• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

I really like a bunch of the new Pokemon! I'd say Snom, Runerigus, Nickit, and Sirfetch'd... though I'm sure there are others.

I really like the legendaries wolves (Hero and Crown form), but Alcremie is unbeatable. My props to Galar Ponyta too.

Furthemore, all the Gigantamax altered forms look cool. The Big Snorlax is hilarious.

Corviknight
Centiskorch (i wish its good competitively tho)
Hatterene
Dragapult

Honorable Mentions:
Inteleon
Drednaw
Toxtricity
Grimmsnarl
Frosmoth

As others have mentioned, there were lots of good Pokémon that captured my heart this time around but if I had to pick one, I’d say it’s Alcremie for sure! It’s design is cute and lovable already but add in the fact you’re able to customize them however you want is fantastic!

What are your favorite combinations? My favorite flavors are Mint, Ruby, Salted, Matcha, and Vanilla and my favorite sweets are the Clover sweet, the heart sweet, the blueberry sweet, the ribbon sweet, and the flower sweet.
And while I have issues with how Gigantamax Pokémon are obtained, I think Alcremie easily has one of the best ones and I wish it was an evolution instead. Also it has a cookies and cream shiny!
But Pokemon that got really close were Galarian Ponyta, Grookey, Cinderace, Dreepy, Centiskorch, the Sinistea line, the Snom line, and female Indeedee.

Last edited:
Frosmoth for me. Because I went in blind with my first playthrough, I didn't really know about it until very late, but once I got wind of it, saw it on Serebii, and managed to get one, I was in love with it. It's so cute, soft, and fluffy, yet graceful and simple. Plus, as most people who know me know, I LOVE the Ice-type, so that was already a winner there. And it's pre-evolution, Snom, is just as cute. I'm not fond of time-based evolutions, mind, as it can get tricky to figure out exactly when a certain time takes effect in-game (especially since I take sleep aids due to chronic insomnia issues, so that can throw a wrench in the works), but Frosmoth is one of those cases where I'll grin and bear it because I just love it.

Cufant. When it was first "leaked" I had good hopes for it, and when it was finally shown I liked it a lot. It has a very nice design, a cute artwork and a badass evolution. This is what I'll sing when we'll fiinally meet:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6B1zOp4ghc

(With "her" being Phanpy, who is my second favorite Pokemon after Marshtomp and hasn't been in a regional dex in centuries...However, I do love Cufant on its own and not because it's also an elephant)

Now that I see that table, I find it kinda ironic for me that the Alcremie I like the most has one of the flavors I hate the most (mint).
I have a similar thing with the salted cream; I love it with Alcremie but I’m not a fan of it in real life. Also I love mint in real life so I’m happy it’s one of my favorite colors for Alcremie.

Zamazenta has become my baby. Playing fetch with it in camp just made my life. My good shield puppy hero.

It's funny how for the second time I ended up changing versions just before release and ended up liking the other legendary more. I love Zacian still, but Zamazenta is beautiful and I've just come to love it even more. Both of them may be my favorite box legendaries though, probably because I love wolves and have always wanted more wolf Pokemon, especially legendary ones.

Other ones are Scorbunny, Yamper, and Ponyta. I love them all so much.

My most immediate thought was Yamper, but I also feel a major connection with Gigantamax Pikachu, if that counts ;)

The Corviknight line deserves an honorable mention too. It originally came across as just really cool, but it didn’t capture my heart necessarily until I got to use it in-game where it is incredibly useful. It was nice to see pure Flying actually become a thing too (apart from legendaries) in its pre-evos.

Grimmsnarl; fell in love with his badass design when he first leaked. Didn't even believe it was real until a few days after.

The animations, looks, typing and 'lore' sold me.

If Galar Forms count then obviously the answer is Galar Corsola.

If they don't then surprisingly Thievul. Despite being essentially the regional rodent except a fox it's been one of my most useful pokemon especially in the early game (when Bede was still a psychic type trainer).

None of them will ever come as close as Blaziken, though. Blaziken's still my favorite.

If they don't then surprisingly Thievul. Despite being essentially the regional rodent except a fox it's been one of my most useful pokemon especially in the early game (when Bede was still a psychic type trainer).
Now that I think about it, this is the third time I have seen two lines of common mammals in a game, after Hoenn's Zigzagoon and Poochyena and Unova's Purrloin and Lillipup.

Now that I think about it, this is the third time I have seen two lines of common mammals in a game, after Hoenn's Zigzagoon and Poochyena and Unova's Purrloin and Lillipup.

To take that a step further, in all three cases, it's been one Normal-type ("normal" Zigzagoon, Lillipup, Skwovet) and one Dark-type (Poochyena, Purrloin, Nickit). Guess GF really likes their early route Dark-types as much as they like early route Normal-types.

Perrserker. Wasn’t too sure when I first saw it’s design, but I decided to give it a shot since I rarely used Steel-types in my main play through. Now it’s my favorite of the regional cats.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom