• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I just don’t see the resemblance: many Pokémon have nails so encircling them as a similarity is weird, specially when they’re drastically different shapes for the Pokémon. The trunk stripes also have really different incorporations- it’s much more armor like in Phanpy and have really different shapes.
They also have different body types apart from being a bulky elephant: Phanpy is stubby whereas Cufant has pretty angular limbs.

And like @Esserise said, the concept is too elaborate to restrict to a regional variant imo- and bringing over another "regional variant" from a different region has its own set of complications (Why aren’t we seeing the region in game?") specially if there are no plans of an Indian region. It’s far easier and better to make a new Pokemon at that point, specially when Copperajah has no similarities with Donphan or Phanpy at all apart from being an elephant.

bringing over another "regional variant" from a different region has its own set of complications (Why aren’t we seeing the region in game?") specially if there are no plans of an Indian region

I don't agree with your interpretation of the similarities/dissimilarities but I can concede to this.

When I saw Cufant's "leaked" silouette I thought the same, but after seeing the final result I'm more than pleased with Cufant and Copperajah. Its forms and colors are unique and their design is one of Galar's best, it was about time we got a fully-fledged elephant with long legs, ears and trunk. I wish that they would have gone wilder with the typing though, I dream of a Water-type elephant that references their habits of splashing water.
It’s miles better than Phanpy

Was going to hit Love on all your posts until I saw this. :cry:

Not really? We finally got our Indian elephant after it was alluded to all the way back in the Gen 1 pokedex entries, and it is glorious. :bulbaLove:

(Was it really back as far as Gen 1? The earliest references to an Indian elephant in the Pokédex entries listed on Bulbapedia are from FireRed...)

At any rate, the funny thing is that Copperajah probably wouldn't have too much trouble with Gastly. The Pokédex says that Gastly can topple the elephant in two seconds by enveloping it in its gas, but here Copperajah is, immune to Poison. ;)

(Was it really back as far as Gen 1? The earliest references to an Indian elephant in the Pokédex entries listed on Bulbapedia are from FireRed...)
Right you are, I misremembered since I haven't played the originals in a long time and I (falsely) assumed they wouldn't have bothered changing the Dex entires for the remakes.

Well, Phanpy is good, but Cufant looks more like an elephant to me.
Phanpy REALLY looks like an elephant to me, Donphan is where it kind of confused me in elementary school. Because of its size and... head... covering... thing, I didn't IMMEDIATELY associate it with an elephant. I very much doubt children are going to make that mistake with either Cufant or Copperajah.

Well with the reveal of Galarian Slowpoke it seems that we are getting even more regional forms (you hear that USUM?!). Which Pokémon do you think will get new forms? I’m personally hoping for Arbok.

I'd like to see some 4th and 6th gen regional variants this time. (and maybe another 2nd and 3rd gen variant).

If I have to get into specifics...

Stantler (maybe an Ice/Psychic type appearing in the Crown Tundra?)

Any third gen Pokemon really, Zigzagoon and co need a friend.

Chatot
Glameow/Purugly
Carnivine

Maybe a regional variant for the Flabebe line?

I wonder how many we'll get. I mean we'll probably get at least one more for each part of the expansion...but probably more than that.

I really hope we get more regional forms in the expansion.
We will. Galarian Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking have already been confirmed. You can get a G-Slowpoke before either expansion releases, however you will not be able to evolve it into a G-Slowbro until the first expansion releases or a G-Slowking until the second expansion releases.

I really hope we get more regional forms in the expansion.
We will. Galarian Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking have already been confirmed. You can get a G-Slowpoke before either expansion releases, however you will not be able to evolve it into a G-Slowbro until the first expansion releases or a G-Slowking until the second expansion releases.
We're also getting Galarian Forms for the Legendary Birds!
HypeBirds.jpg

Because the voiceover said new Pokemon and not new regional variants when they flashed on screen, I don't want to say it's 100% confirmed that they're regional variants. It's highly likely that they are, however.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom