• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Remember my "what are you excited for in SwSh" thread? Well I'm doing another one! (I think I'll do it for every game that comes out (at least, the one's I plan on playing))

So what are you excited for. Remember, keep the negativitey on the down low. This is a positive thread about excitement, not a negative thread about complaints.

I'm excited for the new wild area-like places. The second one is gonna have an exploration theme! I can't wait!

Also, being able to dress up as the man who almost destroyed the entire region and possibly those adjacent to it (dammit! Kalosnalready has enough problems!).

The environments look really lovely, and I appreciate the bevy of new clothing options. I want to particularly mention the heavy exploration gear for TCT; it looks super cute on the protagonists. I love that we get controllable camera for the entire quest.

Always happy to see more regional variants, and I think the Kanto bird variants and the new Regi duo are quite cool. I've wanted variants of either the Legendary Birds or Beasts for a while now.

Glad we can get more Apricorn balls. I'm interested to know more about TCT's co-op mode. LGPE's was a nice idea but very limited.

Urshifu is cool and I'm intrigued by how it's supposed to evolve.

Im excited for a lot of it.

The landscape its awesome the isle of armor has beaches forests and caves to explore.

I hope theirs not just wild battles but Npc trainer battles as well i felt galar ( main part ) didnt have enough npc trainers on the routes or in Forests or caves.

I find the new legendary in the isle of armor intresting and i want to learn more about it.

Im curious to know who this "someone" thats puts you in charge of the exploration of the crown tundra its probably some returning character thats gonna suprise everyone.

Last but certainly not least im thrilled for more returning old pokemon especially my favorite Lycanroc

I'm interested in seeing if we get more new Pokemon and regional forms.

I have my fingers crossed that gens 2, 3, 4 and maybe 6 get some regional or gigantamaxs.

I'm also curious about how the story/progression is going to work in these wild areas. I wonder if it'll be like doing quests in an mmo?

The Gigantamaxes in a nutshell:

Rillaboom: Doneky Kong's Final Smash on Steroids
Cinderace: Long eared bunny stand8ng on Void Termina
Intelleon: Hey! Quit camping!

Mother of arceus, I swear if I was home while watching this, my scream would have been stronger than max sp.atk punk rock overdrive when ma bois (inteleon and venusaur) got G-max forms
Also ,you won't believe me,but I had a dream where they announce the return of crobat ,talonflame, lycanrock, kingdra and some others, and it turned out to be a vision !!
I dreamed of other pokemon returning, like chansey,however they aren't confirmed to be returning

Was this the first time in a while that there has been an actual, complete surprise reveal of something so significant?? :) :)

Seeing everything being revealed then really turned out to be similar to watching a Pokemon evolve, especially without knowing what the evolution would even be!

Both expansions really seem to be bringing some of the indescribable yet so familiar and beloved aspects of what makes the Pokemon experience so inspiring and intriguing!

New regional forms; easily one of my favorite things about the newer games in the series. The Slowpoke gang and the legendary birds (a fair call in my opinion) already look great and I can’t wait to see what else they do :)

New wild area like zones; the greatest success of Sword and Shield in my opinion. I can’t say the location we have right now hasn’t grown stale at all, but for sure I’m still having fun roaming around and participating in raids, especially with people in my friends list. Every now and then I’ll even find a new location after I thought I’d covered it all.

New Wild Area-like areas. Both new areas look beautiful and like they'll be fun to explore.

New Galarian forms, I'm hoping for more Johto ones but not getting my hopes up too high. We don't even know how many they'll be doing.

New legendaries and storylines. I loved the lore of Galar in the main games and I feel like the story in both DLC parts is going to add to it.

I've also really enjoyed doing raids with other people in the main game, so being able to do raids with even more Pokemon and even legendaries is something I'm really looking forward to. I also love the idea of being able to explore the dens.

Oh, and Gmax Cinderace.

I just realised G-max Inteleon is using it's tail as a sniper's nest. And it's stuck that way for however long 3 turns last. So it's stuck up there and has a tail to big to move even if it could get down.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom