• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First VG system played: SNES. Those were the good ol' days. It's a shame it was so long ago that I actually can't remember what games I've played on it. I don't think I've played very many because it was primarily my brother's console.
First VG system owned: N64. I remember spending hours on games like Jet Force Jemini, Super Smash Bros, Hey You, Pikachu!, etc.

I got a Wii on my eighth birthday, and I played paper mario, the bee movie game, wii sports, and a bunch of other games that I can’t remember.

my dad doesn’t like video games so until i was 10 the only console we had was a ps2 with some soccer and racing games. when i was about 10 i got a DS from my grandparents and the first game i had for it was nintendogs. after a year or so i bought soul silver because i saw lugia on the box and that’s probably the game i’ve spent the most time playing ever.

My first system was NES, which I think was my half-brother's (I still have it though) that I just ended up with, but the first system I bought was Xbox, which I biked a few miles to get before awkwardly biking home with it in a duffel bag against my leg.

A Gameboy Pocket that I shared with my two older sisters - was gifted to us by our aunt in 1998 - with one of those bootleg "heaps in one" cartridges... it was a 32-in-1 cartridge, but was 15 games, then repeated with different names, par for the course with those. Super Mario Land was on it, notably. Dr. Mario was on it too. And Tetris. We also got Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Kirby's Dreamland with it. I was obsessed with all of them. Since then, it's been Nintendo handhelds for me all the way. Really the only other games I play are on PC.

The first system I ever played was the NES. Playing NES games are some of my first memories. It had to have been in the early 90s. The NES was a family system. I have no idea when my parents got it.

The first system that was actually mine, either a SNES or GB. I can't actually tell you which came first. Either way, I believe both were Christmas/Birthday presents.

A Gameboy Pocket that I shared with my two older sisters - was gifted to us by our aunt in 1998 - with one of those bootleg "heaps in one" cartridges... it was a 32-in-1 cartridge, but was 15 games, then repeated with different names, par for the course with those. Super Mario Land was on it, notably.
Did it also have Super Pika Land and Pipe Dreams? I recall seeing them frequently in multi-carts.

Hmmm - the very first console I ever played must have been the GameCube. I was only ever allowed to play Mario Kart: Double Dash on it, but I know my dad used to play Assassin’s Creed. When I was little, I really wanted to play it because it looked cool, but I was never allowed to. :p

The very first console that belonged to me specifically was the DSi XL. At the time, all of my friends at least had a DS Lite, if not a DSi. My dad got it for me after a year or two of me begging him for one. Soon afterwards, a friend gave me a copy of Pokemon White, and the rest is history.

It’s amazing how nostalgic technology can make us.

I remember getting a PS2 as a present, but it none of my disks for it work anymore, so...

The first console I ever played on was the SNES; my grandfather had one at his place. The only games he had were Super Mario World, Star Fox and Tetris. I was really young at the time, so I'd always ask my dad to play SMW or Star Fox because I couldn't figure out how to pass the first levels of either game. My grandfather was really good at Tetris, too.

The first actual console I got was a GameBoy Advance for my sixth birthday, along with an arcade game compilation (like with Pac-Man, Galaga and some others) and Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure. I decided I really wanted one after seeing all the other kids at my school with their GameBoys. Seeing all of them playing the first 3 gens of Pokemon was specifically what made me want the console, and I ended up getting Sapphire as a gift for Christmas that year.

I can't remember what the first console I played was, maybe a SEGA Genesis? I remember a two player game where one of you was Mickey and the other was Donald with like a flying carpet or something.
I played a few other consoles before I got my own console, such as, PS1, PS2 and Xbox.

The first console I actually owned was either a Christmas or Birthday present, a Gameboy Advanced SP. It was silver and had black markings on the top, which reminded me of tattoos, an awesome design. I remember going to EB Games one birthday specifically to pick up Pokemon Ruby (or maybe it was Emerald, one of them) because I was so excited to have my own Pokemon game.

I can't remember what the first console I played was, maybe a SEGA Genesis? I remember a two player game where one of you was Mickey and the other was Donald with like a flying carpet or something.
Wasn't it "World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck"? The game cover fits what you describe.

My first game console was the lime green GameBoy Color. My mother bought it and Pokemon Yellow for me on my seventh birthday, and I still have it!...though it doesn't work anymore.

I grew up with a PS1. No idea where it came from but I assume my mom bought it after her and my dad separated for a Christmas present. (I was very young when they separated so I don't really remember much from that time period). I grew up playing the Spyro games and have always had a big soft spot for dragons because of it.

An NES. I was too young to remember how we got it, though. The first games I remember playing were Super Mario Bros. and, of all things, the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom