• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

I guess... The designs seemed weird. Serebii lists the new legendary birds as Galarian forms... is that verified? I find that somehow hard to believe. They appear noticeably more "edgy".
I don't think anything can be "verified" until officially revealed. But I do think those looked like Galarian Forms of the birds. And I hate it. Stupid Kanto special treatment.

I don't think anything can be "verified" until officially revealed. But I do think those looked like Galarian Forms of the birds. And I hate it. Stupid Kanto special treatment.
Are they even common enough to undergo the regional form process? Since that’s essentially real life evolution equivalent. My first thought was shadow bird trio or something, since all of them gave a "corrupted" feel to me.

Copy pasting the info from the dedicated thread.

Costs $30 (source reddit, couldn’t watch the end of the direct since the livestream had something go wrong (?)

Parts: Isle of Armor, Tropical Themed, June 2020 release.
Has a Kungfu vaguely canine legendary with two forms depending on version- Dark/Fighting in sword and Fighting/Water in Shield. Form dependent Gigantamax.
Theme; Growth
Features a Dojo with Leon's Mentor called Mustard.
New rivals, Posion/Fairy (I forgot) for Sword, Psychic for Shield.

Crown Tundra
Theme:
Exploration (Yay!)
Had a Grass Calyx ruler legendary with a deer head. Is an icy area. Has a temple, ruins.
A certain person appoints you for expedition.
  • New legendaries related to the Regis and what looks like Legendary Birds but edgier.
  • LOTS of new customisation, with some of the bike. It’s possible that locked into exploration gear in the Tundra.
  • What looks like an underground, with legendary Max raids.
  • Entire thing works like the Wild Area with free exploration and free camera.
  • Implies 200+ additions to the Pokémon available in Galar. Games without pass will get a free update to allow trade for said new additions. Include Volcarona and Kingdra.
  • An update today (I think?) gives you Galarian Slowpoke which used fire moves, will evolve into Slowbro/Slowking with items from the Isle or the Tundra. You also meet the new rivals.
  • Gigantamax Galar and remaining Kanto Starters.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up. What’s going on? Are leaks happening again?

More consistency to the Galarian language. It's supposed to look like Englihs I guess, and individual words are often recognisable, but when you start comparing words, you'll see the same letter can have several corresponding symbols. I just want the font to be usable :(

galar Slowking and Slowbro better be different, psychic/ghost slowking and psychic/poison, electric Slowbro? with new moves and abilities....

Hope maybe some more new ghost pokemon, this gen felt weak when it comes to them.

More physical fairy and psychic type moves... Comet punch re-typing?

weird that Wushu pokemon fighting/dark and fighting/water, fairy or ghost would be more appeling but ok....

would make the new pokemon gain better secondary and hidden abilites.

Bring back old moves but buffed, re-typed and changed all in a good way of course.

(Spider web like octolock, Spirit Shackle- trapping +speed reduction or grudge effect???
Comet punch becoming a fairy type move )

weird that teatime only affect berries because potions also should be taken into that and weird that the move doesnt affect the effects of held berries or items, or maybe make a gigantamax form with a gigantamax move that not only makes them eat berries but get a bad status condtion and damage instead of healing? or a new move to do that too?

Last edited:
Allow Eternatus to Gigantamax into the Eternamax form with far less stats than the Eternamax Eternatus fought at the climax of the story.

Talonflame getting a little re-nerfed Gale Wings, maybe to 25% taking we got Dragapult and many strong pokemon now to counter it.

Ok, so I'd like to be able to customise the rotom phone to different colours. Additional apps like a rematch function and rotom camera would be nice too. I might not have spend a ton of time with the pokefinder, that and the photoclub were still a fun timesink and i feel like it could only be more interesting in Galar. Really, for a phone, the rotom phone doesn't have much functionality...

Ok, so I'd like to be able to customise the rotom phone to different colours. Additional apps like a rematch function and rotom camera would be nice too. I might not have spend a ton of time with the pokefinder, that and the photoclub were still a fun timesink and i feel like it could only be more interesting in Galar. Really, for a phone, the rotom phone doesn't have much functionality...

It just occurred to me that these games don't have the usual Vs. Recorder item (as far as I can tell, anyway). Which like, I don't exactly miss since I never used it, but that seems like a "throw it on the Rotom Phone as an app"-worthy feature, at least. We can already see than Raihan uses his phone like that.

Edit: Hell, just for fun, let's completely reimagine the Rotom Phone. You can access it from the menu, and from there, it pulls up a smartphone-like screen layout. Along the top, it displays the time and date, as well as small icons representing the weather in your current in-game location, as well as whether or not you're online (which, as with the Y-Comm, can be toggled on or off with the + button). Along the bottom screen, there are six Poké Ball icons, representing your party members' respective statuses. Pressing any of these works as a shortcut to that Pokémon's summary screen. (By the way, this would all work a lot better if Sword & Shield made use of the Switch's touchscreen, which I don't understand why they opted not to.)

There are multiple pages of space for app icons, which you receive throughout the game like the Pokétch in DPP. You can move the icons around or delete ones that you don't want shown (and can view of list of deleted apps by pressing the - button, where you can reinstall them if you wish). Here are some app ideas:

- Roto Photo: These games' photography feature. Works largely like the Poké Finder in Sun & Moon - you can take photographs of Pokémon in their wild habitats and receive Rotom Points based on the quality of the photo. These points can be exchanged for prizes or watts. There's a selfie mode, which adds your character to the photo. You can also include one of your party members, which raises happiness.
- Roto Bono: The O-Power feature. Instead of being a lottery like the version in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, you can choose which O-Power you want to receive (and what potency) in exchange for the Rotom Points you receive through the photography feature.
- Vs. Recorder: What it says on the tin.
- Vs. Seeker: Spend some points to see which NPCs in your current area want a rematch.
- Quality Judge: Evaluates happiness and IVs.
- Type Chart: Similar to the function in DPP, you can choose a Pokémon in your party or PC and pit it against any hypothetical type, ability, held item, weather, and terrain combination (you can also factor in Dynamax). You can also view a simple version of the fundamental type chart.
- Berry Tree/Raid Den Tracker: Displays which Berry Trees can still be harvested, and which Dens in the Wild Area are active.
- Flashlight: Replaces the Flash HM, although obviously the game would need some pitch-dark areas in order for this to have a purpose. Causes Rotom to come out and join you on the map, projecting light in a medium-sized field of illumination around you.
- Some kind of minigame to rack up Rotom Points. I don't know what the exact nature of it would be, but through local wireless or online, you can also enter a versus play mode with other players where the goal is to gain a higher score. The winner gets a significantly large payout, but the amount the loser receives is still affected by a multiplier that isn't applied in the solo play mode.

(I'm sure they could think of more,, too.)

Additionally, you can customize the exterior color (as you suggested, and as we see with other NPCs) as well as the screen wallpaper.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, only have the current encounters being the recommended part of the Pokedex, I'm tired of having to make my way only to find out the weather is not the condition in which the recommended Pokemon is found in.

Furry swipes becoming a dragon move, Comet punch a fairy move, Spike Canon a steel or poison move.
We have Furry Attack and Double Slap.
Barrage becoming a speciall attack actually.

Gear Grind becoming more like Tripple Kick, both start with power 20, would get total power then 90... or start with 30, then power would be 120, taking each hit has its own accuracy 90.

Generaly in future we need multistrike moves of other unused types.
The same with sound moves, priority moves, draining moves and switching moves.

Taking that water shuriken was made a special move maybe our wushu legendary/mythical pokemon gets a physical multistrike water move?

Generaly we should have a multistrike 5 times hitting ghost type move by now and more multistrike moves of other types and maybe dual strike moves where one is physical and one special hit?
(why do I wish we would get a cat ghost/psychic pokemon with 9 lives, 9 hp points and one hit takes out one hp bc of it's ability??? then mold breaker, multistrike moves would be more inportant... also a rock type matrioshka that would have 5 layers means 5 hp and 5 times to hit, or a grass/dragon hydra that would have 5 hp , 5 heads and each head is like a substitute but when you use a all hitting all targets moves like surf or a 5-times hit from multistrike move you take them out easy in one turn bc you hit all substitutes , layers at the same time, its not the same like Hydreigon and Dodrio line because the heads are made out of energy or extra material that can get destroyed.... the multihead ability maybe on grass/dragon could regenerate when on grassy terrain , each turn one head restored??? )

Last edited:
- A better post game
- Better graphics on par with Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild
- The return of Return
- Make Kantonian Persian useful for battles

Since the Pokedex expansion included Electabuzz, the whole Pokedex not including every single Pokemon was meh to me in the end.

hmmm multistrike moves when taking one oponent in singles should not end but make the full range of hits at the next send out oponent.
Lets take dragon darts , if one hit eliminates oponet then when the next pokemon is cast the second hit should on it thats my opinion. And then a new turn begins.

This would allow multistrike moves to be more special and used.
Pin missile when taking one oponent out when should hit 2 times, could then hit the next send out oponent the 3 next times before the next round begins, would make sense that the turn should end when move is executed peoperly after next pokemon is send out to battle.

Caves/grottoes in the Wild Area. It's all closed off except for entrances to Motostoke, Hammerlocke and the Meetup Spot. Duraludon's pokedex entry says it lives in caves and it rusts easily, but it's found in the grass, in an area with a lake. What better place for it than a cave? Just a few caves and grottoes here and there would have made for better environments for some of the Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom