• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's gotta be weird for people who are locked out of the loop like they're playing Shield and don't spend too much time on the interwebs and they get Melony's rare league card and it's like "who is this?"

That's gotta be weird for people who are locked out of the loop like they're playing Shield and don't spend too much time on the interwebs and they get Melony's rare league card and it's like "who is this?"
Well, Melony's card mentions him by name, but aside from that I can see people being confused by him not being in the game anywhere.

People who search for partners for Gmail raids only to stop searching even when everyone has selected their Pokémon are the absolute worst.

Getting pretty bored of the daily grind for Milcery sweets. These double battles with the café owners are now completely tedious - pitting my Lv100 Weezing and Coalossal against a <Lv20 Milcery and Swirlix just so that I can have a chance at getting a sweet is time-wasting overkill. Just let me buy them, or make Alcremie raids drop them (here's an idea, they could even have it so that G-Max Alcremie drop one of each kind, since they're decorated with all of the sweets).

Getting pretty bored of the daily grind for Milcery sweets. These double battles with the café owners are now completely tedious - pitting my Lv100 Weezing and Coalossal against a <Lv20 Milcery and Swirlix just so that I can have a chance at getting a sweet is time-wasting overkill. Just let me buy them, or make Alcremie raids drop them (here's an idea, they could even have it so that G-Max Alcremie drop one of each kind, since they're decorated with all of the sweets).
Even a random selection to pick one from would be preferable...

I'll admit I'm glad I don't necessarily want every form

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but am I the only one disappointed in the story? You basically ignore it until the championship match, and then its over in minutes. I don't even know what Rose's motivation was (does anyone?). Like when they started mentioning some problem 1000 yrs in the future, I was getting strong ORAS delta episode vibes and getting major hype, but in the end ... nothing. We don't even know what happened to Rose.

0/10, GF needs to stop churning out these games every year.

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but am I the only one disappointed in the story? You basically ignore it until the championship match, and then its over in minutes. I don't even know what Rose's motivation was (does anyone?). Like when they started mentioning some problem 1000 yrs in the future, I was getting strong ORAS delta episode vibes and getting major hype, but in the end ... nothing. We don't even know what happened to Rose.

0/10, GF needs to stop churning out these games every year.
No, you’re not the only one disappointed. I was also upset at the lackluster story.

You basically ignore it until the championship match, and then its over in minutes.

The story is more than just the evil villain plot. The story is also yours and Hop's and Sonia's and Bede's respective arcs.

I don't even know what Rose's motivation was (does anyone?).

He's pretty up-front about it:

"Our lives and society require various types of energy sources, such as electricity, natural gas, and water. My associate groups aim to improve everyone’s lives by harnessing the power stored in Wishing Stars!"

"Look around us, Leon! Look at the Galar region stretched out before us. And know that the energy required to keep this brilliant, glittering world alive will be exhausted a millennium from now! The people of Galar today will no longer even exist. What Galar wants today hardly matters! The future is more important than just one day! We must act as quickly as we possibly can! We must take action in order to avert tragedy! So that all can look forward to a better future!"

"It’s too bad, but it can’t be helped... In order to solve the energy issue as soon as possible, we awakened Eternatus. But we couldn’t control it."

According to him, Galar will exhaust all of its natural energy over the next thousand years, which is something he wants to prevent, as he has invested so much time and effort into using that energy to provide for the people of Galar. That's his motivation. To that end, he wants to awaken Eternatus and trigger the Darkest Day once again, which supposedly would sow the region with tons of energy.

That said, I think his impatience is poorly justified, certainly - he's not exactly wrong that the future is more important than a single sports match, but that match will literally take minutes to conduct. It's not actually going to make or break the next thousand years, or even fifty years, or one year - and Leon had already agreed to help him if he just waited until after the match. That part is absolutely a contrivance, just like the whole fiasco caused by his meeting with Leon at Rose Tower. (Could Leon have not simply sent Hop a text letting him know that he'd be running late? The Pokédex in these games is literally a smartphone...)

We don't even know what happened to Rose.

Like BackSet said, it's stated that he turned himself in.

Last edited:
Hey you know how we're always talking about how the galar fossils are based on the piltdown man.

Well, that may be partially true but it's much more highly likely it's based off the fact that rich people wanted to make it big in museums and didn't care about scientific integrity or ethics and instead said "stick any bone on anything and make a dinosaur!" To which the scientists said "but we need to study for accuracy." To which the rich dudes said "Do what I say or I'm pulling your funds!"

And thus we get innacurate skeletons that look nothing like the original ones.

The Galar Fossils are thought to be natural because, like the fake mix and match dino skeles of the real world 80s-90s, fake backstories were made up for them.

Also they want to die please put them out of theor misery.

Except, I don't think Cara Liss has any funding... Have you seen her resurrection machine? And (the lack of a) lab to work in?

Except, I don't think Cara Liss has any funding... Have you seen her resurrection machine? And (the lack of a) lab to work in?
Still. Fake dinos, fake backstory. And who cares, certainly not the Pokemon trainers who are getting a lot of bang for their buck (or lack thereof) with stuff like Fishious Rend or whatever it's called.

Somebldy should revoke Cara Liss' science liscence.

One dataminer suspects that Game Freak may actually have wanted to have all 18 Gyms be challengeable at some point in development, as there is a string of unused Trainer classes in the code that would accommodate two Gym Trainers per Minor League Gym.

Personally I don't think we should assume anything too specific, because dummied out data has led us all barking up the wrong trees before, but it is interesting.

Nice little detail: After you beat the game, the eight type-themed banners on Motostoke Stadium's exterior are all replaced with generic print banners featuring the League logo, because now that the Gym Challenge is over, the Gyms we battled have done their part, and there will need to be another qualifying tournament to decide the next year's Gyms.

In hindsight, I'm kind of sad I evolved my Corsola. Apparently it's much more useful (not to mention sturdier) if you don't evolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom