• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I think I'm gonna pull an Ash an send my entire main game team to the box sans my Drizzile before I enter the Isle of Armor and send my Isle of Armor team to the box before I enter Crown Tundra.

I'm thinking of doing this as well. Since I used Sobble for my main playthrough I want to try breeding a Grookey and bring it with me to the Isle of Armor.

I'm just worried that if they level up the wild Pokemon based on how many gym badges you have, this might make it difficult to start with a fresh team.

Also I wonder if each DLC area will be big enough to see my Grookey evolve into a Rillaboom. Presumably these areas won't be as long as the main story.

Let's hope the dex is complete when the remakes arrive.

By the way, why wouldn't they make another DLC if this one sells well? There's still quite the gap between Crown Tundra and remakes as well as between remakes and future titles.
Because by the time the next announcement happens, most players would've been done with the Crown Tundra part, which would put their main Pokemon team close to 100. Besides, Game Freak just doesn't go 2 years without a new main series game.

Because by the time the next announcement happens, most players would've been done with the Crown Tundra part, which would put their main Pokemon team close to 100. Besides, Game Freak just doesn't go 2 years without a new main series game.
Most of our teams are already overleveled, they might even have some sort of solution for it (or not).

Anyway, they could easily launch another DLC before remakes happen. Or after it.

Most of our teams are already overleveled, they might even have some sort of solution for it (or not).

Anyway, they could easily launch another DLC before remakes happen. Or after it.
Well, even other Nintendo games on the Switch aside from Smash Ultimate don't have 3 big paid DLCs released. Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 both had DLCs, but neither had more than 2 big paid DLC content. If Nintendo won't do further paid DLC for their non-Smash games, then I can definitely see Game Freak not do DLC before the remakes. But I can guarantee that they would do DLC after the remakes as long as said DLC is for the remakes.

Well, even other Nintendo games on the Switch aside from Smash Ultimate don't have 3 big paid DLCs released. Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 both had DLCs, but neither had more than 2 big paid DLC content. If Nintendo won't do further paid DLC for their non-Smash games, then I can definitely see Game Freak not do DLC before the remakes. But I can guarantee that they would do DLC after the remakes as long as said DLC is for the remakes.
So you do think the dex will get finished by the end of this generation and fully available in Sw/Sh as well as hypothetical D/P remakes?

I dearly hope you're right.

So you do think the dex will get finished by the end of this generation and fully available in Sw/Sh as well as hypothetical D/P remakes?

With the constant demand for the National Dex returning along with the age-old request for the D/P remakes, I can see Game Freak doing both at the same time. The full National Dex will not be immediately available after the remakes come out, but once the remakes had their time to stay in the spotlight, say 6 or 7 months, then the updates necessary for the whole National Dex will be possible to do for both sets of Gen 8 games for compatibility purposes before moving on to Gen 9.

I'm just worried that if they level up the wild Pokemon based on how many gym badges you have, this might make it difficult to start with a fresh team.

Given the comment about how you can keep playing with your same team as justification of this being better than a third version I suspect that the new areas will level up the same as the normal wild area. Assuming that is the case I think I'd be more inclined to start a new file to play through the expansions.

Looks like pokemon's Twitter confirmed

Isle of armor is inspired on the isle of man

And

Crown tundra is inspired on Scotland

Screenshot_20200113-104129.png

I think it's certainly possible. There's around 450 Pokemon unaccounted for right now. Since we know we're getting 200+ (presumably 201-249 Pokemon) of those Pokemon in this upcoming expansion pass that would leave a similar number left over. There was a tweet recently stating that the Isle of Armor was inspired by the Isle of Man and the Crown Tundra by Scotland...

If we were to get a second expansion pass it could be inspired by Wales and Northern Ireland with the remaining 201-249 Pokemon included.

There's also the possibility of a Sinnoh remake which could also bring back Pokemon.

they can only be traded without the NSO if you trade over local wireless you wanna trade without it NSO is the only option

"If you remove an option, there is only one option!"

That being said: by the popular logic I see floating across the internet now, Pokémon have been locked behind a paywall from the beginning. Someone had to pay for a cable to trade between Game Boys. And you needed friends too, and most of us here need to buy them. And even by trading online with a rando, someone (i.e. the enigmatic rando in question) had to buy a console and a copy of the game to trade. Absolutely disgusting.

Already bought the Expansion Pass. Like everything that I saw in the Direct and looking forward to playing the expansions when they come out. I'm up to around 80 hours on my Shield save and I am only about 1/2-2/3 through with the Pokédex (although I've done all the other post-game stuff, including finishing BT in both singles and doubles, and I do a LOT of Max Raids with my friends). My favourite Pokémon game since my Crystal. Expansions are only going to make it better. Stoked.

If we were to get a second expansion pass it could be inspired by Wales and Northern Ireland with the remaining 201-249 Pokemon included.

Wales is actually in the base game if you remember Route 9 which is the Welsh Inlet, Spikemouth which is Llandudno and Route 10 which is Snowdonia.

Although Wales is it's own country, it is in fact a Principality. England and Wales - Wikipedia

So then that would only leave Northern Ireland.

Wales is actually in the base game if you remember Route 9 which is the Welsh Inlet, Spikemouth which is Llandudno and Route 10 which is Snowdonia.

Although Wales is it's own country, it is in fact a Principality. England and Wales - Wikipedia

So then that would only leave Northern Ireland.
They could always invent other stuff like Ireland or the Jersey islands or just put everything that's left in D/P remakes and maybe even a DLC for the latter.

They could always invent other stuff like Ireland or the Jersey islands or just put everything that's left in D/P remakes and maybe even a DLC for the latter.
The Channel Islands is already done for Kalos. Ireland could be it's own Region, similar to Johto.

I want an Isle of Wight based expansion or I'm not interested :p

I do wonder what this new logo in the player uniform means for the dlc.

I know they said new battles but i hope its like the B2W2 Pwt and we see other gym leaders or champions perhaps not everyone but a least a handful return / make an appearance in galar.

Although it seems we wolnt know about this till much much later seeing as how its a part 2 feature.

Screenshot_20200113-115518(1).png

I know they said new battles but i hope its like the B2W2 Pwt and we see other gym leaders or champions perhaps not everyone but a least a handful return / make an appearance in galar.

Although it seems we wolnt know about this till much much later seeing as how its a part 2 feature.

Huh. I did think it was odd that we never got, like, sponsorship deals throughout the main game of SwoShi. But looking at these uniforms, maybe we'll see that here?

View attachment 130283
Gen 7's theme was the villainous Team Leaders (Generations) which appeared as Team Rainbow Rocket in USUM.

Gen 8's theme seems to be that of the Champions (Masters), which will no doubt probably make their debut in some special Tournament as part of the two expansions after Crown Tundra. There's also some hints to this with the upcoming anime episode where Leon takes on Lance as the strongest Champion of them all.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we will see the Minor League, as well; they guys not having their own gyms.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom