• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Anyone else wonder what Unseen fist does? I predict either punching moves get priority or it'll be like parental bond
Could even be a double-attack (would be way too overpowered, but you never know sometimes).

But, yeah, I wonder as well. The new (and returning) batch of Pokémon is the thing I'm most excited for as well as the area itself.

I think the birds and Slowpokes evolutions will be completely new pokemon with new names, at least the birds , similar like we had with Mr. Mime...

The birds maybe changed form via tree like in the past gen 5 pokemon with the mirror?

I think the birds and Slowpokes evolutions will be completely new pokemon with new names, at least the birds , similar like we had with Mr. Mime...

The birds maybe changed form via tree like in the past gen 5 pokemon with the mirror?

The chances of there being entirely new regular Pokémon are pretty slim, if the description on the site is anything to go by.

in my opinion they could reveal names and typing of what they have showed officially.
If they showed few and abilities...

The Slowking and Slowbro were shown but not named ?
Runegegirus, Cursola and Mr. Rime come in mind right here. Would be good to avoid mega speculation for Galarian forms.

They avoided the birds and calling names of Slowpokes evolution on the official side may mean they are new pokemon? maybe arcticuno, zapdos and moltres copied by Calyrex that wanted to be like Arceus?

they also avoided Calyrex Dynamax or forms, probably has something neat taking how weak it looks and it's typing... Looks like Thundra animal, should be immube to hail at least? Maybe gains G-max or other form? activated via using a move in regular form? Switching to grass/ghost or grass/fairy would be cool via two different signature moves. Weird that they didnt chose those typings for it.

G-max with ability changes this time around? Someone else thinks this way?

Last edited:
They avoided the birds and calling names of Slowpokes evolution on the official side may mean they are new pokemon? maybe arcticuno, zapdos and moltres copied by Calyrex that wanted to be like Arceus?
Slowpoke isn’t getting a regional evolution, Slowbro and Slowking are named on the website.
Galarian Slowpoke can evolve into Galarian Slowbro if you use an item that can be found on The Isle of Armor. It can also evolve into Galarian Slowking if you use an item that can be found in The Crown Tundra.

Here is why!!!

because there is some type of pattern with the starters. One starter gets an ugly, uncanny furry design, one has a neutral design, and the other has a non-cute and intimidating design that makes it popular

Scorbunny got the ugly furry design like Chespin and Popplio

Sobble got the neutral design like Fennekin and Rowlet

And Grookey got the cool intimidating design like Froakie and Litten

Chespin has the ugly furry design?! Fennekin has a neutral design and Grookey is intimidating?!?! By what standards?!?!?!

I always thought Delphox was the ugly one, Inteleon the uncanny one and Decidueye the cool one, with most people consider Incineroar the furry one (all based on the ad populum "argument" or on personal preferences, so it's not proof of any starter being terrible). And that's going by final stages, 'cause if we go by first stages... how the hell would you be able to classify them as furry, cool and neutral? Most of them are cute, unevolved, baby-like Pokémon.

(And how does the "furry" category even work? Is it for anthro Pokémon (which is what all the starters usually are, be it final evolutions or first stages)? Is it for Pokémon that appear in furry art (which, considering Rule 34, applies to all of them as well)? What are the rules? How does this all work?! Me confused... :confused:)

And how does the "furry" category even work? Is it for anthro Pokémon (which is what all the starters usually are, be it final evolutions or first stages)?
I wouldn't say furry starters are anthro. There's a difference between being bipedal and being a furry, though some evolutions like Chesnaught straddle that line, in my opinion. I think a furry category is one where there is a great deal of humanization such as humanoid hands and/or human body shape. Typlosion is bipedal but it is not a furry like Cinderace or Inteleon.
vs
327f894a553a4cbac83f7c0818730178.jpg
815.png

But I agree with the rest of your post. Which starter is the cool, cute, feminine, one etc. varies from person to person.

Last edited:
Chespin has the ugly furry design?! Fennekin has a neutral design and Grookey is intimidating?!?! By what standards?!?!?!

I always thought Delphox was the ugly one, Inteleon the uncanny one and Decidueye the cool one, with most people consider Incineroar the furry one (all based on the ad populum "argument" or on personal preferences, so it's not proof of any starter being terrible). And that's going by final stages, 'cause if we go by first stages... how the hell would you be able to classify them as furry, cool and neutral? Most of them are cute, unevolved, baby-like Pokémon.

(And how does the "furry" category even work? Is it for anthro Pokémon (which is what all the starters usually are, be it final evolutions or first stages)? Is it for Pokémon that appear in furry art (which, considering Rule 34, applies to all of them as well)? What are the rules? How does this all work?! Me confused... :confused:)

According to this website, it says that Scorbunny is the worst out of the Galar starters b/c of it’s ugly uncanny fursona designs the evos of Scorbunny have

Website:All Pokémon Starters Ranked: From Worst to Best | Gamepur

According to this website, it says that Scorbunny is the worst out of the Galar starters b/c of it’s ugly uncanny fursona designs the evos of Scorbunny have

Website:All Pokémon Starters Ranked: From Worst to Best | Gamepur
That website article is not an objective source nor is a good representation of all Pokemon fans' opinions on the starters.

Per the article:
Still, these are my opinions
Emphasis on "my opinions."

The very fact that it ranks Scorbunny as the worst Galar starter because of it's uncanny fursona designs yet ignores Sobble's evolutions, which are also uncanny fursonas (how many humans have giant hands and skinny arms?) shows you that said article is full of it, in my opinion.

Here is why!!!

because there is some type of pattern with the starters. One starter gets an ugly, uncanny furry design, one has a neutral design, and the other has a non-cute and intimidating design that makes it popular

in my opinion they got gen 2 monotype design with making each a better but more fragile Aqua Sceptile, grass type Blaziken (stats wise) and a fire Greninja with Emboar strenght....

Taking gen 2, where Typhlosion was the fast special attacker, Ferraligatr was physical water striker and Meganium the wall they improved stats distribution creating a grass wall breaker with defense capability(similar like Blaziken), a fast speciall attacker like sceptile with Inteleon, fire became a fast physical sweeper with Greninja type change capability, dangerous bc looks fighting but fragile taking defenses and aqua jet and ways to outspeed it.

Other gen are slower but they healing and defense capability was better.

Design wise we got a dark looking grass starter, fire is white as counterpart and typical blue water starter with yellow additions...

Hope in future they play more with other colour shemes on starters...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom