• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
As someone who’s a fan of the original musical and resents the existence of the current film, I sincerely apologize for what you had to witness. Jellicle cats are usually better than what you witnessed on the big screen. * Grumbles about how it should’ve been animated -_- *
I'm not really a fan of musicals in general.

Natalceon, I know that this is kind of a sudden, but... With me being a prince with the power to hand out royal titles... Would you like to become a princess? You're definitely pretty and kind enough to be one.

I don't want to face those either.
why?
they're greeeat
As someone who’s a fan of the original musical and resents the existence of the current film, I sincerely apologize for what you had to witness. Jellicle cats are usually better than what you witnessed on the big screen. * Grumbles about how it should’ve been animated -_- *
the first cat contestant or whatever UNZIPPED HER SKIN LIKE WHAT
Natalceon, I know that this is kind of a sudden, but... With me being a prince with the power to hand out royal titles... Would you like to become a princess? You're definitely pretty and kind enough to be one.
and i can't be a princess?
sobs

I mean, I don’t discount the experience. Sun and Moon were phenomenal games, not because they challenged me (in actuality, I recall being bored by the level of difficulty in SuMo), but because I actually enjoyed exploring the new region and getting to know the new Pokémon.
You see, I could never call SuMo phenomenal games.They were different, and that was good... And they weren't bad games... But they were just.... boringly easy.

Which is why Black 2 and White 2 shall forever be the best Pokemon Games ever (tm). Because I feel that those games are the ones that gave me the most challenge. They also had the best story, but that's not relevant.

[censored] that Jellicent. I'll get you back, one day!

I enjoyed the experience of exploring Alola and trying out the different Trials, instead of boring old Gym Battles. While it certainly wasn't a challenge for the likes of ME, I could, essentially, just sit back and enjoy the game while having fun in a brand new region.

I like it, though I can understand it not being for everyone.

One thing I do like in SuMo, though, is that you can actually catch the Beldum family before the aftergame. It's, like, one of two games where that's possible.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the games... I just don't think they were phenomenal.

To me, the word phenomenal implies a pretty much perfect game. Great graphics, great audio, great story, perfect level of challenge, amazing characters, etc.

Things I liked:
Lillie.
The trials.
Ride Pokemon
Many of the pokemon
Actually having all the pokemon up to that point, including Megas.

Things I didn't like
Hau (or whatever the rivals name was)
Team Skull
lack of difficulty
Many of the pokemon
The hand holdy nature of the game.

The story itself was hit and miss, but I think USUM had a better story than SM.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the games... I just don't think they were phenomenal.

To me, the word phenomenal implies a pretty much perfect game. Great graphics, great audio, great story, perfect level of challenge, amazing characters, etc.

Things I liked:
Lillie.
The trials.
Ride Pokemon
Many of the pokemon
Actually having all the pokemon up to that point, including Megas.

Things I didn't like
Team Skull
lack of difficulty
Many of the pokemon
The hand holdy nature of the game.

The story itself was hit and miss, but I think USUM had a better story than SM.
Okay. Maybe "phenomenal" was a bit too strong of a word. That said, SuMo/USUM are still the best Pokemon games we've gotten this side of B2W2.

I will actually disagree with you on disliking Team Skull, since I actually like them quite a bit as a "parody" evil organization, and I enjoy taking down the Grunts and Guzma himself. It's always a lot of fun. Hau does suck, though.

As for the game's story...well, I really don't like the Ultra Beasts. That's one of the things about the games that was a complete missed potential. By making the Ultra Beasts catchable, you're making them into Pokemon. Yes, ridiculously powerful Pokemon, but we've had Legendaries before, and all the Ultra Beasts do is create more pointless bloat in the Legendary/Mythical pile. The way Nintendo was hyping up Ultra Beasts made me hope that they were going to be something else entirely, but nope.

SOS battling for shinies is great, though.

Okay. Maybe "phenomenal" was a bit too strong of a word. That said, SuMo/USUM are still the best Pokemon games we've gotten this side of B2W2.
I still disagree with you about that. I think ORAS was better.

I will actually disagree with you on disliking Team Skull, since I actually like them quite a bit as a "parody" evil organization, and I enjoy taking down the Grunts and Guzma himself. It's always a lot of fun.
The thing about Team Skull is that they didn't really feel like an evil team.

With Teams Rocket through to Flare, we have an idea of what their goal is, and why we must stop them... Why was I fighting the Grunts or Guzma? Why did I have to stop them?

I mean, sure... stopping them from stealing pokemon is a decent reason...but it's not a world-ending threat. I made me feel more that these people needed counselling rather than a thrashing from an 11-year-old with magical creatures.

Hau does suck, though.
^

As for the game's story...well, I really don't like the Ultra Beasts. That's one of the things about the games that was a complete missed potential. By making the Ultra Beasts catchable, you're making them into Pokemon. Yes, ridiculously powerful Pokemon, but we've had Legendaries before, and all the Ultra Beasts do is create more pointless bloat in the Legendary/Mythical pile. The way Nintendo was hyping up Ultra Beasts made me hope that they were going to be something else entirely, but nope.
I agree with that. When I first heard about them, I thought they were a different species of magical creature that is separate from Pokemon. They wouldn't be in my pokedex, because they aren't pokemon kinda thing. Maybe the story could have been about the struggles of ultra beasts and pokemon and humans all trying to live in harmony and failing.

SOS battling for shinies is great, though.
I'll agree with that. I got my shiny riolu via SOS battling so I'm very happy with that result.

why?
they're greeeat
The cats in the musical? Those look creepy. Real cars are way better.
and i can't be a princess?
sobs
You can't. Because you're not a girl
Things I didn't like
:lapras::lapras::lapras:

Joking aside, I personally like Hau. Especially in the Ultra games, where his character arc is more fleshed out. Him being the final main game boss does him so much justice IMO.
lack of difficulty
Weren't the trials in USUM, or at least some of them, improved in quality compared to SM?
The thing about Team Skull is that they didn't really feel like an evil team.
That's the point. Alola kinda reset the concept of evil teams and made Team Skull into sympathetic bad guys, who have no overly big plans and are considered mostly harmless even in-game.

I mean, sure... stopping them from stealing pokemon is a decent reason...but it's not a world-ending threat.
I mean, this was Team Rocket in a nut shell. They're just more of a group of hooligans in comparison to Team Rocket being the Pokemon Mafia.

I mean, this was Team Rocket in a nut shell. They're just more of a group of hooligans in comparison to Team Rocket being the Pokemon Mafia.
One of my criticisms of team rocket is also their lack of purpose. But at least they wanted to take over the world. Team Skull just didn't have a point to them.

Though my main criticism of Team Rocket is "It's been 24 years... ENOUGH ALREADY!" :p

Back
Top Bottom