• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that this will be an expansion of the Pichu episode. It would be cool if they explored Oak's past, too.

Predictions:
A Celebi movie remake with an update on Oak's childhood story.
We get to see an expanded story on Oak, how he grew up, got married, his life as the leading pokemon professor, some Gary Oak cameo, and the Celebi event.

Why the Celebi movie out of all the previous installments that could be milked for cash? Was the Celebi movie the most successful Pokemon film or something?

I know that Ash has only gotten like 60% of the spotlight in the new series as opposed to 75% like he used to get from OS through SuMo, but y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you really think that Ash will be pushed to side character status in a Pokemon movie. :X3:

They also billed it as Ash and Pikachu's next adventure. Go may be in the movie, but they didn't list his VA or Scorbunny's.
And also the fact that Go is in the same tier as Ash in the Main Series. So instead of "Ash and Pikachu's Next Adventure", the blurb should have said "Ash and Go's Next Adventure" but it didn't. So it's safe to assume that this is AU.

Not really because it's such limited information and Ash was prioritized in most DP movies. Not to mention that the art style doesn't imply an AU.

All we know about it is that Ash, Pikachu and the TRio still have their obligatory letter stating that "Thy must appear in every Pokémon film" and that their voice actors will be in it.

It's either more AU stuff, returning back to the regular Legendary focused movie formula or something else involving those characters.

Well the Rocket trio only got silent cameos in the Keldeo movie...

It's also worth remembering that neither Kasumi's nor Takeshi's voice actors were ever listed in any of the promotional material for Movie 22. Gou not being listed *now* doesn't necessarily mean he's not going to be in the new film.

With the upcoming Pokemon direct tomorrow, does anyone think it is possible for them to show off a new Gen VIII mythical that could potentially star in M23? Ever since M5, all Pokemon movies have featured a mythical Pokemon, so I'd say it is basically guaranteed for M23 to feature one as well.

As seen with Zeraora and Meltan/Melmetal, the Pokemon Company is open to the idea of introducing new mythical Pokemon after the start of a generation. In addition, so far we don't have a mythical Pokemon for Gen VIII, while there has been at least one mythical Pokemon for each Gen since the very beginning. So Game Freak might just do (gasp!) DLC for Sword/Shield and introduce a mythical Pokemon that is not even in the game data tomorrow, thus keeping with tradition as well as giving M23 a new mythical Pokemon to revolve its plot around.

Of course, M8, M13, and M22 featured a returning mythical Pokemon, so it is not outside the realm of possibility for M23 to give us nothing new.

DLC for mythicals is likely, as there are two placeholders in SwSh. That won't necessarily be announced tomorrow, though.

I was just thinking along the lines that they are later than usual for the first teaser, so it might be possible that they are waiting until the direct reveals a new Mythical before showing off the first teaser which could give us a glimpse of said Pokemon.

On the other hand, the first trailer for Pokemon movies come out much later, so they also have some leeway before they have to introduce a new mythical Pokemon, that is assuming if it even exists.

I don't know why'd wait for a mythical reveal to unveil the basic outline of the movie. I would hate if this movie were heavily mythical-centric after the last three movies (even Movie 1 and its remake didn't really focus on Mew).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom