• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Speaking of meta game, I just now realized that Neutralizing Gas Weezing can now be on a team with Regigigas in doubles. Things are gonna be interesting this fall.
Oof, good point.

Landorus is also in, of course, which changes the meta drastically as well.

I fear some decent 'mons will be downgraded when june reaches us.

still feeling more... especially grass/psychic mammal needs a new form and a better ability...

new galar Slowking? becoming part steel or grass instead of psychic? Or maybe water/fire pokemon?
or maybe water/ghost?

Hmmm Galarian Bird Legendaries, they look like dark/flying, ghost/flying and electric/fighting to me at least?

still feeling more... especially grass/psychic mammal needs a new form and a better ability...

new galar Slowking? becoming part steel or grass instead of psychic? Or maybe water/fire pokemon?
or maybe water/ghost?

Hmmm Galarian Bird Legendaries, they look like dark/flying, ghost/flying and electric/fighting to me at least?
slowpoke is just psychic so i think slowking wont be water and will be psychic something. same for slowbro. rock, steel, ghost, possibly anything tbh

as for the birds, i think electric fighting for zapdos sounds right, but the others wont be flying type. flying/dark or ghost, and ice/psychic or ghost would be my guess

slowpoke is just psychic so i think slowking wont be water and will be psychic something. same for slowbro. rock, steel, ghost, possibly anything tbh

as for the birds, i think electric fighting for zapdos sounds right, but the others wont be flying type. flying/dark or ghost, and ice/psychic or ghost would be my guess

Birds could also be moltres fire/dark and arcticuno ice/ghost. Electric/fighting would then fit.
Would make sense actualy both could get levitate taking amount of weakneses. Makes me think the birds vere psudo legends now.

Slowbro? Slowpoke was psychic? No water pokemon shelder? That electric needle gen 3 pokemon? Electric/psychic?
Or maybe polteageist on the head? Psychic/ghost?
What else could be possible here? I dont think its a mare object? Maybe a pokemon...psychic/poison with pyumuku? That violet colors could be ghost, poison...fire. Was thinking about a bug/fire centiskorch on its head.

The king of Galar looks like its from the Magicians. Filory. Hope its moves make up for typing.

The dragon hand Regi looks like a dual type. Dark/dragon? Dragon? Or maybe pure scary fairy type?

Last edited:
Considering all Regis are single typed, I figure that one will be pure Dragon.
Weird drawings. Will it have
Disquise end enter battle as a dragon skull?or form change?

Weird drawings. Will it have d
Disquise end enter battle as a dragon skull?or form change?
I think a form change would be pretty neat, however, seeing as the Hoenn Regis all have Clear Body as their ability I figure the two new ones will have it as well.

I think a form change would be pretty neat, however, seeing as the Hoenn Regis all have Clear Body as their ability I figure the two new ones will have it as well.

I hope old ones get better abilities. New ones could mean all old come back too with changes. Imagine regiice with ice scale, regirock with solid rock or water proof, registeel with heaproof or steam engine. Always can get hidden abilities.

I hope old ones get better abilities. New ones could mean all old come back too with changes. Imagine regiice with ice scale, regirock with solid rock or water proof, registeel with heaproof or steam engine.
I can see Solid Rock on Regirock and Heatproof on Registeel, but the rest of the abilities don't seem that fitting. Regice doesn't have scales, for example.

Always can get hidden abilities.
The Regis already have hidden abilities that seem more fitting than their regular ones: Regirock has Sturdy, Regice has Ice Body, and Registeel has Light Metal. I predict that the electric Regi's HA will be Volt Absorb or Static while the dragon Regi's HA will be Intimidate or Mold Breaker.

Is no one else getting Ice/Steel or Ice/Electric from Articuno? He looks very futuristic, techno.
I don't get Ice/Ghost at all.
and I think that Zapdos is orangier and has thicker legs because it's pulling from the ostrich. I was thinking ELectric/Ground.
And Ghost or Dark on Moltres because, obviously.

Is no one else getting Ice/Steel or Ice/Electric from Articuno? He looks very futuristic, techno.
I don't get Ice/Ghost at all.
and I think that Zapdos is orangier and has thicker legs because it's pulling from the ostrich. I was thinking ELectric/Ground.
And Ghost or Dark on Moltres because, obviously.
Zapdos' animation showed blow-effects, so I guess electric/fighting.

I also get ice/steel vibes from Articuno. Moltres feels like Salazzle and Yveltal had a baby, so I'd go for fire/dark, to be honest.

Am I the only one thinking that Kubfu is only legendary in the sense that it know a legendary martial arts...and not an actual legendary pokemon?

Maybe it's because it's a two stage bear and the other two stage bears are basic mons. But if it's breedable, I give it a few hours after launch of the expantion before it over takes Dreepy in surprise trades.

Am I the only one thinking that Kubfu is only legendary in the sense that it know a legendary martial arts...and not an actual legendary pokemon?

Maybe it's because it's a two stage bear and the other two stage bears are basic mons. But if it's breedable, I give it a few hours after launch of the expantion before it over takes Dreepy in surprise trades.
I don't think it will be breedable if it's legendary. I think it will be like Solgaleo/Lunala.

@Glaceon9409 Aren't both of the families already in the game? That pretty much rules out regional forms for them this generation.

Zapdos' animation showed blow-effects, so I guess electric/fighting.

I also get ice/steel vibes from Articuno. Moltres feels like Salazzle and Yveltal had a baby, so I'd go for fire/dark, to be honest.

maybe steel/flying?ghost/flying? and electric/fighting?

Hard to tell taking that either they could get levitate or other abilities, use the move fly and look like they maintained their base types maybe...

Arcticuno beeing part ghost would allow ice/ghost typing to shine a little in thelegendary realm. But the beam from its eyes would suggest a move or not?

I don't think it will be breedable if it's legendary. I think it will be like Solgaleo/Lunala.

Yeah, but we've had a lot of non-legendary legendary pokemon in the past. Like the psudos, Arcanine, Volcarona, and technically Gigantamax Toxtricity if the geogliph is to be believed.

Not to mention it's profile makes it juat seem like its a rare pokemon that for some reason just left the region ages ago, and Mustard was just able to find them in another region. Nothing about it being from space, invasive species from a parallel universe, dying and being reborn in a fire, being a guardian of something, or even just being a local cryptid.

Like I said, it also doesn't help it's the Asian black bear continuation of the two-stage bear lines.

Yeah, but we've had a lot of non-legendary legendary pokemon in the past. Like the psudos, Arcanine, Volcarona, and technically Gigantamax Toxtricity if the geogliph is to be believed.

Not to mention it's profile makes it juat seem like its a rare pokemon that for some reason just left the region ages ago, and Mustard was just able to find them in another region. Nothing about it being from space, invasive species from a parallel universe, dying and being reborn in a fire, being a guardian of something, or even just being a local cryptid.

Like I said, it also doesn't help it's the Asian black bear continuation of the two-stage bear lines.
They haven't called non-legendary Pokémon "Legendary" for a while yet.

Meltan was called 'mythical' from the get-go, as well.

Also, the "more new Pokémon!" description on the pass-page only mentions new legendaries, new G. forms and new returning Pokémon; no new ordinary Pokémon are being mentioned.

There's something about the grumpy deer-rabbit plant that is bemusing to me.
Calyrex.png
Calyrex_2.png

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom