• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

So Galar Maingame = England
Isle of Armour = Ireland (possibly just Northern Ireland)
Crown Tundra = Scotland

So there is potential for somewhere based on Wales, possibly even the South of England, south of London/north of Wyndon? But then what colour scheme would they use as Sword = Blue, Shield = Red, Armour = Yellow, Crown = Green.
Scotland? Maybe Stoutland still has a chance to make the cut.

So Galar Maingame = England
Isle of Armour = Ireland (possibly just Northern Ireland)
Crown Tundra = Scotland

So there is potential for somewhere based on Wales, possibly even the South of England, south of London/north of Wyndon? But then what colour scheme would they use as Sword = Blue, Shield = Red, Armour = Yellow, Crown = Green.
Isle of Armor is probably the Isle of Man.

I'm glad they're going to release an update for the base game so that people can get the 200+ Pokemon being added in the expansion pass, it would have been really scummy otherwise.
Oh, fuck yes, this solves every issue I ever had with the dex cut! Patching in old Pokemon with no cost!

Not super delighted about the 30$ cost for the DLC, because I find it hard to believe they could really add half a game's worth of content in this, but maybe I'm just being pessimistic! Love that they expanded GMax forms (Ariana gif: It's equality), and they seem like really cool concepts! The new regis look epic, but I'm not super big on the regional forms for the birds, because it seems really weird lore-wise, and I can't get as interested in the designs because of that. New legendaries have cool concepts, but I hate how bulbous that deer is, and the other one looks more like an animated character rather than a Pokemon. I'm very optimistic about this, though, it definitely shows a good future for content expansion!

I haven't watched the whole thing but I'm throwing my goddamn money at it.

Also, I was a bit nervous but I'm fairly certain these aren't version exclusive but can someone confirm yay or nay anyway please.

So Gamefreak finally gave into our demands by giving us more of the old Pokemon and even some new species to boot?

Image result for i can't stop crying we did it kids

Since we're supposed to be able to play this starting from the first time you access the Wild Area, I guess that means the levels Pokemon appear at will be low. Do you think it's likely they'll do level scaling?

It would be cool to play through these new areas with a new team of Pokemon. Well it would be pretty pointless to bring my existing champion team if level scaling isn't a thing.

Also, I don't think Eternatus needs a game about itself, especially when it changes into its Eternamax form when Eternabeam is used. So I can see why they didn't give a focus to it when teasing the story of the DLC.

Here is what will likely be in these expansion packs for Sword and Shield. Take this with a grain of salt, but this here is what will most likely be in it. You're more than free to add your version and see what we would come up with.

Galar Dex = 400 - 80 new Pokemon = 320 (321 if including Mew)

Gen 1:
Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur
Squirtle - Wartortle - Blastoise
Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot
Zubat - Golbat
Nidoran (Female) - Nidorina - Nidoqueen
Nidoran (Male) - Nidorino - Nidoking
Poliwag - Poliwhirl - Poliwrath
Slopoke - Slobro
Shellder - Cloyster
Magnemite - Magneton
Tanglia
Horsea - Seadra
Scyther
Electabuzz
Magmar
Omynite-Omnystar
Kabuto - Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Arcticuno, Zapdos, Moltres,
Dratini - Dragonair - Dragonite
Mewtwo
(44)

Gen 2:
Chikarita - Bayleef - Maganium
Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion
Totodile - Croconaw - Feraligater
Maril - Azumaril
Crobat
Politoed
Yanma
Gligar
Sloking
Smeargle
Scizor
Elekid
Magby
Kingdra
Blissey
Entai, Raikou, Suicune
Lugia, Ho-oh
Celebi
(28)

Gen 3:
Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile
Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken
Mudkip - Marshtomps - Swampert
Taillow - Swellow
Azurill
Nosepass
Lileep - Cradily
Anorith - Armaldo
Spheal - Sealeo - Walrein
Bagon - Shelgon - Salamence
Beldum - Metang - Metagoss
Regirock, Regiice, Registeel
Latias, Latios
Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
(36)

Gen 4:
Turtwig - Grotle - Torterra
Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape
Piplup - Prinplup - Empoleon
Starly - Staravia - Staraptor
Cranidos - Rampardos
Shieldon - Bastiodon
Happiny
Chatot
Spiritomb
Gible - Gabite - Garchomp
Finneon - Lumineon
Magnezone
Tangrowth
Yanmega
Electivire
Magmortar
Gliscor
Probopass
Uxie, Mesprite, Azelf
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
Regigigas
Heatram
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
(44)

Gen 5:
Victini
Snivy - Survine - Surperior
Tepig - Pignite - Emboar
Oshowott - Duwott - Samurott
Lillipup - Herdier - Stoutland
Tirtouga - Carracoasta
Archen - Archaeops
Zorua - Zoroark
Audino
Cryogonal
Druddigon
Larvesta - Volcarona
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Tornadus, Thundrus, Landorus
Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
Meloetta
Genosect
(36)

Gen 6:
Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught
Fennekin - Braixen - Delphox
Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame
Tyrunt - Tyrantrum
Amaura - Aurorus
Dedenne
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
(23)

Gen 7:
Rowlit - Dartrix - Decidueye
Litten - Torracat - Incineroar
Popleo - Brionne - Primarina
Pikipek - Trumbeak - Toucannon
Rocruff - Lycanroc
Bruxish
Sandygast - Palossand
Tapu Koko - Tapu Lele - Tapu Bulu - Tapu Fini
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo - Lunala
Necrozma
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan - Melmetal
(31)

total: 244 Old Pokemon

Last edited:
Here is what will likely be in these expansion packs for Sword and Shield. Take this with a grain of salt, but this here is what will most likely be in it. You're more than free to add your version and see what we would come up with.
Why are a lot of these “most likely”? Most lines on that list are no more likely to get in than others. The only ones we know of are the ones shown in the trailer, on the site, and most legendaries. Plus likely the ones that were already in the game’s code.

Why are a lot of these “most likely”? Most lines on that list are no more likely to get in than others. The only ones we know of are the ones shown in the trailer, on the site, and most legendaries. Plus likely the ones that were already in the game’s code.
Don't forget the other Pokemon that were found in the data of SwSh by hackers. If Mythicals are in, then so can others alongside the legendaries.

Galar Dex = 400 - 80 new Pokemon = 320 (321 if including Mew)

Gen 1:
Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur
Squirtle - Wartortle - Blastoise
Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot
Zubat - Golbat
Nidoran (Female) - Nidorina - Nidoqueen
Nidoran (Male) - Nidorino - Nidoking
Slopoke - Slobro
Magnemite - Magneton
Horsea - Seadra
Electabuzz
Magmar
Omynite-Omnystar
Kabuto - Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Arcticuno, Zapdos, Moltres,
Dratini - Dragonair - Dragonite
Mewtwo
(37)

Gen 2:
Chikarita - Bayleef - Maganium
Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion
Totodile - Croconaw - Feraligater
Maril - Azumaril
Crobat
Sloking
Elekid
Magby
Kingdra
Blissey
Entai, Raikou, Suicune
Lugia, Ho-oh
Celebi
(23)

Gen 3:
Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile
Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken
Mudkip - Marshtomps - Swampert
Taillow - Swellow
Azurill
Lileep - Cradily
Anorith - Armaldo
Spheal - Sealeo - Walrein
Bagon - Shelgon - Salamence
Beldum - Metang - Metagoss
Regirock, Regiice, Registeel
Latias, Latios
Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
(35)

Gen 4:
Turtwig - Grotle - Torterra
Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape
Piplup - Prinplup - Empoleon
Starly - Staravia - Staraptor
Cranidos - Rampardos
Shieldon - Bastiodon
Happiny
Gible - Gabite - Garchomp
Magnezone
Electivire
Magmortar
Uxie, Mesprite, Azelf
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
Regigigas
Heatram
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
(37)

Gen 5:
Victini
Snivy - Survine - Surperior
Tepig - Pignite - Emboar
Oshowott - Duwott - Samurott
Lillipup - Herdier - Stoutland
Tirtouga - Carracoasta
Archen - Archaeops
Zorua - Zoroark
Audino
Cryogonal
Druddigon
Larvesta - Volcarona
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Tornadus, Thundrus, Landorus
Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
Meloetta
Genosect
(36)

Gen 6:
Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught
Fennekin - Braixen - Delphox
Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame
Tyrunt - Tyrantrum
Amaura - Aurorus
Dedenne
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
(23)

Gen 7:
Rowlit - Dartrix - Decidueye
Litten - Torracat - Incineroar
Popleo - Brionne - Primarina
Pikipek - Trumbeak - Toucannon
Rocruff - Lycanroc
Sandygast - Palossand
Tapu Koko - Tapu Lele - Tapu Bulu - Tapu Fini
Cosmog - Cosmoem - Solgaleo - Lunala
Necrozma
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan - Melmetal
(30)

total: 222 Old Pokemon

I'm not convinced we'll get every starter Pokemon included in this expansion pass. On the website they said that 100+ Pokemon were being brought back for each part of the expansion pass. 60 seems like a lot of Pokemon that presumably won't be appearing in the wild. (they could but it seems more likely they'd be gift Pokemon)

To be honest you add all the legendary Pokemon on top of that and it is making me wonder how they're going to make these expansion areas feel fresh Pokemon wise. The list you've provided doesn't give much to work with in terms of standard wild Pokemon (It's full of starters, fossils and legendaries)

Also I don't think it's a guarantee that every regional bird will return.

I'm not convinced we'll get every starter Pokemon included in this expansion pass. On the website they said that 100+ Pokemon were being brought back for each part of the expansion pass. 60 seems like a lot of Pokemon that presumably won't be appearing in the wild. (they could but it seems more likely they'd be gift Pokemon)

To be honest you add all the legendary Pokemon on top of that and it is making me wonder how they're going to make these expansion areas feel fresh Pokemon wise. The list you've provided doesn't give much to work with in terms of standard wild Pokemon (It's full of starters, fossils and legendaries)

Also I don't think it's a guarantee that every regional bird will return.
200+ it said

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom