• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MCH's Evil Tourney: Final Results (18/1/20)

Part 5: Final Round Begins

Back at the harbour a Lopunny leapt high into the air towards a Charizard.

“Brutal Swing, Rabbit!” As it reached level with Charizard, the Lopunny began to spin rapidly, the fluff on its ears wrapped in a dark energy as they rose into a T-shape and slammed into Charizard.

“Burse, Dragon Claw!” Recovering from the blows, Charizard dived downwards in pursuit of Rabbit, as it had already begun its descent from the drop. As Rabbit landed on the docks, Burse caught up and raked its green glowing claws across the Lopunny’s face. “Brick Break!” Raising its other arm in the air, Burse’s fist glowed white and brought it down on the still recoiling Rabbit’s head.

“Back up! Shadow Ball!” Forming a dark sphere of crackling energy between its hands and pushing it forward into Burse’s chest, Rabbit then quickly strode backwards in an attempt to create some distance.

“Chase it down! Flamethrower!” Burse opened its mouth and spewed a stream of flame towards Rabbit.

“Jump!” Rabbit’s trainer shouted, and their Pokemon responded by leaping high into the air. “I’d prefer not to blow this surprise before the last round,” they muttered to themselves, pulling something out from their cloak, “and it’s especially risky in a match like this, but it looks like I’m going to need it to win...” The trainer held aloft a small wand with a rainbow coloured gem embedded in the tip, the gem glowing with a pink energy. “Untouchable agility! Unstoppable kicks!” They proclaimed. The pink energy from the wand lanced through the air and into a cream stone containing a swirl of multiple shades of brown embedded in a belt, hanging loosely around Rabbit’s waist, as it flipped at the apex of its jump. “Rabbit! It’s time to mega evolve!” From the stone, large bundles of off-white energy, shaped like balls of fluff began to sprout over Rabbit’s body, quickly obscuring the Lopunny from view entirely. After a few moments, the energy popped and revealed Rabbit striking a midair pose, having transformed into the Normal and Fighting Type Mega Lopunny. “High Jump Kick!” Angling itself through the air, Rabbit extended its leg and dropped straight down towards Burse slamming its heel into Burse’s head. “Return!” Pivoting on its toes as it landed, Rabbit spun around and landed another hard kick into Burse’s midsection, sending it stumbling back.

“Fire Spin, Burse!” Burse exhaled a stream of fire at Rabbit’s feet that erupted into a small cyclone of flame that encircled Rabbit and trapped it in place. Breathing heavily, Burse happily took the moment of reprieve that the Fire Spin had afforded. “Into the air, Burse!” Burse spread its wings, and rocketed skyward with a single mighty flap.

“Jumping Thunder Punch!” Rabbit once again leapt vertically into the air and out of the Fire Spin. Its fist began to crackle with electricity as it shot upward.

“Air Slash!” Burse raised its claw to the sky, before slashing the air and creating a bright blue wave that tore through the air and into Rabbit. Its momentum lost from the impact; Rabbit began to fall towards the ground. “Flamethrower!” Burse shot a stream of flame from its mouth at the descending Rabbit. As Rabbit landed on the ground and readied its legs for another leap, its was impacted with the full force of the Flamethrower. Rocketing upwards, Rabbit burst from the flames. However, as it drew level with Burse, its eyes had glazed over, pushed past its limit by the fire it had leapt through. “Brick Break!” Burse once more slammed its whit glowing fist into Rabbit’s head, sending it plummeting back down into the pavement. Rabbit lied on the ground motionless for a moment, before the last of its strength left it and its mega evolved form popped away in a puff of fluff.

“Well, well, well,” Rabbit’s trainer said, “I’d like to say that this was unexpected, but honestly things were rather set by the time we’d reached our last Pokemon. Though I must say, I never expected to see you of all people participating.”

“Wha- Does everyone here know who I am!?” Burse’s trainer shouted.

“Hmmm, I’m willing to bet at least a few.”

“Well, I guess they were going to find out sooner or later once I win.” He mused.

“Oho! Confident.”

“Well, if you think you’re gonna lose, then you already have. Buuuuuuuuut… If you know who I am, then the least you could do is give me your name in return.”

“Nice try.” Rabbit’s trainer said, chuckling. “I’m not that dumb. Anyway, this should be interesting to watch. Farewell.” They turned and walked away.

jdthebud has lost their battle!
Hi there jdthebud, you are hellcrow, or whatever he calls himself these days!
77645645_p0_master1200_2.jpg

A renowned former player of The War Room, you have hosted games with MCH before, but your constant changing of usernames and avatars symbolize your truly chaotic nature, hence why you signed up for this tourney for more chaos.

With pokemon based off 3 of your past usernames, You feel you can wipe the floor of the competition without trying and show these losers what it's like for crows in hell!

Rabbit (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Fake Out
  • Return
  • High Jump Kick
  • Ice Punch
Hellcrow (Honchkrow) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
  • Tailwind
  • Sucker Punch
  • Night Slash
  • Drill Peck
Rose (Roserade) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Giga Drain
  • Energy Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Dazzling Gleam

“…Dammit.”

***​

Meanwhile, another battle raged in the warehouse district.

“Dual Chop Sceptile!” Sceptile lunged forward towards the blue Bisharp, slamming both fists into its chest.

“Canas, Metal Claw!” Blades on its body glowing white, Bisharp spun on its toes and slashed Sceptile multiple times.

“X-Scissor!” Extending the blades on its wrists, Sceptile slashed upwards with both blades in a cross shape. “Now Leaf Blade!”

“Night Slash!” The blades on both sets of wrists extended and glowed green and black respectively. Each Pokemon swung several times, only to be cleanly blocked by the other. “Iron Head!” Pushing Sceptile’s arms apart to create an opening, Canas pulled its head back, the blade on its head glowing white.

“Detect!” A twinkle in its eye, Sceptile pulled back from Canas and neatly swayed to the side as Canas brought its head forward. “Focus Blast!” Sceptile opened its hand and gathered a bundle of blue energy in its palm. Coming back in from the dodge, it drove its hand, and by extension the attack, deep into Canas’ chest. Canas’ eyes bulged in pain as it stumbled backwards.

“Crap…” Canas’ trainer muttered. “There’s no way we’re making this.” Coming to a conclusion in their head, they gave their command. “Only one thing for it Canas! Guillotine!” Canas extended the blades on its wrists to a colossal size and swung them at Sceptile in a pincer-like motion.

“Down!” Sceptile immediately dove to the floor, neatly ducking underneath the blades. “Low Sweep!” Surging forward on all fours, Sceptile lunged at Canas and swept its tail through its legs, knocking it down. “Dragon Pulse!” Getting up to stand over Canas, Sceptile opened its mouth and blasted a beam of red and blue energy, completely preventing any kind of recovery. After a few moments, a short chuckle sounded through the area, steadily growing louder until the area was filled with a raucous laughter.

“Shhh- What are you doing be quiet!” Sceptile’s trainer said. “Someone’s going to hear us.”

“Dude, if no-one came running when our Pokemon were beating the crap out of each other, they’re not gonna care now.” He recalled Canas and walked over to Sceptile’s trainer and placed his arm around his shoulder. “You did great, man. I really thought I was gonna win for a while there but you pulled through. You’re donna do great, real force of anarchy.”

“Aheh, yeeeaaah…” Sceptile’s trainer said, edging away. “I should get going. Gotta get rested up for the last round, you know?”

“Oh yeah, sure go ahead.” Canas’ trainer watched as Sceptile’s left to head back home.

Snowy has lost their battle!
Hi there, Contrainer, you are Elieson!

dacb818b4766685196e706ad93d2a448

You've appeared in the BMU multiple times, mostly as a villain via the Elieson virus, and despite becoming staff, you decided you want Bulba all to yourself. As such, you joined MCH in order to further your own goals as a starscream (if you don't know what that is, look it up on Tvtropes or watch Transformers) and plan to use his corrupted state to do so.
Thanks to your other endevours on the Fire Emblem fansite Serenes Forest and a speedrunner of the game Lufia II's bonus mode The Anicent Cave, you have your pokemon themed around as such plus a callback to your most infamous role in a Bulba game to boot.

TFPTSLBOOIA (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
  • Seed Bomb
  • Phantom Force
  • Gyro Ball
  • Synthesis
Canas (Bisharp) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
  • Swords Dance
  • Sucker Punch
  • Night Slash
  • Iron Head
Maxim (Muk-Alola) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
  • Toxic
  • Poison Jab
  • Knock Off
  • Fire Punch

The next night, although most participants were expecting to be cut off from the tournament entirely, 6 users were surprised to see messages in their inbox.
"Greetings, I trust you all are well? I invite you all to The Cave for the final round of this tournament to usher in my true lieutenant. I advise you all to attend."
Uncertain as to the true cause for the summons, all participants involved made their way to the hidden cave to spectate, or alternately participate in, the final match if the tournament.

It's time for the final round!
@ExLight vs @prog rocker
FIGHT!

It is now Round 3. Round 3 will end in one week, or once the battle's replays have been submitted, whichever comes first.
The players are responsible for organising their own time to battle.
Countdown Timer

Last edited:
Part 6: Final Results

That night, in the hidden cave nestled in the hill, all six eliminated contestants, as well as ReturnofMCH himself, were assembled to watch the final match of the tournament.

“Friends. By hour’s end we shall have witnessed the ascension of my lieutenant, the winner of this final match between these two.” MCH, in his Evil Cloak as was usual these days, gestured to the two people standing on either side of the particularly large room of the cave. “I suggest you stand back.” The two competitors stared each other down briefly, Doctor Floptopus scoffing on the sidelines as she recognised the user she’d lost to in the first round.

“Sorry, but I’m not going to lose here.” One of the trainers said.
“That’s funny.” The other responded. “Because neither am I.” The pair produced the Pokeballs and released their first Pokemon, a Hydreigon and Charizard respectively.

“Hydreigon, start with Hydro Pump!” Hydreigon opened all three mouths and launched a torrent of water from each.

“Dragon Claw, Burse!” Charizard shot sideways, avoiding the unwieldy blast of water, before shifting to charge straight towards Hydreigon.

“Crunch!” Hydreigon clamped its two side-heads down on Burse’s shoulders as it raked its green glowing claws across Hydreigon’s chest. Hydreigon then sunk its fangs deep into Burse’s neck, causing it to cry out in pain.

“Throw it off, Burse! Dragon Spin!” Burse arced its back and beat its wings violently, loosening Hydreigon’s grip to the point that it was easily dislodged from the Charizard’s back. Burse then covered its claws in the same green energy as before, and spun on its axis with its arms extended, striking Hydreigon behind it multiple times, coming out of the spin facing its opponent.

“Brutal Swing!” Hydreigon’s trainer called out. Hydreigon’s two side-necks glowed with a dark energy as it recovered and bashed the heads against Burse over and over.

“Now’s your chance! Focus Blast!” Taking the blows as well as it was able, Burse placed its hands in front of itself, palms facing outward. Hydreigon’s six eyes widened as it saw the bundle of blue energy shining mere centimetres from its chest.

“Get out of there!” Its trainer shouted, moments too late as the energy burst forth in a mighty explosion, sending Hydreigon hurtling backwards.

“Follow it up Burse! Flamethrower!” Burse opened its maw and unleashed a powerful blast of flame.

“Hydro Pump!” Hydreigon likewise opened its three mouths and unleashed a torrent of water. The two attacks met in the middle between the combatants, and though Hydro Pump held the elemental advantage, Hydreigon’s greatly weakened state meant that the blast didn’t have the power it should have. Indeed, the Hydro Pump quickly withered to little more than a trickle which was quickly consumed by the Flamethrower, enveloping Hydreigon. When the flames died, Hydreigon laid on the ground, unconscious. Its trainer silently returned it to its Dusk Ball. He then produced a Nest Ball and a Premier Ball. Contemplating the balls in his hands for a few moments, he weighed up his choices.

“This one probably be the obvious answer, but they’re also my ace in the hole. The other sounds like it’d be a dumb idea, but they do have options, and keeping my ace in reserve could be a good idea.”

Coming to his decision, he put the Premier Ball away and threw the Nest Ball into battle.

“Sceptile! It’s your turn!” The green reptilian Pokmon burst forth from the ball to stand before its opponent.

“Sceptile?” Burse’s trainer wondered. “Against Charizard?” He then directed his next comments towards Burse. “Keep your distance Burse! He’s gotta have some tricks!”

“Now, onto the ceiling!” Dashing over to the side of the cave they were battling in, Sceptile quickly began to scale the walls and cling to the ceiling, scuttling along on all fours.

“Flamethrower!” Burse angled his view towards Sceptile and launched a stream of flames to the ceiling. Scuttling quickly in and around the stalactites, Sceptile handily avoided the vast majority of the flame.

“Dragon Pulse!” Continuing to duck in and out of the stalactites, Sceptile fired several quick blue and red beams from its mouth at Burse from various different points, popping in and out at random. Burse put in his best efforts to avoid the beams, but still took quite a substantial number of blows. Focusing more on evasion and retaliation with their own Flamethrowers than really paying attention to any patterns in the shots, neither Burse nor his trainer realised that Sceptile was steadily moving to be directly above Burse. “Now! Rock Slide!” Finally registering where Sceptile was for the first time, Burse looked up in shock as Sceptile drove its claws into the base of the stalactites in the ceiling, cracks quickly spreading around the spikes.

“Move!” Moments too late, Burse tried to dive out of the way, only to be crushed by the falling rock from the ceiling. Having leapt from the ceiling as the rocks began to fall, Sceptile landed on the ground a short distance from the rubble. Its trainer reached up under the hood of his cloak, above the brim of the cap he was wearing underneath.

“The swift striker of the jungle! Sceptile, let’s mega evolve!” Bright pink energy shot forth from beneath the hood and into a marble-like stone attached to an armband that Sceptile was wearing. Bright green flurries of energy resembling leaves began swirling around Sceptile’s form, as it began its mega evolution, the pair apparently unwilling to take chances with their final attack. The energy scattered as the transformation completed, and Sceptile stood before them as a Mega Sceptile. Wasting no time, its trainer called out the next attack. “Time for Frenzy Plant!” Sceptile raised its hands to the sky before bringing them down onto the ground, causing a series of gigantic, thorned vines to sprout from the ground around the pile of rubble which contained Burse, just as it was starting to shake. Burse’s claw and head shot forth from the rubble. Looking around at the vines about to slam into him, Burse simply closed his eyes and awaited the smashing. The vines then crashed into the rubble, reducing much of it to dust and smaller chunks as Burse simply lay in the rubble, unconscious. A red beam of light struck the Charizard and returned him to his trainer’s Poke Ball.

“Let’s see, its tail’s way too heavy to go crawling along the ceilings anymore, so I shouldn’t have to worry about more rock slides. It’s half Dragon-Type now, so it’s not weak to fire anymore, but he still sent a Sceptile in against a Charizard. He must have an ace he’s trying to hold back. Means I should probably save mine, too.”

Burse’s trainer then produced a Dusk Ball covered in smoke ball seals.

“Khan! Time for your entrance!” The ball exploded into a mass of darkness and smoke, with a glowing light in the centre. The smoke was quickly broken away however as the creature inside broke into a quick spin and finishing with a pose, roaring. Khan the Incineroar had showboated his way onto the scene. Taking note of the fact that he actually had a true audience now, as opposed to his last two battles with only his opponents for spectators, Khan performed another pose and a roar, letting out his pent-up energy. “OK Khan, calm down. Remember this is a battle.” Khan glanced over to the opposing side of the field, saw his opponent and grinned. “Let’s start with a Flame Charge!” Khan roared as his belt of flames grew to cover his entire body, and then charged forward at Sceptile.

“Detect!” Sceptile’s eye glinted as it waited until the very last moment before stepping to the side in a 180-degree turn, causing Khan to completely miss the mark and overshoot, needing to grind to a halt as he shot past. “Now! Leaf Blade!” Charging towards Khan, whose back was turned, the leaves on Sceptile’s right wrist extended into a glowing green blade.

“Grab it!” Spinning on his heel, Khan grabbed the Leaf Blade in his hand as Sceptile brought it down on him, wincing as the blade dug into his hand. “Now take your Revenge!” Red energy began to rise from Khan’s body as he pulled on Sceptile’s blade to throw it off balance and make it lurch forward. Khan then brought his other elbow down on Sceptile’s back, knocking the wind out of it.

“Focus Blast!” Sceptile gathered its strength and formed a bright blue sphere of energy in its palm and drove it upwards into Khan’s stomach. Khan’s grip on Sceptile loosened, allowing it to back away as Khan stumbled back clutching his gut.

“Fire Punch!” Khan powered through the pain and swiped forward with its flaming fist.

“Jump back!” Sceptile leapt backwards as Khan’s punch drew close, resulting in merely a grazing blow by the flames. The Pokemon then stared at each other from opposite ends of the battlefield, both breathing heavily. Khan’s trainer pulled back the sleeve of his cloak to reveal a red and black bracelt on his wrist.

“Khan! It’s time for the showstopper! Go!” Charging forward, Khan ducked under a swipe from Sceptile and spun on his axis in a Darkest Lariat, striking multiple times. On the final hit, Khan grabbed Sceptile by its neck and flipped it over his head and slammed it to the ground. Khan’s trainer performed the prerequisite pattern of poses to power a Dark-Type Z-Move, and his bracelet glowed with black energy that arced into Khan. “A stunning performance! Malicious Moonsault!” Khan roared and pointed skywards, causing an orange wrestling ring to burst from the ground beneath their feet. Khan then jumped onto the turnbuckle and leapt skywards. Khan flipped a few times in the air, surrounding himself with flames, before plummeting spreadeagle towards Sceptile. Sceptile groggily raised its head, only for its eyes to bulge as it saw the flaming tiger seconds from slamming into it. A mighty explosion rocked the cave once Khan impacted the ring. Everything was silent for a few moments, until the dust settled and Khan could be seen standing triumphant over Scetile, its Mega Evolved form having dissipated. Khan roared and struck a pose, and though a few retained their general distaste for the events underway, the majority of the audience couldn’t help but cheer and applaud the charismatic tiger. Even MCH couldn’t resist a short clap. As Sceptile was returned to its Nest Ball and Khan returned to his side of the field, his trainer could see that he was breathing incredibly hard, having clearly burned through most of his energy.

“He's really beat up… Maybe I should give him a rest and keep him in reserve, just in case…”

“Greninja, your turn!”

“Reserve against a Greninja? Yeah, that’s not gonna happen.”

“Ok Greninja, start strong with Aerial Ace!” Greninja charged forward, a blade of water formed in its hand.

“Stay in the game with a Drain Punch!” Khan readied himself, a bright green swirl forming on his fist. As Greninja approached, Khan ducked down and swiped with an uppercut driving its fist deep into the wooden log in front of it. “Wait, what?”

“Waterfall!” Greninja then dropped from the ceiling, wrapped in water, as it drove its feet into the back of Khan’s neck. Khan’s eyes glazed over as it collapsed in a heap.

“Damn Substitute…” Khan’s trainer muttered as he returned him to his ball. His attention was drawn upward however, as Greninja, still in the air after jumping off of Khan, had become surrounded by a veil of water. “Wait… Is that?” Greninja landed on the ground and threw its arms out, scattering the water as its trainer made the same motion. Greninja now had a new form after exiting this veil, adopting visual traits of its trainer, as well as a gigantic water shuriken on its back. “I knew it…” He then called out to his opponent. “Well Max, certainly didn’t expect to see you here! Pulling out the big guns, are we?”

“I told you, I’m not planning to lose here.” His opponent, Max1996, replied, his Greninja mimicking his motions as he talked. “And really Lone, like you don’t have a big gun of your own.” Lone_Garurumon chuckled.

“True enough. Shall we just get on with it then?” He produced a Cherish Ball and let it fly. “Rio! It’s your turn now!” The ball exploded into brilliant light that quickly formed into the shape of a Lucario, her fur a bright yellow rather than the typical blue. “Alright, now let’s cut to the chase!” He called, clutching a pendant hanging from his neck, bright pink energy bursting from between his fingers. “The Aura is with us! Mega Evolve!” He released his grip on the pendant and held out his hand, the energy flowing along his arm and out towards a matching pendant on Rio’s neck. The stone in Rio’s pendant burst into bright blue flames of aura which quickly consumed her form. After a few moments, Rio burst forth from the flames, having transformed into a Mega Lucario.

“Let’s go Rio! Force Palm!” As Rio charged towards Max-Greninja, it dodged and formed Night Slash blades in its hands with no verbal command from Max, who followed along with its movements from the sidelines. Rio sidestepped the swings and placed her palm on Greninja’s side, releasing a burst of energy that sent a Substitute doll flying through the air. Rio looked around briefly before being struck from behind by an Acrobatics attack. The pattern continued for several passes. Rio would think that she’s landed an attack, only to reveal some manner of Substitute, after which Max-Greninja would strike from the shadows, landing a solid blow. Eventually, Lone deduced a solution. “Vision’s useless, track its aura!” Closing her eyes, Rio reached out its senses and locked onto the signature of Greninja’s aura. Swiping with Blaze Kicks, Rio impacted another of Greninja’s Substitutes, and paused for a moment. Seconds later, as Greninja appeared to her left to make another attack, Rio pivoted and landed a Power-Up Punch squarely in its face. Max stumbled and held his face from Greninja’s pain that he was feeling, their synchronicity dropping for a moment as they both tried to power through it. “Press it, Rio! Don’t stop!” Not opening her eyes, Rio continued to punch Greninja in the opening, her fists glowing with progressively brighter and brighter orange energy as her attack power grew with each strike. “High-Jump Kick!” Rio ended her combo with a rising kick to Greninja’s chin.

“Get out of there…” Max called. “U-Turn!” Greninja flipped backwards, striking Rio’s chin with a kick on its way out, and then continued backflipping until it had enough breathing room for its link with Max to properly resync itself.

“Don’t let them recentre, Rio! Meteor Mash!” Rio’s paws shone with a golden glow with stars trailing behind them. She charged at Greninja, swinging a right hook, and struck yet another substitute. “Wait for it…” Lone called. Rio waited until Greninja’s aura reappeared, turned and swung again, only to miss as Greninja jumped over her strike and landed a kick to her head. Flipping upward, Greninja threw the giant Water Shuriken on its back down onto Rio, before landing behind her and following with several smaller stars. “Aura Sphere!” Rio formed one sphere of aura in each hand, and whirled around, throwing one sphere directly at Greninja who, predictably, vanished as a Substitute took the hit. Rather than waiting for the attack this time, the instant Greninja’s aura reappeared she hurled the second sphere that arced through the air to strike its target. Max once again winced in pain as Rio charged in with a Bone Rush to capitalise on the opening.

“Greninja, we can’t let them keep doing this. Mat Block!” After receiving a few blows from Rio, Greninja dug its heel into the ground, causing a tatami mat to spontaneously appear and flip vertical between the two Pokemon. Greninja then vaulted against the mat, causing it to fly into Rio while Greninja gained distance. Once Greninja had its breathing room, it began to strike a series of poses in perfect sync with Max, bright blue energy connecting the two.

“Ah shit.” Lone muttered as he realised what was happening. Greninja shot forward as Hydro Vortex erupted at beneath Rio, throwing her off of her feet as she struggled to stay upright. Greninja leapt into the Hydro Vortex, skilfully swimming through it to strike Rio from multiple angles. “Close Combat!” Rio made her best efforts to steady herself and keep track of Greninja’s aura, parrying and deflecting blows as best she could. “Come on, Rio! Don’t let ‘em get you!” Pushing through the attack, Rio gathered as much of her strength as possible and unleashed a mighty blast of aura, scattering the Hydro Vortex and leaving Greninja helpless in midair. Rio then pulled into a pose much like charging an Aura Sphere, gathering massive amounts of aura. She then threw her paws forward and unleashed a massive beam of aura. The Aura Storm consumed Greninja, causing Max to scream in pain before falling to his knees. As the beam faded, Greninja fell to the ground in its regular form, unconscious. Moments later, Rio also dropped to her knees from exertion, her Mega Evolved form evaporating in blue flames of aura.

ExLight has lost the final battle!
Hi there ExLight, you are Max1996!

75478.jpg

You are a minor, though recurring, character in the BMU. You appear mostly in groups scenes as a background character, often giving only one or two lines in response to events transpiring, before focus returns to the main characters of the stories being told. You have had your fair share of moments in the sun, however, most notably during YOU Mafia, where you fought desperately to defend yourself from MCH as he invaded your room to eliminate you, before being defeated. You also appeared in TWR Games Bonanza Mafia, where MegaPod accused you of plagiarising his Capture the Shiny Victini concept, resulting in your being sent to The Lavatory.

You've thrown your lot in with MCH as your way of getting revenge on the section for always being lynched first during mafia games for ridiculous reasons. We'll just see how they like getting lynched, shall we?

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Water Shuriken
  • Scald
  • Dark Pulse
  • Extrasensory
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Giga Drain
  • Energy Ball
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Hidden Power [Electric]
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Dark Pulse
  • Earth Power
  • Flamethrower

“Congratulations my friend.” MCH said, clapping softly as he got up to walk over to the winner. “I’m sure that everyone heard the conversation earlier, but please, drop your hood and reveal the identity of my new lieutenant.” At his words, the winner removed his hood to reveal the face of Lone_Garurumon, Super Moderator of Fun & Games and The War Room.

Prog Rocker has won the tournament!
Hi there Prog Rocker, you are Lone_Garurumon!

85087.jpg

Handsome and skilled, as well as a newly promoted Super Moderator, your appearances in the BMU began once you were hired as an F&G mod, and so all of your appearances to date have been as part of the mod team. From defeating Kyurem with your bare hands, to solving a Scooby Doo style mystery, truly, you are incredible.

You’ve inserted yourself into the MCH case in an attempt to gain intel for the mod team, so that you can more effectively combat this threat that the team has suspected to be brewing for some time. With your unparalleled detective skills on the case, MCH doesn’t stand a chance.

(This role PM was written impartially and without bias, no matter what MCH may tell you.)

Rio (Lucario) (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Steadfast
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Bullet Punch
  • High Jump Kick
  • Blaze Kick
  • Zen Headbutt
Burse (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Flamethrower
  • Air Slash
  • Solar Beam
  • Dragon Pulse
Khan (Incineroar) (M) @ Incinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
  • Darkest Lariat
  • Flare Blitz
  • Drain Punch
  • Iron Head

“However, you’re not my only lieutenant.” MCH mused.

“Wait, what?” Lone said. “I thought that the winner of the tournament became your one, and only, lieutenant.”

“I have no idea where you got that idea from. He’s been a wonderful conspirator so far, and I’m proud to have him. Come out, won’t you?” At his call, a Gardevoir appeared from another chamber, striding out confidently. The room was mostly silent, not recognising this user given their extended stint of absence from the forums. A faint memory niggled in the back of Lone’s mind as he tried to place this familiar figure.

“B-BAG?”

“Correct. The BadAssGardevoir, an old nemesis of Magnificent Entertainer’s, eventually brought around to being a friend. And now…” MCH let out a chuckle. “Back to being an enemy, here to tear down his legacy.” The crowd truly weren’t sure what to think. A former nemesis would certainly be useful, but with how long he’d been gone, how useful would he truly be?

“In addition,” MCH continued, silencing the crowd, “After observing the magnificent efforts displayed during the tournament, I have deigned to recruit all of you into my army. Not with the same status as Mr. Garurumon, of course, but you shall still fight with me and be rewarded.” This got everyone straight back to talking among themselves. Truth be told, none of them were really sure what MCH actually planned for the losers, but being recruited anyway was certainly not their expectation. “As well, we have a couple of additional recruits, that I’m sure one of you will know very well.” At his words, a pair of females walked out from the same chamber that BAG had. Unlike BAG however, they were far more nervous in their gait, wondering just what they’d gotten themselves into. As soon as she saw the two individuals, FinalArcadia’s eyes began to fill with tears.

“Space… Feenie…” She said softly to herself, before running up to embrace her sisters, tears streaming down her face. Max looked over at the display, having pulled himself together after his painful defeat. He smiled ever so slightly at the sisters’ reunion, but his face was tinged with a sombreness, as though contemplating something.

“Congratulations Lone,” MCH said, clapping his new lieutenant on the shoulder, “You’ll do a fine job.”

“I’m sure I will.” Lone replied. The two then began making various preparations, the same thought running through both their heads in unison.

“And he has no idea I’ve been playing him the entire time.”

The winner is @prog rocker!

Congratulations to Prog Rocker, and thank you everyone for playing!

Round 1:
DarthWolf vs Exlight: [Gen 7] OU replay: ExLight vs. DarthWolf13 - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Exlight
Max1996 vs Prog Rocker: [Gen 7] OU replay: prog rocker vs. Max1996 - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Prog Rocker
Snowy vs Acrobatic Crobat: [Gen 7] OU replay: AussieEevee vs. Acrobatic Crobat - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Snowy
chibighost vs jdthebud: No replay, decided via coin toss. Winner: jdthebud

Round 2:
Snowy vs ExLight: [Gen 7] OU replay: ExLight vs. AussieEevee - Pokémon Showdown Winner: ExLight
jdthebud vs Prog Rocker: [Gen 7] OU replay: prog rocker vs. jdthebud - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Prog Rocker

Final Round:
Exlight vs Prog Rocker: [Gen 7] OU replay: prog rocker vs. ExLight - Pokémon Showdown Winner: Prog Rocker

So uhhh, as you can probably see from those replays, the balance in this wasn't exactly good, and for that I am very sorry. I really thought that the balance was closer than that. I guess the lesson here is that next time we should run more tests on the teams.

Anyway, question time:
Did you enjoy the game?
I've already given my piece on the balance, but what did you think?
What did you think of the flavour text?
If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
Would you consider participating in a better balanced tournament such as this again?

Last edited:
So you're telling me my final opponent's character was my first opponent?

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes. It was actually more fun that I thought it would be. I also lasted longer than expected.

I'm not a competitive player, so I can't say much here.

I liked it, but I feel we were battling faster than you could write. I blame the fact that I have way too much free time.

Not sure.

Would you consider participating in a better balanced tournament such as this again?
Yes. Again, this was more fun than expected, so I'll be ready to enter another if the chance arrives.

Did you enjoy the game?
It was an interesting concept, for sure... but I think it just needed something to be a bit more fun.

I lost to Exlight without so much as a struggle.

Have yet to read it. Sorry.

Better balance? :p And an easier way to copy and paste the settings to Pokemon Showdown.

Yes. As long as you can promise me that I won't get run over like that next time :p

Congrats to Prog Rocker.

Better balance? :p And an easier way to copy and paste the settings to Pokemon Showdown.
That's something I forgot to ask about back then (mostly because I thought it was just my PC): I don't know if it's the formatting in this forum, but every time I copypasted my team it added the Pokémon alright, but the moves didn't get copied. In fact it ended up creating a blank Pokémon named like the first move. It was weird.

Congrats to Prog Rocker.
Thanks.

oh yea please put it in a code box next time cuz the moves got screwed
it wasn't anything serious but twas kind of a minor annoyance

I'll give my answers later, kinda busy now

Yeah it's because the forum auto-formatted the text into bullet points, which changed the way things worked into a format that Showdown didn't recognise. Now that I know about it I should be able to avoid it if I do a tournament like this again.

I liked it, but I feel we were battling faster than you could write. I blame the fact that I have way too much free time.
Nah, it's not really your fault. I needed to know won before I could really get it going properly anyway, so I'd always be a bit behind.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yea, it was pretty fun
A little too fast tho, makes it a little harder to enjoy it.

Not balanced at all. Yea.
Might want to consult some people that have more experience in the competitive scenario.

It was great!

Larger teams (5 to 6 pokémon), with viable strategies around them (balanced, stall, aggro, ... ).
And maybe make the flavor a bit more loose for balance's sake, as avoiding stuff like too many similar typed mons that can't cover each other weaknesses, or too many one sided types of offenses/defenses.

Hell yea.

Larger teams (5 to 6 pokémon), with viable strategies around them (balanced, stall, aggro, ... ).
And maybe make the flavor a bit more loose for balance's sake, as avoiding stuff like too many similar typed mons that can't cover each other weaknesses, or too many one sided types of offenses/defenses.
If my experience with YGO applies to Pokémon too, then I'm scared of thinking about this one (and much more about receiving that team).

If my experience with YGO applies to Pokémon too, then I'm scared of thinking about this one (and much more about receiving that team).
*battle fader flashbacks*
yea it can be a bit frustrating and hard to use
but as long as all the teams are balanced (which honestly is way easier said than done I know oof), it shouldn't be too intimidating

Yeah, I think that was the biggest problem when deciding on Pokemon. We let ourselves get too bogged down in the flavour and balance suffered as a result. We didn't disregard it, but we really didn't regard it as strongly as we should have.

Back
Top Bottom