• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching lots of bug types is so random??

Though, I can see him realizing he has to catch lots of other Pokemon in order to get to Mew, and so he just goes absolutely wild.

In the end I doubt he even will get Mew, but he'll realize that's not too important. o:

How's Go even different from those movie villains looking for legendary Pokemon? I wish it’s pointed out throughout the series that Legendaries/mythicals are not really meant to be caught in most cases. But since Ash ended up with a mythical in Alola it’s probably acceptable as long as you’re a main cast member.

How's Go even different from those movie villains looking for legendary Pokemon? I wish it’s pointed out throughout the series that Legendaries/mythicals are not really meant to be caught in most cases. But since Ash ended up with a mythical in Alola it’s probably acceptable as long as you’re a main cast member.
Gou seems to be based on GO and legendary pokemon are up for grabs through raid battles and weekly missions. I think they might be loosening restrictions on who catches what.

Gou seems to be based on GO and legendary pokemon are up for grabs through raid battles and weekly missions. I think they might be loosening restrictions on who catches what.
This boils down to the GO rules simply not being morally consistent with the anime. The GO mechanics are basically an even harsher version of Paul's training- capture multiples of same Pokémon, any and everything, and release everyone but the strongest: but instead of a release they’re just crushed for candy.

They might be loosening rules, but that doesn’t really help the message that the legendary Pokemon are simply not up for grabs. Even Meltan were shown to be in plentiful quantities before capture. The question that I suddenly had was why was it wrong for various people throughout the anime's history t desire legendary Pokemon and it be wrong, and Go doing it and being right? If he actually gets a Mew I'll be utterly baffled.

Hopefully he gets the message that Mew isn’t up for grabs anytime soon.

The question that I suddenly had was why was it wrong for various people throughout the anime's history t desire legendary Pokemon and it be wrong, and Go doing it and being right? If he actually gets a Mew I'll be utterly baffled.

Hopefully he gets the message that Mew isn’t up for grabs anytime soon.
Villains wanted legendaries and mythicals for evil purposes (like using a legendary's power to rule/destroy/etc. the world), while Go just wants to have Mew as his pokemon buddy and friend. I guess.

Villains wanted legendaries and mythicals for evil purposes (like using a legendary's power to rule/destroy/etc. the world), while Go just wants to have Mew as his pokemon buddy and friend. I guess.

You know, it would interesting if Go actually wanted Mew just to say he got the Pokémon and didn't really think or care about what the Pokémon wanted. It could lead to a rift between Ash and Go while the former tries to talk some sense into the latter, only for Go to rebuff him at first, leading to a conflict between the two and, eventually, even a battle where Go may even challenge Ash on his use of Pokémon to battle and question how he's so different from him.

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

"Hibanny", the first Pokémon Go got, made him realize how fun it is to get Pokémon, so he now aims to get a ton of Pokémon in the forest! What kind of Pokémon will he gets as his companions?!

Summary:
Go has got his first Pokémon, "Hibanny"! Go noticed that his Pokémon Zukan got filled in when he got a Pokémon, which gave him a real interest in getting Pokémon! He immediately set off for the forests of the Kanto region alongside Satoshi in order to search for Pokémon there! And as he explores the forest, aiming to get a ton of Pokémon, he notices there's a lot of Bug Pokémon there and decides to attempt getting one of every species of Bug Pokémon from the Kanto region! What kind of Pokémon will he gets as his companions?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hibunny
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Shinichiro Miki: Parasect
Rikako Aikawa: Caterpie
Risa Shimizu: Poppo
Noriaki Kanze: Pigeon