• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are they ever gonna show Sobble and Grookey in action?

My line of logic is, if Ash is capturing Pokémon, it makes marketing sense to give him Galar Pokémon. Leaving that region out when he’s supposedly making captures from other regions is the height of nonsense. And if he’s getting Galar Pokémon, then by extension it’s pretty likely to be a Galar starter, since they’re intentionally the most marketed Pokémon of a region.

I’m not taking that artwork at face value since Galar has noticeably less Pokémon on it (Drednaw and Corviknight), I’m pretty sure it’s before the release of the Galar games so it would also be making an effort not to reveal new Pokémon (Drednaw and Corviknight are one of the first introduced Pokémon). And again, it makes no sense to avoid Galar and give it less attention than the other regions. This is keeping in mind artwork can be deceptive (where's Ash's rainbow wing?)

Amongst this, notice that the new characters' partners (as well as the second "face" of the series) are Galar Pokémon and it has the second most episodes after Kanto. This is an anime driven to sell merch, and Gen 8 has the newest merch thay needs the promo boost to be sold.

My line of logic is, if Ash is capturing Pokémon, it makes marketing sense to give him Galar pokémon.
That's assuming he'll capture anything at all.
This is an anime driven to sell merch, and Gen 8 has the newest merch thay needs the promo boost to be sold.
Judging by the anime's performance so far, this is not the case.

Isn't it an assumption you believe? Your whole line-of-logic is based on it.
I personally believe Ash will capture Pokémon, but I keep it aside, and build upon an assumption that Ash's capturing Pokémon this saga. If he doesn’t, then obviously they’re going a different way. Nowhere did I state that Ash is definitely catching Pokémon. I’ve made it pretty clear that my posts assumed that Ash is capturing Pokémon for the sake of the argument.

I can have an opinion on something and use it as an assumption somewhere else.

Eh? I don't see any reason to discuss things based on things we don't know. It's like discussing which Galar pokémon Hikari would get if she return to the show.

I thin after one or two season of this anime we will get the actual Sword and Shield action directed in Galar with a new girl and Ash without Hop or Hop as Rival there.

This anime with Hop feels like Battle Frontier, maybe the Battle Tree comes into the game and Ash will use roosters against Cynthia and other old rivals? Ritchie would be nice with M-Charizard-Y to battle against Ash.
Cynthia with M-Garchomp woud be nice and the come back of Greninja for short before sending to Galar or Oak.

Eh? I don't see any reason to discuss things based on things we don't know. It's like discussing which Galar pokémon Hikari would get if she return to the show.
That’s the entire point of speculation. And your example isn’t really comparable since, while Ash hasn’t caught anything yet, he’s still around for the possibility to happen thus allowing speculation while Dawn’s been gone for over 10 years now so there’s no real basis in even speculating anything for her.

I'm thinking that Sobble and Grookey might appear with Gloria and Victor in the future. Of course those characters have very slim odds of showing up but I want to be optimistic about them appearing in this series.

I'm thinking that Sobble and Grookey might appear with Gloria and Victor in the future. Of course those characters have very slim odds of showing up but I want to be optimistic about them appearing in this series.
I don't think that they would have the Galar starters unless they are either added to the main cast or Ash or Gou get them too.

I think they've already taken too long to show off Grookey and Sobble. Most series get the starters in within the first few episodes. We're 13 episodes in and we've only seen Scorbunny.
Judging by the titles and summaries of episodes 14, 15, and 16, we're probably gonna be 16 episodes in without seeing those two. I don't know what the writers are doing, but I don't like it. I really hope Pocket Monsters lasts a good while because Galar Pokemon really haven't gotten much love. I know it's still fairly early, but still, they should've at least shown off Grookey and Sobble by now. It's ridiculous that we haven't seen them yet. I really hope the writers have something great planned for these two Pokemon. If not, I'll be really upset because I love Grookey and especially Sobble.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom