• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that it is one episode, the chances are it will be 1 on 1 battles, the episode has potential, just wish it was 2 or 3 episodes to make it more enjoyable

Just makes me wonder why this title took so long to reveal.
This is about normal for titles from Japanese TV guides, typically we get titles within four weeks of airing. Since there wasn't any special promotional art being shown off for this episode it wasn't revealed earlier.

Ariga probably doesn't consider this episode worthy of his art. The setting is just an arena; even the Scorbunny episode got nothing.

This is about normal for titles from Japanese TV guides, typically we get titles within four weeks of airing. Since there wasn't any special promotional art being shown off for this episode it wasn't revealed earlier.

I think the point is official twitter announced the titles and shown illustrations for almost all episodes, except Episodes 4 and 7 (and we know the title of Episode 4 in a magazine).

So, people expected Episode 7 will have something really important.

However, it's always possible this Battle Frontier Challenge will be important for the season.

What if this episode is the instigator for an endorsement for Go and/or Ash to do the Galar gym run.

Honestly, I really doubt about Galar Gym.

Considering this season has so much focus on the 8 regions concept, if there is a competition as an overarching plot of the season, I think it is more likely it will involve all 8 regions.

So Ash doesn't catch single Pokemon upto 9 episode....
And meanwhile Go has episodes literally dedicated to catching numerous Pokémon. I really hope them giving Go a goal of catching Pokémon doesn’t come at the detriment of Ash getting new Pokémon himself. Even TR are shown to have new Pokémon.

I wonder why they kept the title hidden for a while. I doubt the Hoenn BF is that big of a spoiler... or was it the Hoenn part itself? And if so, let's try and speculate what's special in Hoenn as of current.

I wonder why they kept the title hidden for a while. I doubt the Hoenn BF is that big of a spoiler... or was it the Hoenn part itself? And if so, let's try and speculate what's special in Hoenn as of current.
It's probably not a capture, because this episode appears to be entirely about a battle tournament.

To be fair, the future episodes were revealed through promotional materials which this one didn't get

If Battle Frontier is in the title then I'm sure that's what it's referring to, although it will probably take on a different form so as to fit into a single episode. It's worth pointing out that the Battle frontier from Emerald was treated as the Kanto Battle Frontier in the anime, so they're not really retconning anything by making the Hoenn Battle Frontier a different thing. It's a bit odd that they would reference the Battle Frontier at all considering the games have completely forsaken it.
How are they going to do a Battle Frontier and challenging all Frontiers in One Episode tho? And why would Ash do it again? This just seems like a normal knockout Tournament where all battles will be 1 VS 1 imo. And Title really doesn't matter since we are having the Piplup and Croagunk title which would easily be misleading and (kinda) the First Episode Title as well.

It's a bit odd that they would reference the Battle Frontier at all considering the games have completely forsaken it.

The anime covering things the games can't be arsed to, I like it.

I wonder if Hoenn has different Frontier Brains than Kanto in the anime or if they split their time.

I'm hoping Ash and Go battle together, that's something I've been wanting to see. Would be cool if they return to the Battle Frontier in future episodes too.

I'm glad we have a battle-focused episode announced, but I wonder why they're connecting it to the Battle Frontier?

Wonder if Ash and Gou are entering together (double battle format) or separately?
I think there's a chance Ash will catch something in an episode before this one we haven't heard about yet, but it's too early to call.

Me: (sees title) B... Battle Frontier? I... I... whaaat? Battle Frontier? The Battle Frontier. ... The Battle Frontier?

Seriously, I'm in complete disbelief. Like, what?! Why the Battle Frontier? And why in Hoenn? Did they... did they forget that the Hoenn Battle Frontier was established to be in Kanto in the anime? So much for continuity, I guess. And just one single episode for the entire thing. How is that even gonna work?

And, even if this isn't actually related to the Battle Frontier in any manner (in which case, why the hell did they put it in the title in the first place, if the episode won't have anything to do with it in the first place? That's a very cheap and sleazy thing to do that could potentially blow up in their faces, so why risk angering people over it?), how are they gonna squeeze an entire tournament into a single episode? And how is the tournament even gonna tie in with their jobs as research fellows? Or does that not even matter and the Sakuragi Institute is nothing more the Alola School 2.0?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the episode focus on the Cosplay Pikachu (a mechanic that not only appeared in the anime before, but was introduced in Hoenn in the games), which could've gone hand in hand with Pokémon Contests (again, a mechanic that not only made its debut in Gen III, but also canonically originated from Hoenn)?

I... I really don't know how to feel about this episode. Like, I'm gonna try to not judge it too much before seeing it (since we obviously don't know too much about it) and I'll try to keep an open mind, but man, does this really feel like disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom