• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people don't just judge games solely based on their amount of content/polish, but also what they brought to the table. So yes, even solid remakes are still remakes.

I'd just like to say that I love Bede. He's onenof the most entertaining rivals ever. And unlike other jerkass rivals you get to see him slowly and hilariously humiliated throughout the entire game. Its hilarious.

Also, I think the Pokedex is a direct downgrade from previous gens.
  1. There's no search function so I have to manually hunt for a Pokemon I want to look at.
  2. Idle animations can no longer be viewed, instead, it's only the attacking animations.
  3. You cannot zoom in and out.
  4. You can only rotate a Pokemon horizontally. I cannot look at the top of a Pokemon, for example.
  5. You use the same button to view animations and hear the Pokemon's cry.

Alllllllllllll of this. I don't get why the Pokédex functions have been so thoroughly gutted. :cry:

I do like the "recommendations" system, though. It reminds me of the Habitat List, and has been helpful for completing my Dex.

Sweet Arceus Raihan is a nightmare to fight. I was down to my last Pokemon, my Intelion, and I would have lost then and there if I hadn't gotten in a luxky critical hit with Snipe Shot (it's kind of weird that Snipe Shot is stronger than Liquidize despite the fact that it has less attack power).

1. Idle animations can no longer be viewed, instead, it's only the attacking animations.
They've, frustratingly, also taken out many attack animations for viewing, limiting the amount to 2 for each Pokemon (even though several have upwards to four unique attack animations). Strangely though, I believe all of the animations are still in the game as my Sylveon does the elusive spin & jump when he uses Disarming Voice-yet, you can't view that animation in the Pokedex.

You know what would have been neat? Being able to choose the way you throw your dynamax ball. All the gym leaders and rivals have super cool ways they do it and the way the pc does it is just... boring.
And yet another step backwards for these games. We just came from USUM where one could customize their Ball throw. Yet, you can't do so here; I agree that being able to customize your Dynamax throws as well would have been a strategic gameplay element. It'll probably be a feature in the DP remakes or SwSh2.

For my part, I thought the customizable throwing styles were okay, but they didn't wow me (especially since the only thing they changed within the game itself was the way you throw your ball rather than the way your character poses throughout the battle - the poses only appear in PvP Link Battles), so I don't exactly miss them. That said, I'm surprised that they didn't at least carry over the option to have your character be left-handed. While it was awkward and not really sufficient to have a designated "left-handed style" as its own thing separate from all the others instead of having all of the styles available as right- or left-handed, it was still a nice bit of consciousness toward the games' diverse playerbase. They even have a couple of left-handed characters in SwoShi (Bede and Allister), just like how they had Ilima in Sun & Moon as someone to learn that left-handed style from.

Right! More opinion time!

I absolutely loved the assault on Rose Tower. It's absolutely ridiculous. First you've gotta track down this dude in tacky sunglasses and beat him three times before getting the monorail key. Then you have to get past a bunch of goons blocking your path. How do you do that? Piers starts an impromptu rock concert and everybody on the top floor runs down the stair, knocking the goons put of the way (bomus points: The first ones down the stairs are two Zigzagoons). Then you have to go through Rose tower, battling everything from accountants to insurance guys. And all this just because Leon was late for dinner! Granted, it does get slightly weird at the rop but still.

Defog was buffed. It was just revealed that it now gets rid of terrains as well, on top of being able to remove screens and entry hazards from the field.
from both sides.

Frikken Leon.

Why! Why is he so hard! Why is his Haxorus perfectly designed to counter loterally everything! How can he spam Outrage without running out of PP! Why is his Aegislash easy but I can't get past his Haxorus! Why is his Haxorous so fast! Why why why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom