• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this still valid even when HMs are not a requirement anymore?
I think I'm kinda confused here. I was talking when there were HMs and why I don't want them to return. I would also oppose a system where you would need certain Pokémon for the same reason, since that would mean you would still need to dedicate spaces to Pokémon you don't want in your party.

I mean, when you boil it down, this is still just Poké Ride in terms of function. The only difference would be an additional sentence of dialogue somewhere saying "btw if you have a Mudsdale, it's actually your Mudsdale!", although there's really nothing stopping players from imagining that on their own already.
Yes, that is more or less the point since people were complaining about not using their own Pokémon.

Honestly, I'm glad HMs are dead and the likeliness of them not being revived is growing even more also makes me happy. They were very annoying in Hoenn due to the excessive need of them for progress in the story and I can imagine that they were also annoying in Sinnoh for the same exact reason.

Predictions for gym leader designs:
Roark: Would look mostly the same. If there is a change, maybe shorter hair.
Gardenia: Slight changes. Her shawl would look similar to Roserade's cape.
Maylene: Probably different clothing, but still gym attire.
Wake: I can see him getting a design change. It would be so cool if they also give him an entrance cutscene with new gears and stuff.
Fantina: Probably nothing too different.
Byron: Same.
Candice and Volkner: I have a feeling either one of the two is going to get a major design change (like how Morty changes from his GSC design to his HGSS design). The other would mostly remain the same. I'm leaning towards Candice getting major changes.

Last edited:
I feel like most of the bigger design changes would be for some of the Elite Four members. Like Aaron, because he's honestly so unremarkable as is. I can see Flint getting a notable redesign too, but I'm not sure why him in particular.

At most, I see slight updates and added detail to some of the other characters. Most character designs from gen 4 onwards are pretty solid, imo.

The biggest redesign for the Gen 4 Remake would be the use and new lore surrounding Dynamax/Gigantamax in Sinnoh. Perhaps in connection with Giratina and the Reverse World, just like Rayquaza is to Mega Evolution in ORAS. But aside that, hardly much since there was hardly much for SwSh.

Well, if they're keeping character custimization, which they have no reason not to do, then it's perfectly possible for her to wear pants.

Except we shouldn't count on it because Game Freak is a Japanese company that is greedy, lazy, and only cares about the money and will dissapoint us like always. There, I preempted your complaints. Any other insults towards Game Freak I'm forgetting?

Well see that one's actually fair. But aren't we all?
It's more or less of what I called them when they didn't have a game involving the Time and Space legendaries during Gen 7 because it fit with the generation's theme of alternate worlds and space stuff.

I agree but also can't judge because I've missed so many opportunities myself (though most of them were genius insults I missed so they might not count).

At least you didn't think about a game that could make you a millionaire, but didn't pursue it because "it will never catch on".
I've considered a lot of things that could make me a millionaire or at least temporarily internet famous. I'm just super, duper lazy,

I've considered a lot of things that could make me a millionaire or at least temporarily internet famous. I'm just super, duper lazy,
What I meant is, I thought years ago about a game that was pretty similar to Fortnite, but based on The Hunger Games, but I didn't do anything because I thought it would never go anywhere. How wrong I was...

What I meant is, I thought years ago about a game that was pretty similar to Fortnite, but based on The Hunger Games, but I didn't do anything because I thought it would never go anywhere. How wrong I was...
Oooh. I thought you were making fun of Game Freak (since that seems to be the topic of the day) though I couldn't figure out how.

Yeah, wow, that sucks.

Now that I think about it, technically Minecraft did the whole battle royale hunger games thing first with the Survival Games thing lot's of servers have. Sure it's player-made but still

Except we shouldn't count on it because Game Freak is a Japanese company that is greedy, lazy, and only cares about the money and will dissapoint us like always. There, I preempted your complaints.
Er, I don’t think @Grass Type Gardenia’s comment was a dig at GameFreak‘s supposed laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom