• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

Well, I'm not entirely sure what vibe I'm going for exactly but there's only one Magical Girl so theme naming is right out.

I dunno, all I've got is ghost powers and a purple and black color scheme. I just need a name.

Well, I'm not entirely sure what vibe I'm going for exactly but there's only one Magical Girl so theme naming is right out.

I dunno, all I've got is ghost powers and a purple and black color scheme. I just need a name.

How about Myst Tery? As in "mystery", due to the ghost concept. Or maybe Phantina, a play on Fantina's name from Pokemon? Do any of those sound good?

Now, it's my turn. In Chaos Rising we're going to be engaging in the next Infinator attack. He'll be sending one of his new Demon Generals into the mix, a Shade Wing (essentially a vampire, with an appearance that's somewhat of a cross between Myotismon and Shademan.EXE), but I don't have a name for him. He'll be, more or less, a one-shot character, as defeating the Generals is important to stopping Infinator's forces, but I need a name for him. With the exception of Sylph, every Demon General goes by their title + name, so this guy would be General _____, but that's where the blank is coming in. I was thinking maybe using a certain genesis of bats for his name a la Myotismon, but I'm not sure which one would be good if I do decide to go that route. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

You could always start by looking up names which mean “ghost”. Then again, it’s unlikely to find names like that because people try to name their children auspicious things... The only one I found was:

Drogo - an old English name which could mean ghost (from Anglo-Saxon “drog”, or ghost)

It also turns out that Ghost is a fairly common last name, so that might be helpful for you.

I also looked at names which mean “spirit”:

Dušan
Duško
Hugh
Manoja
Hugleikr
Manas
Chi

Not sure if you want to use any of those, but they might give you a starting point.

EDIT: ninja’d. Posted before I saw you’d found a name

You could always start by looking up names which mean “ghost”. Then again, it’s unlikely to find names like that because people try to name their children auspicious things... The only one I found was:

Drogo - an old English name which could mean ghost (from Anglo-Saxon “drog”, or ghost)

It also turns out that Ghost is a fairly common last name, so that might be helpful for you.

I also looked at names which mean “spirit”:

Dušan
Duško
Hugh
Manoja
Hugleikr
Manas
Chi

Not sure if you want to use any of those, but they might give you a starting point.

EDIT: ninja’d. Posted before I saw you’d found a name
This is helpful too.

I'm looking for a name for an evil team. They're basically an inversion or corruption of the typical fairytale knight dynamic, and their goal is to eliminate all Dragon-types because at least in this version of history, dragons terrorized humans before humans developed the technology to control them/fight back(Or something along those lines). They primarily use Steel-types, but also Ice and maybe Fairy-types. Technically I already have an idea for a name, Team Paladin, but I would like to see if there are any suggestions that I like better. Thanks to anyone who gives a suggestion!

Comin' here again for an admittedly cruel request.

Anyone know of names that have like, unfortunate connotations. Like, any sort of religious/obscure names that translate to something depreciating like 'foolish one', 'foolhardy', 'weak'.

I feel like I want to come up with a Butt-Monkey character.

@awsome_zman
I like Team Paladin, but if you're looking for alternatives, maybe a play on "a knight in shining armour" would work.
Team Saviour? Team Gallant? Team Chivalry? Team Shining?

Team Halcyon - Halcyon means "a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful", which is linked to your team's goals.

I looked at some more archaic words too.
Team Byrnie - Byrnie is an old French/English word for chain mail armour
Team Panoply - "panoply" is an archaic word meaning a full suit of armour. (The word is currently used to mean "a large variety")

@Chidamari Sketch
Nimrod - its origins are from the Old Testament, where it might have meant "rebel", but it's now a slang word for "fool".
Raka - an Aramaic nickname meaning "empty headed".
Nabal - another Biblical name often translated as "fool", though its root meaning was "wilt" and then "failure".
Claudius - a Roman name meaning "lame" or "crippled"
Brutus - another Roman name, means "brute" - a lack of reasoning or intelligence, reliance on force, stupidity.

I need a bit of help coming up with a team name for a duo of magical girls for a story I'm working on. They have a fire-and-ice motif, with the individual names Crimson Blaze and Crystal Frost. But I want them to have a team name as well. The only one I could come up with Glacial Flare, but I don't think that has enough oomph to it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I apologize in advance for tooting my own horn, but, if you haven't been following my BulbaBlog about my Fake region of Uthingo, based on South Africa, I'm pretty big on Fakemon. However, that's not why I'm mentioning this particular blog. I am trying to think of names for the eight gym leaders. (Rock, Normal, Fire, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Ice, Fairy). I'm terrible with human names.

Okay, I need some ideas. In Chaos Rising, we're approaching the bit where the Spiria first start to emerge (as a result of the Light Lighthouse getting "activated"). Spiria are, in essence, energy beings in solid form that each represent one element in Zakota (think the Djinni from Golden Sun), which are Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Ice, Lightning, Nature, Light and Dark. However, since they're sentient creatures, they all have individual names that reflect their particular element (ie: Celtic's first Spiria, as he's the one who "discovers" their reemergence, is a Wind Spiria named Gust).

Now, this is where things get tricky. I need some element-based names to give them. I've got a few names already down, such as Jolt (Lightning), Slate (Earth), Geyser (Water), and so on, but since the main cast (as in Celtic's party) will each have 5 Spiria (and other characters will obtain at least one at some point), I need more names for them (and in general). Despite the fact that Spiria are genderless, they can have gender-specific names if it corresponds with their element (ie: Geo for an Earth Spiria or Lilly for a Nature Spiria), so names like that are allowed (though don't go full-tilt with Pokemon character names like Brock and the like). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I apologize in advance for tooting my own horn, but, if you haven't been following my BulbaBlog about my Fake region of Uthingo, based on South Africa, I'm pretty big on Fakemon. However, that's not why I'm mentioning this particular blog. I am trying to think of names for the eight gym leaders. (Rock, Normal, Fire, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Ice, Fairy). I'm terrible with human names.

Hmm, how about Petra for rock, Frieda for ice, and Celeste for fairy? (I can't really think of any for the others right now, sorry lol)

Back
Top Bottom