• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review TW01: Letter

The fact that they had to come up with a Wally-esque character for a series that isn't even the equivalent of two anime episodes, goes to show that the Galar cast leaves a lot to be desired. I'll watch this just for him and the interesting art style.

Absolutely love this! I know it'll never happen, but I would take a full series order of Twilight Wings over the actual "Sword & Shield" anime we have. It's beautifully animated and it left me wanting more. And the fact that it's being simul-dubbed is even better!

Yes, yes, and yes. More of this, please and thank you!

The fact that they had to come up with a Wally-esque character for a series that isn't even the equivalent of two anime episodes, goes to show that the Galar cast leaves a lot to be desired. I'll watch this just for him and the interesting art style.

Nah, way too harsh and I think I'm pretty blunt overall. ;) This is like the Make A Wish kid in the hospital meeting a celebrity and that changing the course of his life. Even if the Galar cast was stronger, this would still be a good set up for a potential rival in a series of any length. And there is no reason why a Galar anime couldn't expand on the gym leaders' roles either, they have cool designs and seem pretty interesting if only they had more story related to them in the actual game.

And let's be honest, Hop is essentially proto-Go anyway not just in his design but in his whole attitude and people will defend the latter's behavior to the death. So they could have just called him Hop and teamed him up with Satoshi in Galar and effectively have the same duo dynamic as now but with a bit of additional pressure living in his famous brother's shadow. Hop could also be motivated to catch another legendary Pokemon, doesn't have to be Mew.

Last edited:
I love it already. Gorgeous animation and more Galar characters in 6 minutes than 11 episodes of the Show. Even if the leads look like Digidestined.

but I would take a full series order of Twilight Wings over the actual "Sword & Shield" anime we have.

There is no Sword & Sheild anime. Just a Pokemon GO anime that (very) occasionally has Galar elements.

Y'know, the fact that Sw&Sh doesn't have voice acting meant that I was initially thrown off by the American accents compared to the British ones I had made up in my head for the characters...but then again considering the history of Anime dubs absolutely butchering British accents in the past, I'm surprisingly grateful for the voices we got. :wynaut:

Very good. I'm looking forward to the rest. Loved Rose's characterization and the Corviknight reacting instantly to John's fainting spell to catch him. John made a good impact in this short, wonder if he'll be in the later ones. (ED: I should say I wonder what he'll do in the later ones).

I saw this pointed out on twitter, but around 1:15 there's a trainer in the background with a Pikachu. He's facing away from the screen but some people think he looks like an older version of Ash (based off how he's dressed). I'm not sure myself, though.

Last edited:
This looks kinda like a high-budget anime movie. I like that.

Assuming that all 7 episodes are 6 minutes each and follow a straight narrative, we are pretty much getting a 42 minute OVA here. Which is nice, and makes me want to see a real adaptation of every generation in a similar OVA format, not just snippets of different part of games put together which is what we have generally gotten with shorts.

This was a very interesting thing. Corviknight showing why it is so cool. Loved what could be done with the story, kinda felt a sad ending coming. With him dying and his brother/friend keeping his goal. Would also be a refreshing twist to what we normally have.
In generally, I agree with what has been said beforehand. This episode was so well animated, so well made, that serves to show how quality tops quantity. Think a lot of people rather have this 6 minutes of a meaningful story than 150 episodes of a Gou catching frenzy without any connection to his captures.

I so desperately wish that Pokémon Go: The Anime would be restricted to these 6 minute shorts while this story got to be in the main series. I really liked the protagonist, and the main anime could easily have had the first few episodes from the perspective of this protagonist, and then have Ash meet him in Galar.

P.S.: I really, really, really want to hug that Corviknight (but only if it likes me, which I hope it does). It was easily the best part of the short for me. I hope the protagonist (What are his Japanese and dub names? I didn’t quite catch them if they were mentioned at all) interacts more with it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom