• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime's changed things between previews and official airings before - SM flat-out deleted extra characters that appeared in the preview once because they forgot the Pokemon School only has six students

1200px-Ultra_Ruin_School_photo_SM101_preview.png

1200px-Ultra_Ruin_School_photo.png
Whom's deleted?

Images and summary can be found here

Screenshots hidden by spoilers

Thanks for the link.
Some thoughts spoilered just in case.
*I still wonder what Pikachu is doing in that tooth brushing scene they keep showing in previews.
*I wonder if Pikachu finds Ash wearing a Pikachu shirt a bit off putting. If I had a friend wearing a shirt with my face on it I'd be kind of weirded out.
*If those last three pics are from a battle at the end then it looks like Scorbunny's kick didn't do that much damage, though I'm not sure if the pics are always in chronological order on these previews.

Nice that they are introducing Magnolia so early. Might be foreshadowing they eventually do a full Galar run (But don't cover the whole region like the Wild Area for example) and that she is the one endorsing Ash and Go (Or only one of them, while the other gets endorsed by someone else).

That makes me wonder, if Ash eventually does do the Gym Challenge then how might they tackle the Version Exclusive Gym Leaders... just use the more popular one of the two pairs? :unsure:
Or have it like in BW. Pick one for Ash and the other characters challenge the other gym leaders. Like Roxie for Ash, Marlon for Cameron, and Drayden for Iris.

The anime's changed things between previews and official airings before - SM flat-out deleted extra characters that appeared in the preview once because they forgot the Pokemon School only has six students

This changes also happen in other anime. Here is an example, the first image is from the preview and the boy is wearing school uniform, which is the only clothes he has been wearing until that episode. However, the episode features the same scenes of the preview, but the boy is wearing a complete different outfit in them.

This is also very common in those anime with transformation sequences. In those rare occasions when the character's clothing change, you can see the new outfit in the transformation sequence.

We don't have second and third previews anymore?

"So early"? It's never taken five episodes for a regional professor to appear (discounting the Johto arc since it was added onto the OS).

It seems Magnolia isn't appearing in Episode 5 either, since she doesn't appear in VA list for that Episode.

What gives? I thought the intention was to get more people to watch the new series, this region locking seems counter-productive.
@Dogasu, help.

I guess the intention is that more Japanese people to watch the new series, they probably left international fans for the Dub. That's why they've never put Sub.

Japanese franchise usually only consider international fans if they are struggling in Japan.

Honestly, they don't really win anything if international fans see these Episodes for an official site instead of an illegal site. After all, the people will still see the Episode, so it can still fulfill its goal as a long commercial.

The one who is affected by illegal streaming of international fans is the Dub. However, the Dub will be affected by an official streaming too.

Sadly the channel we get the videos from are region locked so they can only be viewed in Japan
What gives? I thought the intention was to get more people to watch the new series, this region locking seems counter-productive.
@Dogasu, help.
Anybody have a link to that channel? The only one I've found with previews at all is the main Japanese Pokemon channel, but it only has one trailer per episode and it's the one we've already seen. Maybe they're actually just doing one these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom