• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
*whispers* i refuse. no.
*Whispers* I was talking to the boss man.

I still don't understand your objection to watching a nuzlocke, but you are welcome to watch what you want. I'll be doing a non-nuzlocke challenge after I lose or complete this one. And ME is doing a normal let's play.

yeah. what's actually really odd is that, aside from my starter, all of the Pokemon on my team so far (which is 3 as of where I stopped recording) are female. I'm not resetting for that, but it just kinda happened. The only thing I reset for was Heracross's level and ability, since I didn't want to raise a level 5 Heracross, or one without Guts.

I'm kind of curious as to why this section is a subsection of F&G. Why not move it up a level and put it in the Bulbagarden Game Corner alongside F&G and Roleplaying games? If there's problems with filling up games, maybe it'd help attract a few more players here by making it more visible to possible newcomers.

Like, F&G games are generally quite simple and repetitive, and I could understand why someone would dismiss the section completely without checking TWR out. I know I did for the longest time. I think this place is distinct enough from the usual F&G fare to be considered something separate. Roleplaying games and Fizzy bubbles are far less active than here, and it feels strange that in contrast to them, TWR is relegated to a sub-sub-section.

Hi there guys,

I'm just trying to guage interest in a generation style mafia game, but set within the Pokemon TCG boundaries. So there would still be a HP system, an evolution system, etc etc. I'm gonna use an old card as an example of what a role PM would look like.

Dear <Name>
1584854947329.png

You are Bulbasaur! From the Base Set Expansion!

You are a Grass-type with 40HP
Your Weakness is the Fire-type.
You have no resistance.
You have one move, Leech Seed, which does 20 Damage with the following effect: Unless all damage from this attack is prevented, you may heal 10HP.

I've had this in the backburner for a little while as a way to spread out the generation games as Gen V is not near completion yet, and I wouldn't mind using this as a game in the gap.
A couple notes for the game:
-Energy wouldn't exist, there would be downsides to using moves that cost more energy, but these would vary depending on card to card.
-Item cards would be a thing, whether they be potions or more advanced ones.
-The game would most likely consist of more older cards than new, such as EX or Level-X cards being the strongest cards, as I don't know much about the newer ones.
-Pokebodies or Poke-abilities would exist, and again these would vary from card to card, but they would provide passive or active actions.
-Not all moves would do as they say, obviously.

If people would like to see this please let me know so I can stick it in the queue, if people do not want it then that's ok of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom