• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I'm getting the feeling that features like Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder and a "Very Easy" difficulty for "World of Light" WERE intended to be in the base game at launch, but they weren't finished on time and thus had to be delayed and released as patches.

I'm getting the feeling that features like Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder and a "Very Easy" difficulty for "World of Light" WERE intended to be in the base game at launch, but they weren't finished on time and thus had to be delayed and released as patches.
Wouldn't surprise me, considering that's the same thing that has happened to almost every single modern game, and even more older games.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, for example, had four characters cut at the end of development, two of them even getting models and one of those was in testing. The curious thing is that when they decided to make the updated Wii port (the one that got released internationally) they opted to create different characters instead of just completing the scrapped ones, although rights issues might have been involved in that, seeing how the new Tatsunoko characters were from three series that were already in the game.

I hate to say this, but I feel like my interest in the Super Smash Bros. series is beginning to...well, disappear.

Reimu with Fantasy Heaven as her Final Smash would be so cool to see, or even Marisa with Master Spark as her FS would be just as cool. I'd also love to see Youmu as playable even though I know it'd be unlikely, seeing her as a spirit at least would be enough for me.

I'm hoping for the twin protagonists from Astral Chain to get in, with the Legions as part of their moveset (personally I'd use the Beast Legion the most), plus they'd bring in some amazing tracks. Or if not them, then maybe either Dimitri or Claude from Three Houses.

Because it's a popular IP that releases games frequently, although I can see why you think like that since that's more or less how I feel about Mario (who also got a DLC character and a clone character recently).

I mean, I was hoping this fighter pass would continue the trend of third parties. I am not a huge fan of FE at all. But I looked up Cuphead and some people are mad that he got wasted

I mean, I was hoping this fighter pass would continue the trend of third parties. I am not a huge fan of FE at all. But I looked up Cuphead and some people are mad that he got wasted
I also wanted something different, but at least it's not a clone nor Steve. I wonder if the next fighter pass will also do the same thing as this one (two from returning franchises and four from new ones).

On Cuphead being wasted: That was going to happen no matter what character it was, since I remember them saying that about K. Rool, Chrom, Geno and Sans. Maybe next time he will have luck?

Because it's a popular IP that releases games frequently, although I can see why you think like that since that's more or less how I feel about Mario (who also got a DLC character and a clone character recently).

Mario as well as Pokemon are the big top-tier franchises that no one should be surprised to see new character additions from. They are both pretty much the mascots of Nintendo. But Fire Emblem? Fire Emblem is no where near on the same level... Like not even remotely close. It is definitely a franchise worthy of a number of playable characters in Super Smash Bros... But eight characters? Come on, now.

Fire Emblem is getting massively undue representation in SSB and I don't know who is pulling this or why. I suspect that maybe it started with Super Smash Bros Melee's inclusion of FE characters really kicking off the franchise's success in the west and so now Nintendo has decided that Super Smash Bros is the optimal place to advertise new Fire Emblem entries, but even that seems rather oversimplistic and it is really beating a dead horse at this point.

Mario as well as Pokemon are the big top-tier franchises that no one should be surprised to see new character additions from. They are both pretty much the mascots of Nintendo. But Fire Emblem? Fire Emblem is no where near on the same level... Like not even remotely close. It is definitely a franchise worthy of a number of playable characters in Super Smash Bros... But eight characters? Come on, now.

Fire Emblem is getting massively undue representation in SSB and I don't know who is pulling this or why. I suspect that maybe it started with Super Smash Bros Melee's inclusion of FE characters really kicking off the franchise's success in the west and so now Nintendo has decided that Super Smash Bros is the optimal place to advertise new Fire Emblem entries, but even that seems rather oversimplistic and it is really beating a dead horse at this point.
Unlike Fates, 3 Houses was released after Smash, though it’s not just advertising. It’s also a really good game and sold well, so think it’s earned the honor.

Back
Top Bottom