• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Game Freak we're talking about here. What they do usually doesn't make any sense.

Knowing that they struggled so much to get Sword/Shield out when they did and that they've allocated more of their team toward non-Pokemon projects like Home Town, I really can't see this being the time where they're going to push out a new generation quicker than they ever have before.

Last edited:
Wait. Isn't Home a Pokemon project.

It's calle Pokemon Home, after all.

No, you're right. I'm talking about the game "Town" (now Little Town Hero), which's name is so forgettable that I actually mixed it up with "Home". Sorry for the mistake.

After seeing SwSH's DLC content I'm even more scared of the Sinnoh remakes, because the Regi trio plays a role in Regigigas' lore, which is a Sinnoh Pkmn but now the trio is getting new forms in Galar! :mad: If Ohmori is the director of the remakes and there's no Sugomori artwork, I won't buy them and most certainly I will stop caring for the franchise. :cry:

now the trio is getting new forms in Galar!
I’m pretty certain that the trio isn’t getting Galarian forms. The new two Regis are most likely new Pokémon considering the fact that the voiceover said “new Pokémon” when they were shown.

After seeing SwSH's DLC content I'm even more scared of the Sinnoh remakes, because the Regi trio plays a role in Regigigas' lore, which is a Sinnoh Pkmn but now the trio is getting new forms in Galar! :mad: If Ohmori is the director of the remakes and there's no Sugomori artwork, I won't buy them and most certainly I will stop caring for the franchise. :cry:
That's a lot of fuss over artwork.

We're getting new regis, not new forms of the regis. And why so hung up over the so-called Sugimori art? Why would we not get official art of the Pokemon or characters?

People saying Regis in Sword/Shield DLC means Sinnoh less likely, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a case (in Diamond and Pearl at least) that you couldn't catch the Regi trio in the games, but had to transfer them from Ruby/Sapphire to unlock Regigas...

So surely if anything seeing the Trio but not the giga in the DLC would make Gen 4 remakes more likely, as they've given themselves a way to parallel that mechanic?

People saying Regis in Sword/Shield DLC means Sinnoh less likely, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a case (in Diamond and Pearl at least) that you couldn't catch the Regi trio in the games, but had to transfer them from Ruby/Sapphire to unlock Regigas...

So surely if anything seeing the Trio but not the giga in the DLC would make Gen 4 remakes more likely, as they've given themselves a way to parallel that mechanic?

Regigigas with Dynamax is frightening even with Slow Start. But maybe they turns will be reduced to 3 or 4?
It had 6 eyes, maybe they will modify its eye colors to match the new 3 Regis? I think a third will be there too.

Rock, Steel, Ice, Electric, Dragon and ... fighting is out of game... fairy? ghost? poison? water? fire? fire would fit clearly here.

I don't think that they would do that because it would force players to get Home.

I don't think that they would do that because it would force players to get Home.
So what? Game Freak doesn't care whether they force people to get Pokemon Home or not, heck, if people want their previously unavailable Pokemon in Sword and Shield but doesn't want to buy the Expansion Pass, they have to get Pokemon Home anyways.

Er, why wouldn't GameFreak want players to pay them more money?

And besides, to get Regigigas in DP one would need a copy of Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald. Requiring HOME doesn't seem like that out of character for GameFreak; it's at least somewhat in line with what they've done in the past.

Focusing on the Regis in this regard kinda feels like skipping the headline since the Direct also shows that Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and the lake guardians will be in the Crown Tundra. Surely those would be a bigger problem in terms of preempting DP remakes than the Regis.

(I don't think it actually is a problem, though. These are still just expansions, whereas DP remakes would most likely be full-on games. People would have more reasons to buy them than a couple of Legendary Pokémon.)

I mean, Regigigas is the only legendary Pokemon that wasn't confirmed to be returning. Many people overlooked it due to this Pokemon not being able to hold ground in battle.

Past Legendaries is something they usually keep for remakes or third versions. Should we be worried?
And why would the creation trio and lake guardians be included if we are getting Sinnoh remakes?

And why would the creation trio and lake guardians be included if we are getting Sinnoh remakes?
I have a few theories...
  1. To enhance connectivity between the remakes and SwSh.
  2. To make it so that players who bought Sword or Shield don't have to buy both versions of the Sinnoh remakes in order to complete the 'dex--or at least make it so that they don't have to trade for other legendary Pokemon.
  3. To ease the workload slightly when updating the models for the remakes.
  4. Most/all legendaries are in the games so it would be weird to exclude the Sinnoh ones even if they're getting a remake in a year or two.

Er, why wouldn't GameFreak want players to pay them more money?

And besides, to get Regigigas in DP one would need a copy of Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald. Requiring HOME doesn't seem like that out of character for GameFreak; it's at least somewhat in line with what they've done in the past.
It would be inconvenient for the player. There's a reason why the Remoraid and Mantine lines are always in the Regional Dex together, and same for the Karrablast and Shelmet lines.

Those are also not legendaries.
However, it's still the same thing of Game Freak trying to not force players to buy a subscription service just to obtain Pokemon. If they go against this, what's stopping them from including Mantyke without Remoraid, or Karrablast without Shelmet, and forcing players to buy Pokemon Home just to evolve them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom