• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you were a Gym Leader...

What's your specialty?

• Normal

• Fire

• Water

• Electric

• Grass

• Ice

• Fighting

• Poison

• Ground

• Flying

• Psychic

• Bug

• Rock

• Ghost

• Dragon

• Dark

• Steel

• Fairy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even though I like the Electric and Ice types more, I think I would fit a Flying Gym more aesthetically, because I love the idea of flying and souring free.

My gym would be outdoors, where the challenger must face trainers along the way in small clearings in the middle of a dense forest. The final trainer gives them a ride up to the top of a tabletop mountain, where I will be waiting. The tabletop mountain stands high above the thick forest, living the skies wide and open for an intense battle.

I would have some combination of Talonflame, Vivillon, Pidgeot, Braviary, Honchkrow, and my ace being a Noivern.

I would use pokemon that could make a combo of using spikes, spider web, toxic spikes and use the move Sky Drop to make the oponent get one more time speed reduced and damaged by spikes or poisoned if they healed.

Another one, but for a fighting type.

He would be around the 3rd gym, and relevancy is that you find out he was an admin for the ET.

His gym would be based on Boxing and Professional Wrestling, with pokemon such as Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Riolu

The first 3 battles are single battles, then you enter a ring, facing 2 more people in a double battle before battling the gym leader

Trainer 1:
Hitmonchan - 21

Trainer 2:
Hitmonlee - 21

Trainer 3:
Hitmontop - 21

Trainers 4/5:

Pignite - 23
Riolu - 23

Monferno - 23
Meinfou - 23

The gym leader has full IVs in attack, and will use an X Attack at the start

Gym Leader - Kingston

Lucario - 26
Machamp - 28
Hawlucha - 31 (Main Pokemon)

He will make sure you can use traded mons up to 40 and gives you Dynamic Punch

Next time you encounter him is after the 5th gym, talking to some grunts, then walking off before they battle you.

The next encounter is before the 8th gym, and you battle him before challenging the boss

His Team is

Lucario (M) - 67
Machamp - 68
Poliwrath - 68
Meinshau - 68
Snorlax 71
Hawlucha - 75

Once defeated he walks off

The final encounter story-wise is before you fight the legendary, you are challenged by the Boss and another admin before he appears and teams up with you.

Post game his team is the same as his admin team but different moves and levels

use Whiscash in a water gym again and make it have Fake Out in the games.
("Cat" fish motive)

Because I voted for being a Water-type gym leader, I think my gym would be based on an aquarium. There would be a maze comprised of tanks full of Water-type Pokemon, and trainers scattered throughout that you'd have to battle, then I'd be at the back, staring at the largest tank in the gym. I'd preferably be a late-game gym (6th or 7th), though I'm not sure what role I'd play in the plot. My team would most likely consist of Samurott, Azumarill, Jellicent, and Gastrodon.

I would be a fire type gym leader and the first ever gym leader to have a starter Pokemon on his team (Blaziken). I would show up periodically throughout the game as a superhero to help out the protagonist against the evil team and I'd do the whole Masked Royale thing where it's pretty obvious who I am (I'm the only guy in the entire region with a Blaziken for Arceus' sake!) but I vehemently deny it. I would appear pretty late in the game probably anywehre from gyms 6 to 8.

My team would be:

• Ninetails
  • Arcanine
  • Talonflame
  • Alolan Marowak
  • Volcarona
  • (Mega) Blaziken

Also I'd have an optional post-game rematch where I use more varied Pokemon but Blaziken is still my ace.

I have a couple other ideas too but this is my main one.

I would be a fire type gym leader and the first ever gym leader to have a starter Pokemon on his team (Blaziken). I would show up periodically throughout the game as a superhero to help out the protagonist against the evil team and I'd do the whole Masked Royale thing where it's pretty obvious who I am (I'm the only guy in the entire region with a Blaziken for Arceus' sake!)
So... Blaziken mask who's a gym leader?

Gardenia and the water gym leader from sinnoh: Am I a joke to you
Gardenia does have a Turtwig but Crasher Wake (the water gym leader) has no starters.
... and if we're counting Elite 4, Flint has an Infernape.

I looked it up because it’s interesting, and Clair apparently uses a Charizard in rematch teams.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom