• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our world: 1% makes life harder by hoarding wealth that they'll never spend while people in need suffer due to a lack of money
Pokemon world: 1% makes life harder by giving their children the worst possible hairstyles and names as symbols of their social status
I thought they did that in our world too.

I mean, look at the people in the white house.

No I'm not sorry for making that joke.

Pokemon world: 1% makes life harder by giving their children the worst possible hairstyles and names as symbols of their social status

Suddenly, thinking of Ghetsis's fashion and styling choices as a way of leaning into this makes things make so much sense in hindsight.

New movie, Steven Stone struggling to live in a world full of the elite, all of whom have terrible hairstyles and dumb names. How will he survive.

I’m watching the postgame, and the storyline is infinitely better than the main story in my opinion, and I’ve got a newfound appreciation for Piers, who’s now one of my favourite gym leaders, and Sonia, who might be one of the best characters in game.

So I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make what I thought were seamless Surprise Trades work, only to realize now that what we saw in one of the trailers was just editing magic.

Maybe that was obvious to everyone else but right now I'm a big sad.

Okay, I know that chairman rose will definitely be evil because I can't help but spoiler myself but I really hope he was genuine in saying that he would like to not have people breaking historic monuments.

Okay, I know that chairman rose will definitely be evil because I can't help but spoiler myself but I really hope he was genuine in saying that he would like to not have people breaking historic monuments.

This is a spoiler, only read it if you want.

I don't recall that ever changing.

In the end, his greatest sin seems to be interrupting a Pokemon match. Lol

I need to find a better way to train my Corsola. It's this close to evolving but it's also a glass cannon with terrible hp that get's knocked out within two rounds of it being in play so even with the xp share it's a nightmare.

On the bright side, I'm using my Thievul much more than I thought I would. It was supposed to be a throwaway but it's becoming my go-to. Especially since it's fast.

Hot take:

Raihan's gimmick is interesting and unique, being both type and weather based, but it wasn't fully taken advantage of with his team. He really should have had Dracovish and/or Dracozolt on his team considering both get Sand Rush.

a leveling system to make oponents (-3) to (+6) then your send out pokemon would work better we would get 4 graded(+3 each) for players...

Beginner(-3 then your send out pokemon, or strongest in the party)-->Regular(0)-->Advanced(+3)
-->Master(+6 more then your send out pokemon or strongest in the party) ---- with the 100level limit offcourse for all pokemon....

they would only need to give the gym leaders and oponents good items, moves and abilities to compensate.

Then you could catch pokemon of every level and it would not matter.

there is a

Battle style - set

Unbeknown to a surprisingly high number of trainers, there is a setting within the options menu called "battle style". This has actually been in Pokemon games since the first generation but has either been missed or ignored by a lot of players.

Is there a guide on using battle set styles? Like the games walkthrough

I need to find a better way to train my Corsola. It's this close to evolving but it's also a glass cannon with terrible hp that get's knocked out within two rounds of it being in play so even with the xp share it's a nightmare.

On the bright side, I'm using my Thievul much more than I thought I would. It was supposed to be a throwaway but it's becoming my go-to. Especially since it's fast.
There's always the safe, ever present EXP Candies.

That's how I've felt with pretty much all of my Pokemon since Sun/Moon. Like in Sun I was so looking forward to Alolan Marowak and Alolan Ninetales but they kept on getting knocked out like nothing, even though they were higher leveled than everything else. Sword/Shield has some of the same problems.

It gets really frustrating trying to go catch Pokemon when my Pokemon keep on getting knocked out by the wild Pokemon in just a couple of turns.

Hot take:

Raihan's gimmick is interesting and unique, being both type and weather based, but it wasn't fully taken advantage of with his team. He really should have had Dracovish and/or Dracozolt on his team considering both get Sand Rush.
Not just Raihan-while I thoroughly enjoyed the Gym Challenge of this Generation, several of the Gym Leaders could have used more optimized movesets/teams; Opal's Weezing knows Tackle. However, Raihan did give me quite the challenge with his team-I actually loved it and contemplated writing up the play by play in the travelogue thread. Gigalith setting the Sandstorm with Sandaconda being able to re-summon it by simply taking damage/being KO'd is brilliant as he doesn't have to waste an actual turn establishing his preferred weather; he maintains the offensive synergy and preferred weather. I actually thought I was pretty smart having my Goodra Rain Dance and use a boosted Weather Ball to OHKO his Sandaconda, before I realized another Sandstorm brewed and Duraludon came out, ready to Gigantamax; one of the most hype battles ever in the series, for me.

However, I fully agree that his Champion battle needs serious improvements; I won largely because Raihan wasted nearly all his turns changing the weather from sun, to rain, to a sandstorm, and back again. And this guy defeated Piers? I guess Game Freak only really had him in mind for Double Battles and had difficulty transitioning his preferences into a Single Battle mentality (that or didn't bother to fine-tune it); that was a disappointing and definitely something that should have been overhauled. This is where I could see your Hidden Ability fossil coming into play to benefit from the sand (with their signature rend move for insane damage to boot).

Last edited:
Most of my Pokemon are very sturdy aside from Corsola (though my Thievul's not exactly good on the defense front it's also much faster than most other Pokemon I encounter so it makes up for that).

I don't know what my strongest Pokemon defense wise is.

I found out that I don't like Galar Linoone as much as I liked Galar Zigzagoon and replaced it with a Trapinch which quickly evolved into a Vibrava. And I still don't have anti-water coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom