• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

Nice! It's so cool to see mystery dungeon back for the Switch.

I really hope that they nerf Jirachi and Celebi's dungeon a bit. Those two dungeons were just horribly difficult.
Wish Cave and Joyous Tower were rather easy once you had a tight belt and therefore could spend as much time as necessary grinding. Purity Forest, though... *war flashbacks*

Guys, I just realized something. The Final Boss may or may not be a Pokemon that gained the ability to Mega Evolve in Gen 6.
Only being cryptic so as not to spoil anything for those who have not played the original games.
Oh God, why did you have to remind me? That dungeon was bad enough already.

Don't know why Lucario's in this. At first I thought it was because Lucario got referenced in the originals but then I saw that Lucario is apparently a playable character in this game which goes beyond just a reference.

Don't know why Lucario's in this. At first I thought it was because Lucario got referenced in the originals but then I saw that Lucario is apparently a playable character in this game which goes beyond just a reference.
Perhaps they are putting Gen 4 Pokemon into the final game?
IIRC, since I have not played Rescue Team in 10 years or more, Alakazam says that Lucario had the best Rescue Team and that's why the final rank is named after him, so maybe they're expanding that by adding him to this game. I feel that Munchlax also has a chance of appearing considering he appeared in a rare random event, too.

IIRC, since I have not played Rescue Team in 10 years or more, Alakazam says that Lucario had the best Rescue Team and that's why the final rank is named after him, so maybe they're expanding that by adding him to this game. I feel that Munchlax also has a chance of appearing considering he appeared in a rare random event, too.
That would make sense. I mean, why mention wanting to become as famous as Lucario, when the darn thing does not appear at all. Also, it's possible that the rank was called that simply to promote generation 4, which had not yet started at the time of the original games' release during Generation 3. Same with Munchlax.

It's safe to say that the Pokémon that got a (pre-)evolution after the original games came out (so Budew and Roserade, Ambipom, Mismagius and Honchkrow, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Mantyke, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire and Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon and Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, Froslass, and Sylveon) as well as Riolu + Lucario will all be in the game. I actually quite like this approach; I wouldn't be happy if they threw an entire five (!) generations of Pokémon into a game they don't really belong to, and at the same time, preventing all these Pokémon from evolving would be unnecessary too (throwback to FireRed/LeafGreen). I guess Lucario is a bit of a bonus, but I could imagine that they include a little arc that deals with him and his "super incredible" Rescue Team.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom