• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the craziest idea, but at the same time, it's what Game Freak tends to do anyway. So, that statue depicting Dialga and Palkia fused together, what if that became a form change for them? Yes, it sounds crazy, but Game Freak has been known to dabble in Pokemon fusion themselves as was the case with Kyurem and Necrozma.
Perhaps with Eternatus with Dialga and Palkia. But also maybe Giratina as well?

I have developed the idea further and maybe it could have two temporary forms depending on whether it's holding the Adamant or the Lustrous Orbs.

I just had the craziest idea, but at the same time, it's what Game Freak tends to do anyway. So, that statue depicting Dialga and Palkia fused together, what if that became a form change for them? Yes, it sounds crazy, but Game Freak has been known to dabble in Pokemon fusion themselves as was the case with Kyurem and Necrozma.
I have developed the idea further and maybe it could have two temporary forms depending on whether it's holding the Adamant or the Lustrous Orbs.
Adamant and Lustrous forms or Gigantamaxing forms?
The Adamant and Lustrous forms
This seems pretty plausible. Like you said, they've done fusions in the past. Perhaps there could even be a tie-in with Dyanamx/Gigantamax (or a reskin of those mechanics) as was the case with Ultra Necrozema.

Last edited:
I don't think that it won't matter much because it's only in Platinum.

Nope. Only in Platinum. Diamond and Pearl each had a statue of their respective box legend.
I just checked my copy of Diamond and the fusion statue is there.

Edit: I was ninja'd by @prog rocker.

Edit 2: Picture proof if you don’t want to watch the video.
7FA52347-2260-4C9B-832F-626AAFEF25CB.jpeg

Last edited:
The Pokedex would essentially be Platinum's with maybe a few tweaks.
That wouldn’t work with Dexit now. A lot of Pokémon will have literally no Gen 8 game they can go to if that happens.

No thanks... I just think the statues were made that way to make it ambiguous.

That wouldn’t work with Dexit now. A lot of Pokémon will have literally no Gen 8 game they can go to if that happens.

No thanks... I just think the statues were made that way to make it ambiguous.
The plate below them is of the respective box legend. In Platinum, it's been torn off through unknown means.

Yeah. And they don't right now either. I honestly don't think they intend to necessarily stop that from happening, especially because it's already the case until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom