• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Apologies if this was already discussed earlier in the thread, but something interesting that I noticed during the direct was that when the new regis and birds were being shown off, the voiceover said something along the lines of "new legendary Pokemon" and not "regional variants" so I'm assuming that these will be entirely new 'mons.

The two Regis being new Pokémon altogether is pretty certain, since they match up with that half-and-half colored temple, and the trailer shows separate brown, blue, and gray temples for Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.

Personally I think the birds might still be variants, but it's up in the air right now.

So far we have:

Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Larvesta/Volcarona
Dedenne
Rockruff/Lycanroc
Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame
Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking
NidoranM/Nidorino/Nidoking
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Amaura/Aurorus
Gible/Gabite/Garchomp

Plus the Kanto starters and legendaries (I assume they count as part of that 200+ number)

Presumably that means we'll also get Tyrunt/Tyrantrum and the female Nidos.
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Cryogonal
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Zorua/Zoroark

Confirmed by official website

Part of me thinks the Wurmple line will also make a return considering Klara's bow is reminiscent of Dustox's wings.

I did look at those wings and wonder if maybe they represent a new Pokemon we haven't seen yet.

I was just thinking about some old Pokemon I'd like to see return. I'm hoping for...

Staryu/Starmie
Chatot
Skrelp/Dragalge
Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede
Ducklett/Swanna
Numel/Camerupt
Mienfoo/Mienshao
Shroomish/Breloom
Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
Maybe some UBs like Nihilego or Poipole

Also for them to have mercy on poor neglected Glameow/Purugly and put them in the game.

I wonder why they didn’t announce that the dex will be expanded via DLC when the Dexit storm was going on.
Didn't they explicitly say they would not be adding in new Pokemon via DLC too?

Didn't they explicitly say they would not be adding in new Pokemon via DLC too?

What do you mean by "new Pokémon"?

They didn't say anything about whether or not they'd add literally new Pokémon, though I think most people expected they would for like, Mythicals.

As for old Pokémon being patched, all they said was to the effect of "we can't really comment at this time"

So Galar Maingame = England
Isle of Armour = Ireland (possibly just Northern Ireland)
Crown Tundra = Scotland

So there is potential for somewhere based on Wales, possibly even the South of England, south of London/north of Wyndon? But then what colour scheme would they use as Sword = Blue, Shield = Red, Armour = Yellow, Crown = Green.

What do you mean by "new Pokémon"?

They didn't say anything about whether or not they'd add literally new Pokémon, though I think most people expected they would for like, Mythicals.

As for old Pokémon being patched, all they said was "we can't really comment at this time"
I worded that really badly, I meant "new" as in "old Pokemon not currently in the region."

If Fossils are returning, then maybe we will get the Galar fossils of how they're suppose to look. Making 8 in total if the 4 can evolve.
Yeah, assuming we can't find Amaura in the wild, there should be a new paleontologist that can restore fossils properly and should be able to restore the Galar fossils properly.

And maybe we'll get Tyraorus and Aurontrum from Cara Liss lol.

Looks like I was partly right:

"It seems that The Isle of Armor expansion will allow you to help some of the Pokémon traveling with you gain the ability to Gigantamax."
Maybe just the starters, but...
Would be nice if we could get them their HA, too.

Yeah, assuming we can't find Amaura in the wild, there should be a new paleontologist that can restore fossils properly and should be able to restore the Galar fossils properly.

And maybe we'll get Tyraorus and Aurontrum from Cara Liss lol.
Perhaps this palaeontologist would mention Cara Liss being a jealous rival, who had gone to lengths to recreate the fossils just to spite him/her.

Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Cryogonal
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Zorua/Zoroark

Confirmed by official website

One interesting thing i noticed: Both Beldum as Gible lines are in Crown of Tundra. Which means we have 2 Psuedo lines left with Dratini and Bagon, so they most likely will be in the Isle of Armor and i think all of them will be Version Exlusives as well (Dragonite and Garchomp for Sword, Salamence and Metagross for Shield).
Lycanroc midday is classed under Armor, so Midnight is most likely be in Tundra. Maybe Dusk is the version exclusive location based one (For Sword it appears in Tundra, while in Shield it appears in Armor).

Based on the color schemes, i am gonna say: Galarian Articuno - Fairy - Zapdos - Fire - Moltres - Dark

So I wonder, will Dexit just... gradually become not a thing?

There's 490 Pokémon missing from Sword & Shield; actually only 455 if you count the extra ones that we know are in the base code like Mew and Necrozma. They're adding ~200 more here, so I don't think I'd be surprised if next year's packs (assuming they exist) added the remaining 255... if they can get 200 done in a year then I'm sure they could squeeze in an extra 55.

(And I wonder if by then they might also bring back Megas and Z-Moves, just to spice things up, and to not leave Ultra Necrozma in its awkward limbo.)

Last edited:
Looks like I was partly right:

"It seems that The Isle of Armor expansion will allow you to help some of the Pokémon traveling with you gain the ability to Gigantamax."
Maybe just the starters, but...

Oh long overdue, makes absolutely no sense that the Alcremie, Corviknight, and Drednaw I caught as babies and travelled with, can never reach their full potential, unlike if I just caught them fully evolved in some max raid.

Hope theres a way of adding Gigantamax to any Pokemon that is capable, even if its tricky to get, like that capsule that used to take 200BP

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom