• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread about this (which makes sense since this was just announced today), so I figured I'd make it. There's a new Pokemon Generations-esque animation coming in January (starting on the 15th), titled Pokemon: Twilight Wings. These 5 minute episodes, of which there will only be 7 of, will focus entirely on Galar, its Trainers, and newly introduced Pokemon.

01.jpg

Notably, it'll all be animated by Studio Colorido.

Any thoughts or concerns about this new animation project?

Here's the link to the website should you wish to peruse the news yourself.

Didn't see a thread about this (which makes sense since this was just announced today), so I figured I'd make it. There's a new Pokemon Generations-esque animation coming in January (starting on the 15th), titled Pokemon: Twilight Wings. These 5 minute episodes, of which there will only be 7 of, will focus entirely on Galar, its Trainers, and newly introduced Pokemon.

01.jpg

Notably, it'll all be animated by Studio Colorido.

Any thoughts or concerns about this new animation project?

Here's the link to the website should you wish to peruse the news yourself.
Is this what we sacrificed the Anime for?

Per Japanese news outlets, the episodes will be released monthly, so this will be more spread out than Origins/Generations.

Staff list:
  • Director: Shingo Yamashita
  • Screenplay: 木下爽 Sou Kinoshita
  • Screenplay supervisor: Taku Kishimoto
  • Character design: Shin Ogasawara
  • Color keys: Izumi Hirose
  • Art director: Yūsuke Takeda / Takamasa Masuki
  • 3D CG: Masato Takahashi
  • Director of photography: Katsuhito Ogawa
  • Sound director: Masafumi Mima
  • Animation production: Studio Colorido

Last edited:
I wasn't a fan of Generations, but since these shorts will focus specifically on the Galar region and its characters, maybe that will help them out in the long run. Having only seven five minute long episodes could also help with not dragging it out or making the episodes feel pointless.

I'm really excited about this. Just browsing through the studio's other works, it looks like this will be quite beautiful. Heck, I was even thinking about wanting to see a Generations-esque series for the more recent gens (7 and 8). So, I'm excited for this anime for sure.

(Also Twilight Wings is such an interesting name, and I can't really see how it's connected to Sword and Shield. It makes me wonder why they chose to use this name)

Hopefully it will reduce requests for the main anime to suddenly turn into a Galar-only series.

Awesome! I LOVE these kinds of things! :love:

Now some of the Galar characters will get some desperately needed love!
(I know it's very early, but at this rate I REALLY can't be sure what the Show will do with them)

Why not both?

Because the Main Show CLEARLY has little interest in Galar and has forsaken an actual story in favor of being Sun & Moon 2.0 (now with less useless classmates!)

Heck, this almost feels like the final nail in the coffin for a Galar arc... :cry:

Last edited:
I'm interested in the title. "Twilight Wings" makes me think of Lunala, but maybe this will about a newly revealed legendary/mythical. The summary makes it sound like a slice-of-life series following a new original character in each episode. This definitely seems like an attempt to give Galar more focus possibly in response to feelings that Galar was getting snubbed in the anime. It's kind of funny how back in 2013 when the main series focused on the current gen, we got a side series focusing in past gens (Pokemon Generations), but now the main series focuses on past gens and we need a side series to focus on the current one.

I'm interested in the title. "Twilight Wings" makes me think of Lunala, but maybe this will about a newly revealed legendary/mythical. The summary makes it sound like a slice-of-life series following a new original character in each episode. This definitely seems like an attempt to give Galar more focus possibly in response to feelings that Galar was getting snubbed in the anime. It's kind of funny how back in 2013 when the main series focused on the current gen, we got a side series focusing in past gens (Pokemon Generations), but now the main series focuses on past gens and we need a side series to focus on the current one.

I doubt that has anything to do with it considering how long it takes to produce anime. All of this was pre-planned. The games, anime, and everything are always planned alongside each other to keep them in sync with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom