• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promises to be a very exciting episode

Brief Summary courtesy of Serebii:

The third episode features Ash & Go travel to Galar to watch the Pokémon World Championships final between Lance and the undefeated trainer in Galar, Leon
Lance is back, everyone! Prepare for a showdown of Champions!

Also, I'm excited at the prospect of the World Championship! The idea that a world tournament exists where all of the region's Champions battle against each other has excited me since B2W2 and made me hopeful we might one day see something like it in the anime. Even if we end up seeing only the final battle of the tournament in this episode, that would really excite me.

I'm also curious whether Lance will use Dynamax here. That certainly seems logical given the title and the fact it takes place in Galar.

Summary and Staff lists courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Professor Sakuragi has given Satoshi and Go tickets to the finals of the "Pokémon World Championships", the tournament that decides the best Pokémon Trainer in the world. The two of them set off to the Galar region, where the stadium is located, to see this match with their own eyes. The finals is between Wataru, the winner of the Elite Four Cup in the Kanto region, and Dande, whose undefeated record in the Galar region keeps growing. Just how skilled IS this undefeated man Dande?

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)

With Lance returning, I would be intested to see how the writers would deal with his interactions with Ash. Like with Brock and Misty in SM, they'll have to reintroduce Lance, as none of the target audience would've been born until long after his last appearance in AG. Making it as if Ash and Lance never met each other would be even worse.

PS: There's an ongoing event in Masters promoting Lance (and Cynthia). Although the event will end long before this episode airs.

I guess we were right about the introduction of a world championship. There's a good chance we finally figured out what Ash's overarching goal for the series will be. The way I see it there are two ways a world championship could work in this series. Either a series of tournaments held in every region or the Galar league will transformed into the champions league, and we will see a traditional gym circuit with one Galar gym leader running a gym in each of the regions.

Okay this could be awesome, even if it's just a standalone. It might be used to convince Ash to enter the Galar league so he can face Leon, or to participate in the next World Championship.
I imagine Leon is going to beat Lance based off the title and summary; plus they don't want to bring in a guy whose "Undefeated" title is a notable part of their story and then immediately undo it.

As for continuity I wouldn't be surprised if they have Lance and Ash never meet to avoid having to do anything either way.

Oh finally! The ONE thing I've been wanting most from this sorry excuse of a saga finally happens!

Heck, 2 of them with Leon gracing us.

Hopefully this means we'll finally get a plot or a storyline.

Finally another Galar focused episode, with more Dynamax, and Leon's debut. This should be good, and hopefully this time they'll actually bring up Galar's gym Challenge and Ash will decide to take part in it.

The only thing that bums me out is Lance being here. Could they really not have just used Raihan, Leon's canon rival, who's also a Dragon trainer, and a Galar character? Seriously, this show is already probably gonna give Kanto more focus than any other region. The least they could do is focus entirely on new characters when in the new region, but nah, of course they'd rather just shove a Kanto trainer in here, as if they're aren't 100 other places they could have used Lance. :rolleyes:

With Lance being in this episode, I wonder if they’ll refer to him as the Kanto Champion like they did for Steven in the Mega Evolution Special.
Technically, he was referred to as Champion already in Johto. AG just decided to randomly call him an Elite Four member, likely due to FireRed and LeafGreen.
I'm also curious whether Lance will use Dynamax here. That certainly seems logical given the title and the fact it takes place in Galar.
Even if he doesn't, it'd probably be awesome to see how good of a fight Lance puts up against a Dynamax Pokémon.
And that they completely forget about the latter's Red Gyarados.
Lance has been confirmed to have a regular Gyarados too in the anime. Him not using the red one wouldn't contradict anything we already know.
Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Oh, boy! That's some talented people working with this episode! I expect high-scale epicness!
As for continuity I wouldn't be surprised if they have Lance and Ash never meet to avoid having to do anything either way.
Even if they don't interact, Ash could still recognize him.
The only thing that bums me out is Lance being here. Could they really not have just used Raihan, Leon's canon rival, who's also a Dragon trainer, and a Galar character? Seriously, this show is already probably gonna give Kanto more focus than any other region. The least they could do is focus entirely on new characters when in the new region, but nah, of course they'd rather just shove a Kanto trainer in here, as if they're aren't 100 other places they could have used Lance. :rolleyes:
This is a tournament for Champions. Raihan isn't officially recognized as a Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom