwork. The game made it face look... not as cute.

Last edited:
I didn't notice until rebattling Leon that Dragapult's tail sort of fades out into transparency. That's a really cool effect.

I'm really liking Dragapult and its whole evolutionary line, as well as Appletun. The thing is that this might be the first generation of Pokemon where I don't love any of the generic 'cute' Pokemon. In every other generation I had at least one favorite cute Pokemon, but none of them stands out to me. :/

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom