• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

I absolutely love the designs of Corviknight and Dragapult, used both through my main playthrough and built both up for competitive play.

Normally I wouldn't say this, but Greedent's design is by far the best design among the Rodent type Pokémon. Its chunky design and funny dex entries and having some pretty useful stats besides speed. Having encountered this guy in Max Raids a lot, I have come to like him a lot.

Impidimp, Galarian Darumaka, Alcremie, Purrserker, Nickit, Dubwool, Mr. Rime, Frostmoth, Applin, Appletun...

And I didn't think this would happen...but Blipbug, Dotler, and Orbeetle have grown on me considerbly the more I see them. The more I think about it I don't even think they're ladybugs and more like tortoise beetles.

so far Nickit and Thievul are the two main ones for me that where "love at first sight"
no surprise to some that know me, I love foxys, once I saw it loved it
those two I love the most (for Galar - also becoming the first two Galar {Pokemon I drawn)

also Alcremie, Zacian, Zamazenta, and Scorbunny are others I liked

I haven't even used a Snom yet. All I've done was see camp videos of it online, and yet it's still one of my favorites because of how absolutely precious it is.

Rolycoly's oddly cute to me, and Falinks is currently my desktop background, so I guess I love them, too!

wooloo. It's a cute, fluffy sheep. What's not to love. Also Dubwool.

I'd have to go with Perrserker. I really loved the design of G-Meowth and then it evolved into this amazing cheeky fucker that I can't help but love.

Persian who?

Top ten are:
  1. drednaw.gif
  2. orbeetle.gif
  3. sandaconda.gif
  4. toxtricity.gif
  5. duraludon.gif
  6. zacian-crowned-sword.gif
  7. eternatus.gif

8. corviknight.gif

9. dracovish.gif
  10. dottler.gif
It's totally not coincidental that the top five are on my first team...

Sizzlipede, Applin, Grookey are very good, and Thwackey, Centiskorch, Flapple, Corviknight and Runerigus are ok too.

I'm quite indifferent towards Rillaboom, Raboot, Rookidee, Eldegoss, Wooloo, Sandaconda, Arrokuda, Barraskewda, Clobbopus, Cursola, Pincurchin and Frosmoth.

I despise all the rest, with Cinderace, Drizzile, Intelleon, Orbeetle, Coalossal, Perrserker, Alcremie, Dragapult and the whole Impidimp line having a special place in my hateful heart. And then, there's the fossils.. oh my, those things..

Alcremie, closely followed by Sinistea and Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. Very rarely do I see a new Pokémon and know that I will have one on my team, but I was immediately sold with all of them. Alcremie especially had my eternal love when I saw how it ran and napped in camp.

I have a very soft spot for Nickit and Wooloo as well, but neither earned permanent spots in my team the way the others did - I don't enjoy their evolutions nearly as much.

I'm a huge fan of Corviknight. I haven't liked a new Pokemon this much in several generations.

I have to say I have been pleasently surprised by this batch of new mons. I really love some of them, and some of my new favorites are from Gen 8.

Alcreamie: I initally thought this was garbage when I saw the trailers. Boring and uninspired design and typing. But it's customizable! I loved trying to get all the flavors. And it's not as awful in battle as I thought it'd be. Pleasently surprised by this one.

Impidimp line: I had been wanting a dark/fairy pokemon since Gen 6. I wanted a fairy that was obscure, based around a scary myth or legend, and wasn't all pink, cutesy Tinkerbell-kind of fairy like a lot of Gen 6 fairies were. And I have to say it didn't disappoint. I love everything about it, it's shiny colors are gorgeous, it is actually very useful in battle. Overall one of my new favorites.

Corviknight: I find it's design so appealing. Just love, love, love for this pokemon.

Sinistea and Polteageist: I love the design and concept, but unfortunately this pokemon is not so good in a playthrough. I really wanted to use it but couldn't. it's slow and frail as hell and it's learnset is tragic, you really have to break some TRs to make it useful. I still like it though.

Frosmoth: another beautiful design, that is not so good in battle. I was expecting an Ice type Volcarona but this isn't nearly as useful. I still like the design a lot.

Copperajah: I really like elephants and the design grew on me after I caught a shiny one. It's nice but I hate the gigantamax for this one.

Zacian/Zamazenta: I also love wolves and wanted a more traditional wolf pokemon (I didn't consider Mightyena, Manectric etc to be wolves). I'm not super happy that they're legendaries as you can't really use those in a playthrough but I do love the designs.

Fapple: another pokemon I love and finally Grass/Dragon done right!

Dragapult: the dragons in this generation are really good! I love the concept and typing, and it's super fun to use in battles!

wow I honestly didn't expect to love so many new pokémon

Cinderace, not only does it have a great Hidden Ability, but it is also one of very few fully evolved Fire starters I like.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom