• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the Scyther hate? Tracey's was only around for 20 episodes, and let's just that it was only the focus in its debut. This was 20 years ago, too.

As a species, the Scyther line is one of the only three Bug ones that learn False Swipe naturally. I don't know if the writers want to use it as a catching strategy, but that would make sense.

What's with the Scyther hate? Tracey's was only around for 20 episodes, and let's just that it was only the focus in its debut. This was 20 years ago, too.

As a species, the Scyther line is one of the only three Bug ones that learn False Swipe naturally. I don't know if the writers want to use it as a catching strategy, but that would make sense.
According to Bulbapedia we've only seen if we've seen False Swipe once, when a Johto COTD tried told his Pokémon to defeat Ash's Heracross with it.
Shocking he lost the battle despite being the Pokémon Sun Tzu. His portrayal and attitude throughout the episode made it funnier.

The anime always seems to just let people capture fainted Pokémon so I'm not sure what they'd do with a game-accurate False Swipe.

Oh yeah, a Scyther with False Swipe would be great with Go's plan to catch every Pokemon

I don't dislike Scyther, its a Pokemon I would like to see get some focus

I’m not really going to be fond of the arrangement if Go will just capture lots of Pokémon only for them to rot at the lab. Pokemon Go mechanics don’t really translate well to the anime where Pokémon are living sentient brings.
We still don't know if he catch them permanently or just temporarily.
Koharu should look after Go's captures and be their mommy.
Just like most of the other fathers in pokémon franchise.

It doesn’t sit well with me that Go has supposedly caught 12 Pokemon by episode 6... are his Pokémon going to get any kind of focus? Is he going to catch- for example- Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree seperatly?

It doesn’t sit well with me that Go has supposedly caught 12 Pokemon by episode 6... are his Pokémon going to get any kind of focus? Is he going to catch- for example- Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree seperatly?
I suspect Gou might get a few Pokémon other than Scorbunny that get attention (maybe Scyther because I think it's got some appearances on promotionals/merchandise) but most of his captures are going to be like Ash's other twenty nine Tauros.

? If its the Bug Catching Contest wouldn't he just keep the last pokemon? Even if he does end up with a Caterpie or something its probably still going to be something.

Go will probalby only keep that Scyther that appeared on the poster and the rest of the bug mons will be send to Sakuragi's lab.

Adamant said:
We got a summary:
Now that he has got Hibanny, Go heads to Kuchiba Forest with Satoshi and the others, aiming to get even more Pokémon!!
Looks like the guesses about this involving the Bug Catching Contest were off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom