• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

What if the Galarian Slowpoke had to do something with Shellder falling off of it? It seems very suspicious that it would have yellow spots on where the Shellder bites during evolution of Kantonian Slowpoke.

I find it odd that it just loses its water typing, and retains Psychic, seems like a step backwards. Especially odd as its seen using a Fire attack in the trailer

Breeding and using the other two Starters, one for the Isle of Armor and the other for the Crown Tundra could be pretty fun. I used Sobble for the mainland.

The legendary birds are unlikely to lose their main types imo, since Articuno still fires ice beans, Moltres is still on fire and Zapdos has that static-looking plumage.

Aye, also the naming convention, Artic,Zap, and Molt tie them directly to their typings.
So yeah my opinion is Ice/Psychic, Electric/Fighting and Fire/Dark, maybe they could get Levitate instead of Pressure so still technically flying?
Maybe the icy cold of the Tundra forced the birds (yes even Articuno) to lose their Flying typing.

Regional Pokedexes confirmed via official site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200109-100433_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200109-100433_Chrome.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 68
Also more a query than anything else. Is Calyrex confirmed to be either a Legendary or a Mythical? To me it seems like a carbon copy of Celebi, Grass and Psychic linked to time (sees the past, present and future) also odd it had the triforce mark on its collar thing. Game Freak basically saying, yes we will copy whatever Zelda do right down to the logo!

I was not ready. I WAS NOT READY AT ALL. I woke up this morning like "time to check out Pokemon Home", because why bother setting an alarm for details about the new service. Nobody wants to wake up at 6:30am for that. And it's freaking this! DLC. I will gladly throw my money at this instead of a third version! Gladly!

I'll go over my full thoughts later, I have class for the next 5 hours.

I was wondering...

Are Kubfu and Urshifu even legendary Pokemon? The official Pokemon website mentions that Kubfu is from a far away region where they're found in the wild. (and about how the Kubfu there have developed characteristics due to exploring far away locations)

They kinda seem more like a "Lucario/Zoroark" mon to me.

Also more a query than anything else. Is Calyrex confirmed to be either a Legendary or a Mythical? To me it seems like a carbon copy of Celebi, Grass and Psychic linked to time (sees the past, present and future) also odd it had the triforce mark on its collar thing. Game Freak basically saying, yes we will copy whatever Zelda do right down to the logo!

I i recally correctly they said Legendary in the Direct. Its the Box Pokemon for both expansion passes, which for me suggests its a legendary (Despite the official site not mentioning it).
About Kubfu: They were once Galar Native Pokemon as well. So Mustard prolly gives hints about the next new region. I also wonder if they are gonna update Leons team after the first expansion comes out, so he can have Urshifu on his team.

I was wondering...

Are Kubfu and Urshifu even legendary Pokemon? The official Pokemon website mentions that Kubfu is from a far away region where they're found in the wild. (and about how the Kubfu there have developed characteristics due to exploring far away locations)

They kinda seem more like a "Lucario/Zoroark" mon to me.

Forget my previous post; they actually are all filed under "Legendary Pokémon"

Oh boy, Ash and Go are going to have a fun time.
Ah yes, there aren't any islands, dojos, snowy areas or legendaries in other regions. This expansion is truly uncharted territory.

So I wonder, will Dexit just... gradually become not a thing?

There's 490 Pokémon missing from Sword & Shield; actually only 455 if you count the extra ones that we know are in the base code like Mew and Necrozma. They're adding ~200 more here, so I don't think I'd be surprised if next year's packs (assuming they exist) added the remaining 255... if they can get 200 done in a year then I'm sure they could squeeze in an extra 55.

(And I wonder if by then they might also bring back Megas and Z-Moves, just to spice things up.)
They'll keep doing it in future generations under the pretense that the slightest update to models/animations means that they have to do them from scratch. It is not as if their strategy has backfired so far.

Everyone is celebrating how this is step in the right direction, how it’s great that we’re going away from third version, how GameFreak isn’t being cash-grabby....

...but after quick read through of what will be added, I feel like some or all of this stuff should have been in the base games already instead of in a $30 expansion pack. I mean, remember HGSS?
The problem here seems to be that, if you want to take their stuff about this content still being developed at face value, Game Freak literally couldn't add this stuff in earlier due to budget/time constraints place on them previously. Yes, these should have been in the base games, but given TPCI's greed (mainly Ishihara), monetizing such content after we paid the full amount is about what we expected. We essentially are in the boat of having to choose between the Expansion Pass, dual third versions, or leaving Galar an unfinished experience. Of these three not ideal situations, I feel that the SwSh expansion pass was the correct choice to make.

In fact, this isn't even taking into account that the extra development time could have been the result of feedback in response to graphics and a few other criticisms about SwSh.

Whoever designed Galarian Moltres deserves a raise.

If you can make Moltres look good, you deserve any bit of money in the world.
I may like Moltres’ design, but even I have to agree with you that they spiced up an otherwise simple design in a great way!

Galarian Slowbro - Psychic/Poison
Galarian Slowking - Pure Psychic
I agree on Galarian Slowbro, but I think there’s a possibility of Galarian Slowking ending up as Psychic/Fire.

I wonder if the expansion pack will also have other updates laced within it when it actually goes live (as in when the Isle of Armor is first accessible). Maybe it'll patch a few things alongside it, like increasing the smarts of the ally AI, return certain moves to the games like, well, Return, Pursuit, Dragon Rage, etc, and maybe some other stuff that the fanbase has been asking for. Since the Expansion pack is currently in its pre-order state, meaning it's not fully active, we don't know if it'll have any extra patches intertwined with it. I would hope so, as it could also fix a number of the issues that Sword/Shield have, thereby upping their potential.

If my Ampharos isnt in either of these Expansions, there will be hell to pay!

I think as some saying earlier, this unfortunately confirms no new game for 2020.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom