• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ba-... Battle Frontier? Why would Ash participate in it again?

Are they creating Anime OCs to represent the Hoenn BF or something?

I do hope Brandon appears in some form, it's been a while and he's been one of the people who helped Ash in more ways than one.

Last edited:
Battle Tournament, read the summary actually, the Title is a bit misleading
If Battle Frontier is in the title then I'm sure that's what it's referring to, although it will probably take on a different form so as to fit into a single episode. It's worth pointing out that the Battle frontier from Emerald was treated as the Kanto Battle Frontier in the anime, so they're not really retconning anything by making the Hoenn Battle Frontier a different thing. It's a bit odd that they would reference the Battle Frontier at all considering the games have completely forsaken it.

Ba-... Battle Frontier? Why would Ash participate in it again?

Are they creating Anime OCs to represent the Hoenn BF or something?

I do hope Brandon appears in some form, it's been a while and he's been one of the people who helped Ash in more ways than one.

Why create something new when he could just as easily do the Sinnoh BF? Something that was established but not done

Oooo, very exciting, tournament battles are bound to be great, its a shame this is just for 1 episode as the battles will probably be quick

I would love to see Ash use a reserve but I get the feeling it will just be Pikachu

It might be a Battle Tournament hosted by the Battle Frontier and the winner gets an autographed photograph of the Frontier Brains.

I'm really looking forward to this episode, will be nice to see Hoenn again though its unlikely Serena or Sophocles will get even a cameo

Wonder what Pokemon are taking part

With the Hoenn region being featured, I'm hoping the majority of Pokemon taking part with be from Hoenn

Allow Underused Pokemon like Dusclops and the Fossils to appear

Ehhh, a battle tournament but it's only one episode? This smells like clickbait... :unsure:

A lot of these storylines would’ve benefitted so; so much with at least two episodes devoted to them...

I don’t expect the tournament to be a really huge thing since it might be scaled down so Go’s Scorbunny doesn’t look hopeless compared to more powerful and fully evolved Pokemon.

I think it might be a tag battle or two with Pikachu and Scorbunny. Funnily enough, Go has more Pokemon to use than Ash probably does (I don't see a reserve showing up without any hint in the summary).

I think it might be a tag battle or two with Pikachu and Scorbunny. Funnily enough, Go has more Pokemon to use than Ash probably does (I don't see a reserve showing up without any hint in the summary).
I sincerely doubt Go’s going to turn up with more than one Pokemon other than Scorbunny: probably just a Scyther.

The rest of the Bug type Pokemon will be rotting at Sakuragi’s more likely than not. Or probably ground up for candy.

Only Kalos is missing! Let's see if it'll be visited too within the first ten episodes.
cough Unova, Alola cough. ;)

I guess these first episodes are more of a first taste of what this series is going to be like. I wouldn't be surprised if Unova, Kalos and Alola are visited within eps 10-15. (Well, maybe they leave Alola for a bit later because, well, SM being too recent).

Only one episode for a Battle Tournament. Its prolly gonna be a Tag team battle, with Ash using Pikachu and Go using Scorbunny or one of his bugs (Or he uses multiple Pokemon if its like say three battles).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom