• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regarding Bottle Caps

Pink_Lady

Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but~

My Pokemon are all level 100 now and, like an idiot, I held off on using my Exp. candies because I wasn't sure if they were something you could use after the fact. I've noticed, however, that Bottle Caps (And therefore Mr. Hyper, though I've yet to run into him...) are available once again, so what do you think the best way to harvest Bottle Caps would be? Raid Battles (since that's where I got my first I believe) or the Digging Duo, seeing as I've amassed nearly 200K Watts (if so, which of the two locations? Or is there no difference?)

In Ultra Moon I found a great fishing spot and literally just sat there and fished until I had enough to max out each of my Pokemon's stats that weren't already listed as "Best", but you can't seem to do that anymore.

Overall, I'd say that the Battle Tower is the best place for bottle caps. One of the BP shops there sells them, plus you can get some for reaching certain milestones in the Tower itself. However, I know this method isn't for everyone, and it's pretty time consuming.

If you're gonna grind for them in the Wild Area, I'd go with the skilled brother of the Digging Duo. Better odds of rarer items, including the fossils not native to the version you're playing. And while that's also a pretty decent time sink, one thing I did like that Game Freak did was make the ZL and ZR buttons function as secondary A buttons, so you can mash-alternate (you know, mash both buttons quickly, one after the other) to make it go quicker. Another piece of advice with that is to either clear out the Treasures section of your bag aside from bottle caps (giving items you don't want to sell to anything in your boxes (most likely fossils, but can include other things)), or favorite the bottle caps and sort the section by favorites so they appear at the top and are easy to keep count of.

Best bet is gonna be Battle Tower and sometimes raids. The skilled digging brother can dig them up but the chances are incredibly low.

Ugh, I really don't trust myself to do well in the Battle Tower, though... just the THOUGHT is giving me PTSD flashbacks to the Battle Subway in BW and getting enough BPs to buy up all the TMs there... (unless it's like the Battle Tree where there's a cup that allows you to have my level 100 Pokemon against their level 50 Pokemon... I LIKED that XD)

Honestly, with those being my options, I'd rather try my luck with the Digging Brothers. With over 200K watts; I get 200 tries if I leave myself a cushion of 100K while simultaneously continuing to mine more Watts VIA raids and potentially getting Bottle Caps from them. Even if the chances are low, I'm bound to get at least a FEW. (Plus, I do consider myself pretty lucky when it comes to things like this, hahaha)

Though, it's looking like I'm going to have to do at least a few rounds in the Battle Tower anyway just to unlock the silly feature that shows me how good/bad my stats are. Ugh... I guess it'll at least be a way to see how I fare in the Battle Tower and see if maybe I would be better off doing it that way...

Ugh, I really don't trust myself to do well in the Battle Tower, though... just the THOUGHT is giving me PTSD flashbacks to the Battle Subway in BW and getting enough BPs to buy up all the TMs there... (unless it's like the Battle Tree where there's a cup that allows you to have my level 100 Pokemon against their level 50 Pokemon... I LIKED that XD)

Honestly, with those being my options, I'd rather try my luck with the Digging Brothers. With over 200K watts; I get 200 tries if I leave myself a cushion of 100K while simultaneously continuing to mine more Watts VIA raids and potentially getting Bottle Caps from them. Even if the chances are low, I'm bound to get at least a FEW. (Plus, I do consider myself pretty lucky when it comes to things like this, hahaha)

Though, it's looking like I'm going to have to do at least a few rounds in the Battle Tower anyway just to unlock the silly feature that shows me how good/bad my stats are. Ugh... I guess it'll at least be a way to see how I fare in the Battle Tower and see if maybe I would be better off doing it that way...
My understanding is the Battle Tower is much easier than normal; aside from bosses your opponents apparently don't Dynamax, and you can bring Legendaries to smash through things.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom