• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I don't see them doing the 'correct' combinations of the fossils.

The site doesn't mention new non-legendary Pokémon to begin with. To be fair, I would've liked 2-3 new lines. But well...

I been thinking about a few things and want to hear other opinions.

So that said what do you think the chances are that ?

There are random Npc battles in these new areas ?
im not talking about battles most likely in the dojo or battles with the new rival's. I mean battles like normal npc battles in caves, Forests, etc.

Second question

What are the chances there is a technical " third " bad group centered around trying to use the new legendary pokemon in the crown tundra ?

its something that would be an interesting twist like others in the exploration group " if there are others " besides you and the mystery person that puts you in charge are a split faction that wants the legendary for themselves.

Thoughts ?

im not talking about battles most likely in the dojo or battles with the new rival's. I mean battles like normal npc battles in caves, Forests, etc.

Second question

What are the chances there is a technical " third " bad group centered around trying to use the new legendary pokemon in the crown tundra ?

its something that would be an interesting twist like others in the exploration group " if there are others " besides you and the mystery person that puts you in charge are a split faction that wants the legendary for themselves.

Thoughts ?
1- Obviously.

2- Not sure how likely that is.

I wonder what kind of moves we’ll get via tutor. They said the new moves were brand new. Brand new as in, “ not a tutor move ever “ or “ not a tutor move in SwSh”. I hoping for Roost personally. I want use Stallbreaker Togekiss and Hydreigon again.

I wonder what kind of moves we’ll get via tutor. They said the new moves were brand new. Brand new as in, “ not a tutor move ever “ or “ not a tutor move in SwSh”. I hoping for Roost personally. I want use Stallbreaker Togekiss and Hydreigon again.
I've mentioned this before but I'm expecting a replacement for Return--a 100 accuracy high power normal move with no secondary effect or odd mechanics.
I'm also quite curious about the new items the chart mentions coming with the Isle of Armor.
With the talk they had pre-release about making it easier to use your team competitively I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a Hidden Ability capsule, though I also wouldn't be surprised if no such thing happens.

There is no joke! We've gotta kill those things! They shouldn't even be able to live! One of them has it's head upside down! How is it atill alive! They're all eternally suffering!

Except Dracozolt, he looks pretty okay. His body is a bit mismatched with his much larger legs but he could potentially pass as a whole pokemon.

if they would have better abilities and stats no one would complain so much... but more fossils would be cool.

Here's how I see it, the other halves of the fossil Pokemon will possibly be found in the Isle of Armor and will incorporate another Cara Liss-like character to have four other incomplete combinations based on the missing opposite halves of the four Galar fossils we have now. Then the Crown Tundra will have someone who can combine the right halves together to create those original fossil Pokemon.

That's how I see it happening in order for there to be at least a new group of fossil Pokemon for both DLCs.

i think you are tuning in correctly to a good possibility!!

There would even be the option for there to be a counterpart name such as Matty Q. Liss or something :) :) :)

i think you are tuning in correctly to a good possibility!!

There would even be the option for there to be a counterpart name such as Matty Q. Liss or something :) :) :)
There could be two scientists who are trying to one up one and another, whilst a third who cares more about Fossil Pokemon who actually can be able to piece the fossils properly together.

Last edited:
There's a line indicating no new Pokémon except for legendary Pokémon.

Believing in the full fossil Pokémon to come in the expansions is basically fanfiction-territory.

There's a line indicating no new Pokémon except for legendary Pokémon.

Believing in the full fossil Pokémon to come in the expansions is basically fanfiction-territory.
to you, everything is fanfiction. We didn't even know that there would be DLC for Sword and Shield, and with their being new Regional Forms and possible evolution, anything can happen at this point. They are wanting to make the DLCs worth the price.

This person here actually can give us a proper understanding for where this may take us.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtR-7Z6_BQM

If there are new fossils, then we can likely see in The Crown Tundra we could have the fossil's proper forms and evolutions, making Galar the most fossils in all the regions, since this is where dinosaurs came from. We could have...

Velocazolt: Rock/Electric
Dracasteg: Rock/Dragon
Dunklevish: Rock/Water
Arctisaur: Rock/Ice

Second question

Thoughts ?
Probably pretty low chances on both accounts. These are both open-world areas like the wild area and the Wild Area only ever had 1 roaming training in it. We may see the same for each of the new areas but I doubt it would be more than 1 if any.

I don’t think the DLC will be benough to have an entirely new major plot with a third evil team.

I don’t think we’re getting any new fossils in the DLC, but I would like to see their lore/backstories expanded upon in a future game.

Remember, Fossil Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to be limited in terms of how many can be introduced. Also, archeology did become more popular in the UK due to the overwhelming amount of fossil pieces found there.

to you, everything is fanfiction. We didn't even know that there would be DLC for Sword and Shield, and with their being new Regional Forms and possible evolution, anything can happen at this point. They are wanting to make the DLCs worth the price.

This person here actually can give us a proper understanding for where this may take us.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtR-7Z6_BQM

If there are new fossils, then we can likely see in The Crown Tundra we could have the fossil's proper forms and evolutions, making Galar the most fossils in all the regions, since this is where dinosaurs came from. We could have...

Velocazolt: Rock/Electric
Dracasteg: Rock/Dragon
Dunklevish: Rock/Water
Arctisaur: Rock/Ice

Just read the description on the site. It's just not very plausible; nothing indicates new, regular, Pokémon.

And if there are new non-legendary Pokémon, which I doubt, nothing indicates they would be your hypothetical new 'complete' fossils.

Personally? Their gimmick is their absurdness; adding the complete forms would make the concept and their features somewhat less authentic.

Just read the description on the site. It's just not very plausible; nothing indicates new, regular, Pokémon.

And if there are new non-legendary Pokémon, which I doubt, nothing indicates they would be your hypothetical new 'complete' fossils.

Personally? Their gimmick is their absurdness; adding the complete forms would make the concept and their features somewhat less authentic.
It's too early to say this is final. We didn't got much for Sword and Shield when the first trailers dropped, and we had to wait until the main game or leaks come out for it. Something similar will likely happen, with features that might surprise us all.

It's too early to say this is final. We didn't got much for Sword and Shield when the first trailers dropped, and we had to wait until the main game or leaks come out for it. Something similar will likely happen, with features that might surprise us all.
Screenshot_20200123-180025_Chrome.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom